news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Archive > Classics

Old 06-25-2005, 05:46 PM   #46
T4R1K
Veteran Member

T4R1K shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to T4R1K
Default Re: wu confessions...

nice story.....
Old 06-25-2005, 05:46 PM   #47
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

chea^ i kn0 what ya mean s0n... i used to listen to it a lil bit. but then after i heard the 50 diss to them i listened to them hella... and left that commercial shit on the shelf... big up to the wu-tang for givin us the light...

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Old 06-25-2005, 05:48 PM   #48
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesbian Nun
the groundbreakin sound in this album to me is exactly what you don't seem to like about it...the raw ass wet voices, and then the raw as fuck drums and samples that all blend together for that "hardcore street style"...that album is alot more str8 up hardcore then Wu forever even...not as good but more hardcore sounding...i'd say Wutang forever is their album of god...not 36 chambers...
yeah i get that. i personally think the W did a WAY better job of giving you that "hardcore street style"
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 06-25-2005, 05:51 PM   #49
Lesbian Nun
Mandatory Death

Lesbian Nun grasshopper

fuckin honestly?

no way. (imo)

Click Click and One blood are still two songs i'd prolly say are better then any song off 36...other then that 36 is so much better then the W
Old 06-25-2005, 05:53 PM   #50
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

lyrically 36 chambers is better the W but beatwise? HELL FUCKIN NO!

those 36 chambers beats were made with popsickle sticks and elmers glue.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 06-25-2005, 05:56 PM   #51
Antibody
Formerly Arsehole

Antibody grasshopper

out of nearly 600 songs on my computer, about 3/4 is Wu-related.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:58 PM   #52
THE W
ISRAELITE

only 75%? i'd say mines is like 99%
Old 06-25-2005, 05:59 PM   #53
THE W
ISRAELITE

i think shyheim is absolutely garbage. i have never been impressed in the least at anything he's spit.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:29 PM   #54
Lesbian Nun
Mandatory Death

Lesbian Nun grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36
lyrically 36 chambers is better the W but beatwise? HELL FUCKIN NO!

1. bring da ruckus
2.shame on a nigga
3.clan in tha front
4.7th chamber
5.So simple...
6.chessboxin
7.nottin to fuck wit
8.cream
9.method man
10.proteck ya neck
11.Tearz

THE W
1.shaolin jab
2.careful
3.hollow bones
4.Redbull
5.one blood
6.conditioner
7.jump off
8.Let my niggaz live
9.can't go to sleep
10.Thang Thang
11.the monument
12.gravel pit
13.jah world

the track list just doesn't match up with 36 as far as hardcore tracks is concerned...

man...lyrically a few of the Generals got better around the W...Masta Killa owns the W...Gza spits better too, Raek spits weaker etc...pretty much ridiculous to be comparing them like this, but in my humble Wu-tang expertise, i'd have to believe that the 36 chambers is better BEAT wise...lyric wise it's a fuckin toss up...i don't know how you would prefer those "cleaner, more new style sounding" beats then that oldschool shit...
Old 06-25-2005, 07:30 PM   #55
THE W
ISRAELITE

36 chambers member for member is better lyrically than the w.

rza hardly even rhymes on the W
gza is the same in both
ODB isnt on the W
deck spits better on 36
raekwon is better on the W
u-god isnt really 36 chambers but his one verse is better than anything on the W
ghostface is better on 36 chambers
method man is better on 36
masta killa's one verse on 36 sons everything on the W

beatwise its blowout. those beats on 36 were good 12 years ago but now they sound totally outdated. the W has the same sound as 36 chambers but its more polished and more sophisticated. it has some up to date sounding joints like gravel pit and clap but mostly recaptures that 36 chambers sound but it doesnt sound like it was made in the mid 80's.

its all opinion though man. i just dont think 36 chambers is that great of a CD.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:34 PM   #56
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

outdated?!?!!? no way... WU IS WU!!! hahaha i win!!

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Old 06-25-2005, 09:44 PM   #57
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36

You are out of your fucking body right now. CREAM. Protect Ya Neck. Chessboxing. These 3 alone make me rest me case man! Come on you are being a fuckhat right now.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:02 PM   #58
Empirical Truth
CHICKEN HEAD

Empirical Truth prodigal sonEmpirical Truth prodigal sonEmpirical Truth prodigal sonEmpirical Truth prodigal sonEmpirical Truth prodigal sonEmpirical Truth prodigal son

Dream-

Ghost and I were sitting under the night sky, puffin' some Cubans that I bought as a nice gesture, seeing as he came all the way out here to visit.

We were listening to some old soul records and discussing our favs etc, and Blue Magic came on with 'Spell'.

I said something along the lines of, hey Ghost thanks btw for introducing me to such a sick group, who I wouldn'ta known of without listening to that interview on Sweedish radio you did.

We just kicked it and talked about the state of Hip Hop, and discussed collabos then I woke up lol
Old 06-25-2005, 10:09 PM   #59
Empirical Truth
CHICKEN HEAD

Empirical Truth prodigal sonEmpirical Truth prodigal sonEmpirical Truth prodigal sonEmpirical Truth prodigal sonEmpirical Truth prodigal sonEmpirical Truth prodigal son

Oh yeah, and back in the 7th grade, I bought 36, and me and my dad had a sit-down man to man, or more like man to boy, about how if I promised to be a good kid and keep up my grades, he wouldn't ride me about listening to that "rap music". lol

But I've tried and succeeded in showing him the difference between mindless mainstream bang bang and rape garbage and knowledgeable real soulful music that roots from struggle

Now that I'm older and been thru so much, and us being from humble beginnings, he respects the premise, and everytime I do a track,he's onna the first who wants to hear it.

That's a heart warming Dr Phill type story right there lol
Old 06-25-2005, 10:10 PM   #60
fox7jr7
Veteran Member

fox7jr7 grasshopper

Ok I have a confession.

I live in Montana and theres not many concerts but RZA was coming one night!! I didnt get a ticket! I didnt really want to go. This was a few years ago and I wasnt into Wu that much. Turns out RZA canceled the show at the very end because of some shit I dunno. But damn RZA was comin and I wasnt gonna go!!

www.immortal-technique.com
www.freetupac.com