news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Archive > Classics

Old 02-11-2006, 04:13 PM   #46
autumnsapphires
Bronx Baby

autumnsapphires grasshopper

That's it! I couldnt resist. I just booked my ticket to go to the Wu show again here in NYC. I had a real good time at the CT show now I can't wait until Wu comes home. They didn't perform Protct Ya Neck that night and I see they didnt at the other shows neither. I guess they don't want anyone to suffer any serious injuries. I'm a female and I get buckwild off that song.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:12 PM   #47
wufan10304
SLIMEY SAVAGE

wufan10304 prodigal sonwufan10304 prodigal sonwufan10304 prodigal sonwufan10304 prodigal sonwufan10304 prodigal sonwufan10304 prodigal son
Send a message via AIM to wufan10304

This is my review of the Wu-Tang Clan show on 2/10 in Philly last night. like i said, its MY review. if u dont like, it fuck it. anyway, me and my peoples got in there early, it had to be at least 7:45, we got up to the front. i met my nigga "Hollow Dartz" he was right next to me and shit. anway, around 8:30 niggas was still setting up mics, and all that. i been to many wu concerts actuallly all in the past year (wu show in jersey 04, Gza in 05, and ghostface in 05) and these niggas go on when they fuck they want. lol. so i figured they would hop on stage around 11 ish. so in the mean time, the dj playing wack records, then a band comes out to perform just to "entertain" us. basicly, mission failed. niggas was throwing change at these fools, booing em..the whole nine. philly niggas is gangsta. then towards the end, the band was throwing free t-shirts only to get them thrown back in there face. i told u philly niggas is gangsta! ha ha. so they bounced off stage around 10 something. and the crowd is now dying for the wu. so in the mean time, this dj is still spinning wack ass records. this nigga was playing fuckin jay-z, rocafella, and even queen pen! this nigga played Queen Pen! then shit got crazy when he played the whisper song. people was scratchin they head like huh? basicly, people were getting mad restless. then around 10:50 ish, mathmatics came out. he was getting the crowd hype, then one of cappadonnas people came out and said a few bars. then da nigga thats on masta killas song love spell came out and sang two half songs..lol..then trife the god came out, said a verse from biskits. then shit kinda died down a lil. like i said, i was up front, i was to the far right. and out the corner of my eye, i see a nigga come running from the back of the stage wit some fatigues spraying champagne on the crowd. he made his way to my side still spraying niggas..and the shit got in my eye too! that shit was burning! as he got close, i realized it was RZA! not that i dont kno who Rza is, but it was fog on the stage and shit. so behind Rza, was the whole clan! just coming out deep. i think they came out to "Bring the Rukas" the crowd went crazy. it was crazy seeing all them niggas on stage at the same time. right in front of me too! then they did a whole slew of songs, just killing it! it was definitley worth the wait. everyone brought there A game. they took time out to pay respect for ODB as well. they rapped a few of his songs. it was just mad fun! its hard to describe, you had to be there to know. so if the wu is coming near ya city, GO! that seemed like some once and a lifetime type shit. when was the last time the Wu went on tour? so do ya self a favor and go! Overall, i give the show a A-/ B+

Cons
Meth was doing way to many solo joints for me. i know he the star or whatnot, but i would have liked to see other brothers get they chance to shine. i mean, cappadonna, u god, and masta killa had like 3 verses the whole night. i know its 9 niggas, but everyone wants to shine. i was hoping it was like the jersey concert in 04. when niggas came out one by one for 10/15 minutes doing they solo shit. from U-god-Rza. then when rza was done doing his solo shit, the whole wu came back as one, and killed that shit! everyone had they time to shine on some solo shit, then at the end came back as one

Im a big masta killa fan, and for my nigga to only get like three or four verses, i was kinda upset about that. then when he was spitting, his mic was all fucked up

I wish they just didnt perform the classic songs, i wanted them to do more songs were everyone gets to shine. some of the joints on wu albums that are hot songs and has alot of members on them...such as bells of war, careful click click, shit like that.

that was the only cons..the rest of the concert was fire..lol

PROS
it was good seeing the whole wu up there with each other. they was patting each others backs and shit. it seemed like they was happy to be back together. definitley something ima remember.

Ghostface is funny as shit. he was talkin about how music is wack right now. then he said he was sorry for rap music right now and he sorry we have to listen to that bullshit. then mathmatics played Rakim, then he was like, this is REAL hip hop. then he math played laffy taffy..and ghost was doing that stupid ass dance making fun of that shit..then math played some biz markie to show real hip hop from what is on the radio

meth said its going to be a new wu album. so hopefully niggas will make some moves to get shit going. they was pumping the new ghostface cd as well..and cuban linx 2
Old 02-11-2006, 07:14 PM   #48
autumnsapphires
Bronx Baby

Thanks for the info aboput the Philly show. I was going to see Wu there originally and changed my mind. I'm glad I did because I would have been pissed with the mics messing up. They came out one by one with their solo joints at the Connecticut show and I thought that was better too. It helps build up the crowd because everyone was wondering who's coming out next. Then at the end the Clan was together. It was beautiful.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #49
Liquidswordsman
Shogun Assassin

Liquidswordsman grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Liquidswordsman

i was also in Philly...that opening band was sooooo wack...they had noooo chance, the DJ got caught with out having enought records, cause he started good with old hip-hop and then 4 hours later u could see him the the bottom of his stacks...... The "fog" u speak of was actually everybodies brother and mothers cigarette smoke (i love how before the wu came out everyone was trying so hard to smoke the herb and not get caught...and we didnt).......once they got on stage the dumbasses that the factory didnt have the mics right....go fig, a wu show with wack mic's.....so each member would pass the mic, but not METH, my man was hoggin all night.....GZA touched the mic one time in the first half hour, and meth did his rap in two of gza's joints but GZA didnt spit.......Masta Killa held down the back right part of the stage for like the whole concert....it just seemed like certain members were already tired of eachother........Ghost and Rae were sounded great, and the laffytaffy dance was epic......all in all it was a great show, but it just seemed like the group was together on a few things........thats life though.....wu-tang forever...

also....note to method.....dont jump into the section in the front with girls and people taking pictures of u, they probably wont be able to hold u....meth took one hell of a fall that nite

less meth singles...more wu-tang song...PE ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooly Noggins
usa was built on terrorism

Old 02-11-2006, 08:41 PM   #50
autumnsapphires
Bronx Baby

It's funny that you mention Meth jumping in an audienace full of girls. When I was 16 I went to see Meth and Red. I was front row center. Most girls love Meth so when he hit the stage the crowd was mostly women. He jumped in the audience and kicked me in the eye. I was alright and did'nt really care then, but I don't want it to happen again.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #51
deezel

deezel grasshopper

i think it's better they all come out together...i'd rather they play the hot solo joints and group songs....at the meadowlands show i had to listen to some u-god shit i don't even know...some slow masta killa shit which is good but not at a big concert like that...last night the brothers were on their A game...i don't want to hear new u-god songs at a wu show...i think they have to come out together...that's where their energy is...so you can get a release yo delf by meth and then get hit off with some slick ass raekwon shit...to ghost...back to meth...and so on..
Old 02-11-2006, 09:31 PM   #52
shaolin_danger
Veteran Member

shaolin_danger grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to shaolin_danger Send a message via Yahoo to shaolin_danger
Thumbs up Extra Ticket For Orlando, Fl. Show

Yo my die hard wu-fans in FLORIDA, i got one extra ticket for the Show in Orlando, Fl. Hard Rock Live Feb. 19th, holla2 me if intrested. alex_t16@yahoo.com

peace
Old 02-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #53
shaolin_danger
Veteran Member

shaolin_danger grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to shaolin_danger Send a message via Yahoo to shaolin_danger
Thumbs up No Solo One by One The HOLE CLAN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnsapphires
Thanks for the info aboput the Philly show. I was going to see Wu there originally and changed my mind. I'm glad I did because I would have been pissed with the mics messing up. They came out one by one with their solo joints at the Connecticut show and I thought that was better too. It helps build up the crowd because everyone was wondering who's coming out next. Then at the end the Clan was together. It was beautiful.

Nah i want the hole CLAN on stage from begining to END like in the "Disciples of the 36 Chambers DVD". and do nothing but FOREVER tracks and Pre 1992 thro 1997 tracks. nothing else. I've seen the one by one solo shit back on Iron Flag tour. I want WU-TANG CLAN Reunion all the classic album bangers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enter 36, Tical, Return to 36, Liquid Swords, Ironman and Forever!!!!!

and yo fello fanz get @ me i have an extra ticket for Orlando, Florida Show the LAST SHOW!!!!! email alex_t16@yahoo.com
Old 02-11-2006, 10:44 PM   #54
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

damn u eastcoast bastids... lmao...

come over to bay area cali WU you hear me LMAO.... peace

i am going to GFK show in March

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Old 02-12-2006, 01:01 AM   #55
autumnsapphires
Bronx Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekunique
no, please show.
I made the Bobby Digital mask red for Valentines Day. Unfortunately I will not post the inside of the card (that's personal). But you can see the envelope of the Birthday card I made for GZA as a sneak peak of my Wu-Tang slide show. Enjoy.

http://imagexoom.com/showGallery.php?gallery=VT78MTTMP
Old 02-12-2006, 04:08 AM   #56
Tommy Wong

Tommy Wong grasshopper

ne one go to the saturday show? word is somoene got they ass beat in teh crowd?
Old 02-12-2006, 05:02 AM   #57
truth0ne
truth0ne SGC/ Studio Griz

truth0ne grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to truth0ne Send a message via Yahoo to truth0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Wong
ne one go to the saturday show? word is somoene got they ass beat in teh crowd?
Someone got mushed out after the show, but it went farily well otherwise.

Aside from the... inappropriate opening act, the shit was lovely.

Blurry-ass cellphone pics up in about 8 or 9 hours...

All this driving in the damn snow... i need to sleep.

PEACE.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:07 AM   #58
ST .PAUL

ST .PAUL grasshopper

you lucky bastard.... propz.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:22 AM   #59
Tommy Wong

Tommy Wong grasshopper

yeah apparnetly somebody got slammed into a car or some shit haha
ne body make their way over to the merch table? how much were shirts
Old 02-12-2006, 06:29 AM   #60
"G" (the Promoter)
aka, IRONROBE, WhiteFang

"G" (the Promoter) crouching tiger"G" (the Promoter) crouching tiger

It's been hectic for me on this tour so far since I've been out of the "game" for a minute ,and the re adjusted sleep (or lack of) schedule .It's been good to be around my whole "family" again after not seeing them all together in a long time, as well as being able to meet some of you.I'll get pics posted next week after I get back from the tour. G