news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

Old 02-28-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
P-Noid Brown
same ol' same ol'

P-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killa
Default Mos Def - The New Danger.

Anyone In Here Liked Mos Def The New Danger? I Think This Is A Great Album. It Showed The Versitility Of Mos Def. A Lot Of People Dissed This Album Because They Feel It's Not Hip-hop Enough. Personally I Think The Album Is Very Hip-hop Done In A Unique Way. I Got A Couple Of Personal Favorites But This Album's Content Is Great! Anyone Else Agree?
Old 03-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #2
444trumpets
CHECKMATE

444trumpets shaolin monk

yeah man that album sick

beats is bangen

some songs made me just want to boogy feel me
hip hop it dont stop
Elvis didnt make that shit on his own
you know he aint got no soul

peace
Old 03-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta

This was mos def at his weakest.

when i first got it i thought the album was crazy, but when i started listening more to mos def in black star/black on both sides, i was like what the fuck is this? his lyrics fell off, the songs were dumbed down, and i didn't pay for a singing album from a hip hop artist. mos def is experimenting with different styles of music which is fine, but it wasn't enjoyable to listen to for me. this wasn't mos def nearly at the top of his skill.

a review said that this whole album was like the two worst songs off of his other album, umi says and rock n roll. that's kind of right. umi says was good though, but not for half of an album.

like how did the song war, which started out great, turn out to just yelling "fuck you, pay me". what the hell is that? what's that got to do with anything? it sounds like he's trying to have more mainstream appeal, guess his cheques from GM weren't big enough.

as a musical album, i'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10.

as a mos def album, a 5 or a 6.

Last edited by Koolish; 03-01-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:14 AM   #4
P-Noid Brown
same ol' same ol'

P-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killa

I Do Agree But The Joints That Are Hip-hop Influenced Are Sick....
I Love The Kayne Song And Champion Requiem Or Something Like That.... Hopefully He'll Come Back And Give Us A Full Hip-hop Album But The New Danger Is Great! Think Differently.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:22 AM   #5
morgan
Veteran Member

morgan grasshopper

modern marvel is a an unbelievable piece of music that is in my top 5 tunes of all time. This is a brilliant album, anyone tryin to define it as hip hop woteva woteva must be mad, ITS JUST MUSIC!!
Old 03-02-2006, 03:12 PM   #6
SlightlySlightedFan

SlightlySlightedFan grasshopper
Default Black on Both Sides

I don't have The New Danger.
But Mos Def is awesome. A great Emcee.
SlightlySlightedFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #7
P-Noid Brown
same ol' same ol'

to me i do think this album is phenomenal
Old 03-02-2006, 07:49 PM   #8
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The New Danger, is pretty fucking fire yeah it has some rock influence but remember black people invented that shit little richard man c'mon do ya fucking homework but any ways he got allot of stand out joints though
my top five are:

modern marvel
closer edge
the rape over
boogie man
sex, love & money

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:41 PM   #9
Iron Fist
Shaolin Monk

Iron Fist grasshopper

Sorry to disagree with all you guys, only track I liked on that album was Sunshine and The Rape Over... so I give it a 2/10

- Immortal Technique -

R.I.P. ODB
R.I.P. Poetic
Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:58 PM   #10
357 NYC

357 NYC grasshopper

5 Outta 10...this Was Wack....boogieman Is My Shit Though...lol
357 NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:44 AM   #11
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i dont feel this at all,i got the new danger before i got black on both sides,im glad i got new danger first and threw it to the bottom of my collection and concentrated on black star/black on both sides, boogie man has to be the utter wackest song on the album, maybe im a bit older ill appreciate,might give it one last try before condeming it forever, 4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote