news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Archive > Classics

Old 02-19-2006, 07:40 AM   #166
SlightlySlightedFan

SlightlySlightedFan grasshopper
Default Weird story that I probably shouldn't tell.

I mean this. And it's gonna sound weird. But for me it's true. I was like 6 rows back from the stage, about 30 feet away from where The Wu was standing. So the show was goin off. I don't know what song they where playing at the time. But what happened was, I was yelling at the top of my lungs, and Rza was walking around the stage. So he kicks, or swipes or something at this puddle of water on the stage. So this water get's airborn and all spread out. It hits like 15 - 20 people right in the face. Some of the water hit me in the eyes. I was thinking after it happened, why would Rza kick puddled water at fans?
And an answer came to me as I was driving home. Rza literally kicked a tear to my eye. From about 30 feet away, that sort of thing takes exceptionally strong Kung-Fu.
Rza's the man.
I'm sure if he told this story, it'd be very different. But that's how I tell it.
It's a rashamon thing, only nobody's lying.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:42 AM   #167
SlightlySlightedFan

Default No choice at all.

I missed a Gza show a few months back, because I didn't know until the day after that he was here. It won't happen again. If you gotta make a choice, choose to see Gza and Dilated Peoples. I don't see any other choice, unless it's to just see Gza.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:04 AM   #168
ZiG 9th
Universal builder

Location: Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix
ZiG 9th Village Idiot
Send a message via AIM to ZiG 9th Send a message via Yahoo to ZiG 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlySlightedFan
I mean this. And it's gonna sound weird. But for me it's true. I was like 6 rows back from the stage, about 30 feet away from where The Wu was standing. So the show was goin off. I don't know what song they where playing at the time. But what happened was, I was yelling at the top of my lungs, and Rza was walking around the stage. So he kicks, or swipes or something at this puddle of water on the stage. So this water get's airborn and all spread out. It hits like 15 - 20 people right in the face. Some of the water hit me in the eyes. I was thinking after it happened, why would Rza kick puddled water at fans?
And an answer came to me as I was driving home. Rza literally kicked a tear to my eye. From about 30 feet away, that sort of thing takes exceptionally strong Kung-Fu.
Rza's the man.
I'm sure if he told this story, it'd be very different. But that's how I tell it.
It's a rashamon thing, only nobody's lying.

lmao!!! Thatz entertaining!
Old 02-19-2006, 09:55 AM   #169
SlightlySlightedFan

Default Entertaining? It's more Religious I think.

I can't play myself. I just can't and that's that.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:57 AM   #170
ZiG 9th
Universal builder

Location: Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix
ZiG 9th Village Idiot
Send a message via AIM to ZiG 9th Send a message via Yahoo to ZiG 9th

You a funny dude man!
Old 02-19-2006, 12:49 PM   #171
sakk
Autarch

sakk crouching tigersakk crouching tiger

Last show is tonight. Damn I wish I coulda made it to a date on this tour. Wu Tang, come to the south more often.

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
rep·re·sent
To stand for; symbolize
Old 02-19-2006, 02:24 PM   #172
POPS36

POPS36 grasshopper
Default Please

I pray that the reunion comes to chicago for all of the East coast soldiers living out here. GZA at The abbey pub on 3/1 and Ghost returns on 3/21 at HOB. but please bring the whole clan.

kill it-
POPS
Old 02-19-2006, 02:40 PM   #173
AmstelLight

AmstelLight grasshopper

St. Petersburg is 1 of the Korniest places to have a concert!!! What Mc would want 2 rock the mic with a midnight cerfew. I know wu showed up; big up 4 that , but that heavy metal/rap band was the bullsh*t of the night!!!! The production was wack, the beats were to loud for the speakers & the lyrics was jus yellin'! These garbage mc's yelled and screamed for 4 songs and 4 sum reason the crowd allowed this shit to keep playin'. sum people booed. A black guy threw his wife beater at the group, but I wish I had a beer bottle to throw! Now I know why that group didn't open up in New York cause they would have gotten booed off or thier ass kicked off! St. Petersburg must realize that they as hip-hop fans have a right to throw someone of the stage if they ain't feelin' the artists.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #174
killarmyblack
85 %ER

killarmyblack grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to killarmyblack Send a message via MSN to killarmyblack

im at the show right now i went to all the shows how do i post pictures on here cause i got tons of pics from the shows somebody let me know or email me denmmm36@msn.com
Old 02-20-2006, 01:24 AM   #175
SlightlySlightedFan

Default Orlando Show, Holy Shit!!!

Ok, so now I went to 2 shows back to back, 5th or 6th row both times.
After this show I didn't meet anyone, somehow I carried my soaked and strepped ass out of the building. I met up with some of my friends, and downed 3 sport drinks and a water. This is why I'm still alive to write this.
I say I didn't meet anyone, I couldn't really stand up to good after the show, but I wish to god I had.
Here's the news. Quentin Tarrantino was there. The Wu Tang Clan was there. These are aritists and craftsman that literally set new standards for what they're medium is, and will be forever. QUENTIN TARRANTINO,,,AND WU TANG ARE IN MY CITY TONIGHT. But, I didn't have the energy left to meet them, and if I had, I woulda passed out anyway.
Alright so heres some stories.
Rza told the crowd that when they recorded Protect Ya Neck, they each put up $50.00, and changed the world. What this means to you and I and everyone is, If you're writing here, battling, reading battles, voting, or whatever. Take that and put it on tape, wax, digital files, CD, if you care about the Art form, then protect that shit by contributing your own version to it. Don't ever let nothin get in you're way. The Wu had nothing, and look where they are now. Tarrantino worked in a video store, go watch any of his movies, go read any of his scripts. These dudes got more wang than a chinese phone book.
Raekwon, had, I dunno, 50 G's in his pocket, didn't even say nothin about it, just pulled out the edge of this fuckin gangsta wad. Walkin round smilin and shit. I had to laugh, thats some funny shit.
Ghostface clowned on Laffy Taffy again. He's doin this every night, because this art form is drowning, it's dyin a slow party music death. And he wants to hear that new shit, and he wants to hear it most of all from us. The god is emotional, The god wants us to to stop just fuckin listening to it, and actually put it all out there. And, if you don't think he'll listen to it, or you think it won't be heard by anyone that can make that big difference, you're wrong. Last night in St. Pete, while I was gettin his autogragh, someone handed off a CD, and some dude, that runs all that behind the scenes shit, was askin this dude with the demo, "Is this you?".
So basically, if you make a CD and hand it off, it'll get heard, it'll have it's day in court. Remember that.
Also pick up the Pretty Toney album. I can't believe how good that album is. It's fuckin ridiculous. I listened on the way home, it's unbelievable. Fuck it, buy all them albums.
The last story, is about what it is to go to back to back shows. Get that energy up. Yesterday I drove like 250 miles round trip, and it was 10 times easier than the little 40 mile trip I took today. I almost passed out during the show, and woulda got crushed by all the other fans, I almost died driving home in the car, only 20 miles of driving, all highway. If I hadn't a been chewing gum during the show, I woulda puked, got dehydrated and passed out, at the end of the 2nd show, I was leaning on this dudes shoulder or would have fallen the fuck down. So take some vitamins, eat right, sleep, alla that. If you don't it could be very dangerous for you, and nobody wants to see that at a show.
Lastly, don't ever talk about Florida fans. Last night, In St. Pete, we put that shit down, tonight in Orlando, it was sold out, it was hot as a motherfucker in there, and we almost broke the rafters to the joint. So keep the lid on it. It's not totally our fault that we have draconian curfew laws, among a host of other fucked out legislation packages. This is a republican state, a red state, even being a human in this atmosphere is tough. So sssssshhhhhhh, quiet.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:32 AM   #176
SlightlySlightedFan

Default Thanks

Oh yeah, I met this other fan, after the show. He was standing in fronta me during the show, and knew all the lyrics, and said all the lyrics, the whole time. This is something that I couldn't do, so I met him and my brain was so addled that I didn't get his name. So, if he reads this, or by some chance finds out it's him. Then you gotta know, I got respect for that.
And when The Wu comes to you're town, have a demo, don't miss a show, and don't pass out.

PEACE to the Gods
Thanks for turnin the party out!
Old 02-20-2006, 01:45 AM   #177
Kriszy Substance
And in the end..?

Kriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkey

Thanks for all the updates...much appreciation to SlightlySlightedFan for all his input, if there were still rep points up in this bitch then you would have all I could give. Love to all. I really hope this comes out on DVD. Did G ever put up any footage?

www.myspace.com/kriszysubstance

Old 02-20-2006, 02:03 AM   #178
shaolin_danger
Veteran Member

shaolin_danger grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to shaolin_danger Send a message via Yahoo to shaolin_danger
Thumbs up Fucking Orlando!!!!!

What the fuck!!
Old 02-20-2006, 02:05 AM   #179
shaolin_danger
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to shaolin_danger Send a message via Yahoo to shaolin_danger

I just typed mad shit and it errored me, fuck that, i'm too tired its 3am, the show was bang'n type more tomorrow
Old 02-20-2006, 11:39 AM   #180
shaolin_danger
Veteran Member

Talking "ORLANDO the LIVEST CROWD of all CITYS" Rza said

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_danger
I just typed mad shit and it errored me, fuck that, i'm too tired its 3am, the show was bang'n type more tomorrow

FUck it happen again!!!!!!!!!