news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 06-23-2005, 04:42 PM   #1
ch-chef
Veteran Member

ch-chef shaolin monk
Default Prodigal...i want my money back

how long we been waitin for this to drop? me, since uh...lets just say 10 years. i bought it yesterday from my hoods corner record shop and im rankin this piece of shit cd up there with the yin yang as one of the worst wu albums ever. it sounds nothin at all like wu or the sunz, i cant even explain the overall sound of it...its like south meets west meets the sewage drain....brutality is the only shit i can listen to (i love it) and maybe...maybe #2 soul survivor. i hate this and i wanna frisbee it down the street but i might be able to get 2 dollars for it if i really get on the grind.
dissapointment sucks.
ch-chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:27 PM   #2
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default Re: Prodigal...i want my money back

yeah i've heard snippets of it and the only songs im feeling are the two Rza tracks and another track i cant remember the name of. it doesnt sound like its worth my cash.

i never listen to anyone who gives and album review and i DL albums before i buy them ever since the BOAP fiasco.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:58 PM   #3
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36
yeah i've heard snippets of it and the only songs im feeling are the two Rza tracks and another track i cant remember the name of. it doesnt sound like its worth my cash.

i never listen to anyone who gives and album review and i DL albums before i buy them ever since the BOAP fiasco.
OK HAVEN'T BOUGHT IT YET AND BUT I WHAT ABOUT BOAP WHAT WAS WRONG WIT IT I LOVE THAT CD ALL THE SONGS BUT WE POP

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:01 PM   #4
36chambers
The People's Champ

36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta

Thats why people listen to snippets before buying albums.

BIG L Rest In Peace
36chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:26 PM   #5
FasterBlade
Veteran Member

FasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venoms

it does suck pretty bad. picks up a bit towards the end, all in all the beats are real lame. the guys as underground as it gets and every hook was on some singin shit, makes no sense
FasterBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:51 PM   #6
seyone

seyone grasshopper

this shit is pretty bad. Ive been lookin forward to it for a while. it only has one or two redeming momonts.
seyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:54 PM   #7
Soulless
PRODIGAL SUN

Soulless crouching tiger

puzzled is tight. Who produced that?
Old 06-24-2005, 12:04 AM   #8
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

I like the album but the hooks on it are bad. In My Life, Brutality, Puzzled, the other RZA track are the best songs on it.
deadlymelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:16 AM   #9
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
OK HAVEN'T BOUGHT IT YET AND BUT I WHAT ABOUT BOAP WHAT WAS WRONG WIT IT I LOVE THAT CD ALL THE SONGS BUT WE POP
in the review thread everyone was saying BOAP was classic and i went and bought it and it was crap.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 06-24-2005, 12:20 AM   #10
staycreepin_n_silence
Veteran Member

staycreepin_n_silence shaolin monk

if I go by yalls rating doesnt sound like an album to get
staycreepin_n_silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:23 AM   #11
THE W
ISRAELITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by staycreepin_n_silence
if I go by yalls rating doesnt sound like an album to get
dont ever do that, always listen for yourself.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:50 AM   #12
Second Coming
Veteran Member

Second Coming shaolin monk

Just to throw my 2 cents in, I bought the album and I don't like it either. Brutality is the shit and the other Rza joint has a dope beat although the hook sucks. The rest of it is pretty much unlistenable. I was dissapointed that "Love Ain't No Stranger" wasn't on the album-I heard that joint before the album dropped and it's tighter than most of that wack shit on there.
Second Coming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:56 AM   #13
J-Ronin
illest mixtape DJ out

J-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal son
Send a message via AIM to J-Ronin Send a message via MSN to J-Ronin

Peace fam. Prodigal's album is aight. I wish him the best. However I am looking foward more for his mixtape. It's gonna have a good quality version of Love ain't no Stranger and a lot of either ill songs that fit more with P's traditional sound. More sample based beats, less singing hooks.

So keep a look out for the mixtape cuz thats what I really wanna get.

- J
J-Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:12 AM   #14
Vegan
Herbivore

Vegan grasshopper

It isn't that bad. I like about half of the CD. Brutality is an excellent track and has the style of production I would hope to hear on an entire album. Sunn does rhyme with the words "American Dream" way to much in way too many tracks, though.

Vegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:16 AM   #15
IronFingaz

IronFingaz grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to IronFingaz Send a message via MSN to IronFingaz Send a message via Yahoo to IronFingaz

Personally I like it better than Streetlife's album, I'm not going to praise it but theres some songs on there that keep my attention. Puzzled, Godz People, Brutality, Campaignin, and Sunshine. Another joint I like is Manhunt, I DO NOT like the chorus, but on the verses he sounds like the angry Prodigal from back in like 95 and I love it. I do believe with Prodigal's talent, he should have had a better album, but I will not sit here and say it is the worst since yin and yang, there have been worse albums than this from the Wu.

P.E.A.C.E.