news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 06-24-2005, 08:19 AM   #1
Wu-Disciple
Veteran Member

Wu-Disciple shaolin monk
Default Wrong Analysis

Ok, could you guys stop trashin Wu albums after a few listens. talkin shit about street and p sunn's albums, and now i dont know what to do.

any true Wu fan knows Wu album usually grows on you. at first they sound regular, until you're blasting it one day and you're like: oh shit is bangin

y'all did it to me w/ Immobilarity and The movement, and Redemption, and even tical 2000. all four albums are bangers. only now some people are realizin that. so take it easy a bit

one
Wu-Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:21 AM   #2
The 7th
Veteran Member

The 7th crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to The 7th
Default Re: Wrong Analysis

strangely u only listed weak albums, everyone got their taste, so u might not like The greatest story ever told by Shyheim but to me that could be a classic, and it is a classic. we are all different, so we all like different things, only albums everyone agree on or most ppl agree on are called classics, such as enter the 36 or does any one here hate that album???
Old 06-24-2005, 08:32 AM   #3
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

there was a time when wu albums didnt grow on you. you loved them the instant you heard them. i think that sometimes we listen to an album with way too high an expection and we miss out on how great an album is in its own right. at the same time you shouldnt have to brainwash yourself into liking something. if you aint feelin it, you aint feelin it..and the only opinion that really matters is your own. unless people plan on buying albums for you, listen to music that YOU enjoy.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:41 AM   #4
Welshkillabee
WelshKillaBee

Welshkillabee grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36
there was a time when wu albums didnt grow on you. you loved them the instant you heard them. i think that sometimes we listen to an album with way too high an expection and we miss out on how great an album is in its own right. at the same time you shouldnt have to brainwash yourself into liking something. if you aint feelin it, you aint feelin it..and the only opinion that really matters is your own. unless people plan on buying albums for you, listen to music that YOU enjoy.
Word, like this one time the Source (and XXL) gave Warren G like 1 or 2mics for Return of the Regulator I didnt buy it for ages cos of that then I thought fuck it and the shit was a banger fa real! So never judge on others opinions.
Peace
Welshkillabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:53 AM   #5
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

exactly,

and dont think that someone's opinion holds any weight because he can right a review in a magazine. YOU be the judge.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 06-24-2005, 12:29 PM   #6
Antibody
Formerly Arsehole

Antibody grasshopper

Wu-Disciple, I'm with you. I don't think everything that Wu releases is a banger, I don't really like Tical 2,000, and as brilliant as the lyrics on Immobilarity are (I think better than Cuban Linx), I still think half the beats on it suck.
I use reviews as a guidline, but I'm the ultimate judge of whether it's good or not.
Antibody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:31 PM   #7
Ink Is My Drink
Veteran Member

Ink Is My Drink shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36
exactly,

and dont think that someone's opinion holds any weight because he can right a review in a magazine. YOU be the judge.
word!
Ink Is My Drink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:44 PM   #8
FasterBlade
Veteran Member

FasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venoms

P Sunn deserves the bad reviews, aside from it not being very good musically the hooks are so damn corny. he lost his way foreal, Street on the other hand delivered what most should have expected: a solid album. could have used more of a Wu influence musically but its cool, about what you'd expect
FasterBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:25 PM   #9
BoSaNCeRoS

BoSaNCeRoS grasshopper

The thing is that a Wu fan will always expect a superior or a classic release. If that does not happen, some people tend to call it wack after just a few listens. The Movement, Redempion, Tical 0 are not wack by today's Hip Hop standards, but certainly are by Wu's standards, because the fans know they could have made a better album.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:44 PM   #10
ch-chef
Veteran Member

ch-chef shaolin monk

obviously im speakin for myself but i know within the first few seconds of a song if i like it or not. the beat for the most part always comes first and if i hate the beat theres no way i can force myself to fully listen to it, lyrically, without sayin this beat sucks i cant take it anymore....skip, 25-30 seconds max. if too many songs on an album are like that...p.sunn, the prequel, the movement then i'll hate that shit and never try and give it a second chance, theres no use i know myself too well. the exeption to that would be Pretty Tone, at first i didnt like it because i was expectin raw grimey beats or clientele beats, but after my second listen i said this aint too bad i kinda like it. bottom line is i know what i like and what beats i absolutely hate....throw my favorite emcee over some wack shit and i dont even care what hes sayin. on the reverse, throw someone like freemurder who lyrically isnt nas but hes grimey over brutality or spafford then shit i'll take the grimey different in and out flow like his over, lets say La on top of...spring water for example.
ch-chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:01 PM   #11
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buLLz-I
The thing is that a Wu fan will always expect a superior or a classic release. If that does not happen, some people tend to call it wack after just a few listens. The Movement, Redempion, Tical 0 are not wack by today's Hip Hop standards, but certainly are by Wu's standards, because the fans know they could have made a better album.
why not? everything they dropped for like 6 years was classic.

I dont give a fuck about todays hip hop standards. Its like a good coach always tells a good team when they are playing a shitty team, dont play down to their level.

If albums arent up to par im gonna say it, i dont really care what the standard of today is.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:46 PM   #12
THE W
ISRAELITE

yeah i think thats a very weak argument...the "its better than everything else out there" argument. we all know very well that wu-tang can make better music than most artists today if they were in a coma.

i for one didnt get into wu cuz they were a little better than whats out today, but because they made groundbreaking music that redefined the limits of dopeness. when i listen to an album i dont ask myself if its better than nelly or lil flips last album. cuz im my opinion those guys dont make music, they just make noise.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:16 PM   #13
shadow_god
Veteran Member

shadow_god grasshopper

face it..alotta new wu releases are not as good as they were back in the day,infact some are straight up wack wannabe pop shit..sorry g,keep lying to yaself but if i aint feeling it,i aint feeling it

liquid swords-quality album
tical the prequal-wu trash can album
shadow_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:56 PM   #14
Knowledge God
Veteran Member

Knowledge God crouching tigerKnowledge God crouching tiger

fuck a beat. lyrics comes first. but obviously good lyrics with good wu style beat is even better. if you prefare beats you better off listening to ruff ryders. listen to mic club by canibus. some of the songs have shit beats but the lyrics are amazin
Knowledge God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 04:54 AM   #15
THE W
ISRAELITE

unless you're an extraordinary lyricist i cant listen to a song if the beat is wack. but i love revolutionary vol 1 and 2 even though most of the beats aint shit.