news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 03-11-2006, 12:12 PM   #76
dif de la rev
wheel re invent

dif de la rev shaolin monk

i think maboya is playing devil's advocate.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #77
Prince Shafala
7 CROWNS NIGGA

Prince Shafala grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcryt
I just came across this link to a site which quotes racist lyrics towards white people from hip hop artists.

http://home.att.net/~phosphor/introtogrammys.html

Now i dont think these artists are racist, and im not sure that the quotes about the devil are meaning white people. But i was just wondering what other peoples thoughts were on the whole issue of hip hop artists supposedly being racist towards white people.
when we say 'devil' it automatically means that we are refering to them, there are many devils in many shapes and forms not just the white man...i remember Self Kingdom Allah on Fox news a couple years back also talking about this issue
Prince Shafala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #78
Alcryt
the wucorp lurker

Alcryt shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooHook

But whites have this thing, once a hood nigga always a hood nigga. When I have no doubt in my mind if any of these rappers white neighbors went to their houses they'd see that it was run a lot like their own. Kids running around like crazy, toys on the floor, people watching TV and whatnot. But they think that all blacks do is get high and fuck and they're too afraid to get to know them because they don't wanna get raped or hooked on drugs when it's not even like that. There's a reason that rappers live in these neighborhoods, because they want the same kinda life that everyone else has. They wanna be able to come home after work and relax without having to worry about who's gonna steal their cars or shoot up their house. They want a quiet life just like the whites they live around. But these white just see the blacks in their neighborhood as an intrusion, so if that's the case then Fuck Whitey!

Not all whites of course
I think that white stupidity of stereotyping blacks to be "ghetto" no matter where they live is down to snobbishness, happens everywhere though not just with blacks, where i live and im sure most places the richer snobby people (not necessarily white) judge people on the way they dress. Though rich white people are the worst at being snobby lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Shafala
when we say 'devil' it automatically means that we are refering to them, there are many devils in many shapes and forms not just the white man...i remember Self Kingdom Allah on Fox news a couple years back also talking about this issue
Thats what i was i kind of thinking, some white dudes are probably like "when black rappers refer to the devil they must mean white people" and take it as a racist lyric.

P.s As for the devil being white i always though the devil was red with horns

Alcryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:08 PM   #79
Qwiffersniffer
Veteran Member

Qwiffersniffer grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcryt
Good points

I keep coming across people on different websites saying "wu tang are racists" but i find these people ignorant, they here something and they instantly jump to the conclusion that their racists. If the wu tang were racists it wouldnt make sense for them to sign someone like remedy who is both jewish and white, and then even to have that song "A muslim and a jew".
I think the people accusing artists of being racists are probably just feel threatend by the lyrics without thinking properly, like as wade said many of them are just venting their frustration about the past.
hAVE YOU HERD OF kILLARMY? oBVIOUSLY NOT. lISTEN TO THEIR FIRST ALBUM. "I CUT OFF THE HEADS OF THOSE WHO WORSHIP ADAM AND EVE" DRESS TO KILL
Qwiffersniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #80
$icka Than Aidz

$icka Than Aidz grasshopper

i think wu tang is rascist but i dont care cuz they're actually good at making hip hop. id be rascist to if my ancestors were treated like the whites treated the blacks. think about it, those cats that were so abused and degraded, and murdered are the cats that would have taken care of you if they were your ancestors. regardless if it was "great great great great grandpa jamal," that dude is fam to somebody and it would piss me off to know a buncha cracka's treated him and the rest of my fam like shit. the peeps that would let me sleep and eat in there house. give me a job and support me thru good and bad. I wouldnt give a shit if it was 400 years ago or 4, they're the folks that would show me the most luv cuz we have the same blood. thats fam. think about it.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:12 PM   #81
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by $icka Than Aidz
i think wu tang is rascist but i dont care cuz they're actually good at making hip hop. id be rascist to if my ancestors were treated like the whites treated the blacks. think about it, those cats that were so abused and degraded, and murdered are the cats that would have taken care of you if they were your ancestors. regardless if it was "great great great great grandpa jamal," that dude is fam to somebody and it would piss me off to know a buncha cracka's treated him and the rest of my fam like shit. the peeps that would let me sleep and eat in there house. give me a job and support me thru good and bad. I wouldnt give a shit if it was 400 years ago or 4, they're the folks that would show me the most luv cuz we have the same blood. thats fam. think about it.
thats deep

great great great great though ?

nah - try great grandparents - my grandparents were born in the 20's

the Rosewood incident happened in the 20's

moms and pops in the 50s - niggers still had to ride the back of the bus back then - niggers was still getting lynched

actually, that never stopped
Old 03-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #82
$icka Than Aidz

$icka Than Aidz grasshopper

Yeah, Thats Why I Said "400 Years Ago Or 4" Cuz It's Still Happening