news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Archive > Classics

Old 06-25-2005, 05:37 PM   #31
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default Re: wu confessions...

this confession may get me killed..lol
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 06-25-2005, 06:07 PM   #32
O3EY
arsenal f.c.

O3EY drunken mastaO3EY drunken masta

I copped the "Wu Tang Forever" Cd from some kid back in 7th. Grade for 2 dollars (brand new) I was like "I'll pay you back kid" and I never paid that bitch. LOL! I use to tease him about that shit too. He got all mad like a mothafucker. And another confession is that My mom always tries to talk about Wu Tang Like she knows what's up. She know's the song "Triumph" and she calls it "Killer beez" I'm always like "it's called Triumph get it right!" shits funny though.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:10 PM   #33
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36
here's a confession for ya:

i dont think 36 chambers is the "album of GOD" that many make it out to be. i think the lyrics are the second worst of the clan albums and the beats are absolutely the worst of the clan albums. i can understand the impact it had on people but i think the album is quite forgettable. one of the most outdated sounding album i've ever heard. the beats sound like Rza made them by rubbing two sticks together. bring the ruckus, mystery of chessboxin and 7th chamber remix are nice tracks but the rest of the album is odiously boring.

and another thing,

what exactly did this album start other than wu-tang's career? this didnt start of the trend for group solo albums...tical, return to 36, cuban linx, and ironman did. other than a lot of people liking it, what was so groundbreaking about this joint. cypress hill and house of pain were already makin stuff like this.
I'm....i'm at a loss for words here. Wade I thought you were the most logical guy on here man. Production on 36 Chambers is bad? I honestly cannot believe this. That album is timeless, not outdated.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:18 PM   #34
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

yeah i knew i'd catch heat from dissing "THE WU-TANG ALBUM OF GOD" but its all good and im not hating, its just how i honestly feel.

its funny to see people's reactions though...lol
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 06-25-2005, 06:19 PM   #35
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

Quote:
Originally Posted by O3EY
I copped the "Wu Tang Forever" Cd from some kid back in 7th. Grade for 2 dollars (brand new) I was like "I'll pay you back kid" and I never paid that bitch. LOL! I use to tease him about that shit too. He got all mad like a mothafucker. And another confession is that My mom always tries to talk about Wu Tang Like she knows what's up. She know's the song "Triumph" and she calls it "Killer beez" I'm always like "it's called Triumph get it right!" shits funny though.
LOL
Old 06-25-2005, 06:22 PM   #36
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

Quote:
this confession may get me killed..lol
The first time I heard 36 chambers album I thought the same thing. So you are not alone on this one.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:22 PM   #37
O3EY
arsenal f.c.

Yeah she gets into wu sometimes, my mom will try to start naming all the Wu members. She can only name like 4 or 5 of them.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:23 PM   #38
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

Quote:
Yeah she gets into wu sometimes, my mom will try to start naming all the Wu members. She can only name like 4 or 5 of them.
Thats a good start. Much respect to your moms.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #39
THE W
ISRAELITE

Quote:
good to see you have a good relationship with your mom and she's shares in your music.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:27 PM   #40
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

Quote:
good to see you have a good relationship with your mom and she's shares in your music.
Yeah, the rest of my family don't listen to wu at all. My sister listens to that commercial junk. And brother listens to good hip hop.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:27 PM   #41
6thPlanet
Banned

6thPlanet grasshopper

Old 06-25-2005, 06:40 PM   #42
O3EY
arsenal f.c.

Peace and thanks.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:43 PM   #43
Claustrofobic
Knowing the Ledge

Claustrofobic crouching tiger

Ok here I go, Lord help me

I only started listening to Wu-Tang 2 years ago, before that I only enjoyed songs like Gravel Pit and Protect Ya Neck( The Jumpoff), I wasnt really into them. When my brother gave me the 36 Chambers CD, I thought it was aight, nothing special. My bro learned me how to like that shit tho', he taught me to really LISTEN to music, not just to hear it. There's a huge difference in listening and hearing. Thats when I finally learned to appreciate TRUE Hiphop, im blessed. I had the CD in my discman every day all day for 4 months straight, no bullshit. My bro really got me into their shit, I now own the whole wu-collection, group and solo, apart from like 4 or 5 cd's. I listen to their lyrics and learn from their shit, it deffinetely changed my life, by that I mean I have learned to appreciate so much more hiphop artists, I got more into reading, into history of africa and asia, chinese movie flicks, my whole lifestyle and the way I look at certain people, and im thankfull for that. I will expand my knowledge with help from the Wu in the future.
Peace, Wu-Tang Forever
Old 06-25-2005, 06:45 PM   #44
Lesbian Nun
Mandatory Death

Lesbian Nun grasshopper

Quote:
yeah i knew i'd catch heat from dissing "THE WU-TANG ALBUM OF GOD" but its all good and im not hating, its just how i honestly feel.

its funny to see people's reactions though...lol
the groundbreakin sound in this album to me is exactly what you don't seem to like about it...the raw ass wet voices, and then the raw as fuck drums and samples that all blend together for that "hardcore street style"...that album is alot more str8 up hardcore then Wu forever even...not as good but more hardcore sounding...i'd say Wutang forever is their album of god...not 36 chambers...
Old 06-25-2005, 06:45 PM   #45
Fry
Witty & Unpredictable

Fry grasshopper

I don't like that PYN 2000 song. The beat pisses me off.