news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 03-07-2006, 09:22 PM   #1
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper
Default Kirby Puckett

As huge a fan I am of baseball, and as huge of a fan I am of the Minnesota Twins, I was nearly in tears after seeing the news of his death. He was short; 5'8, but his leadership and heart were unfathomable. Besides Ken Griffey Jr., all young little leaguers, including myself at the time, looked up and idolized Kirby. We argued over who would have #34. He inspired me to play Centerfield, as I was awed by his leaping catches and signature kick before his swing. 1991, Game 6, who can forget? Rest peacefully to the Hall of Fame player and Hall of Fame man, Kirby Puckett.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #2
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

R.i.p Kirby Puckett

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:35 PM   #3
dif de la rev
wheel re invent

dif de la rev shaolin monk

sadly missed the game lost a diamond on the field of dreams in the park.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:20 AM   #4
dosmoney

dosmoney grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to dosmoney

agreed. although i wasnt a twins fan, i was a huge puckett fan, he was a great player, sure he made mistakes in life but who doesnt. what surprised me was how big he got before his death

<space reserved for a sig>
dosmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:17 AM   #5
ilzPotent
Teflon Imperial

ilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to ilzPotent

my fondest memory is he was at the plate and I was sitting behind homebase at Yankee Stadium,and I kept saying, "EATING THEM DONUT AY KIRBY". He turned and looked at me and smiled and then proceeded to blast the ball into the outfield for a double.

Even with his belly he sure could run.

CONservative goverMENt
ilzPotent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:12 AM   #6
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yea i was a lil down when i heard about it..even tho i never realy saw him play..i knew he was a good ballplayer espn........

r.i.p
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote