news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 03-08-2006, 04:37 PM   #1
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz
Default Vince Young

I know what we think about him down here in Austin. What's everyone else think? Where should he go in the draft?
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

I wouldn't spend a top 5 pick on him, there's too much other, more sure talent. I seriously doubt Vince Young will do any of that shit he did vs. USC when he plays the Steelers D or whoever. And those line drives he throws will be picked constantly by the athletic Linebackers in the NFL.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #3
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

I think he will go to the Titans

Sig by Born Invincible
Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006

Last edited by num2son; 03-09-2006 at 09:29 AM.
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'll go head and say it here. You can't teach a person how to be clutch. If you watched UT play, you would realize that VY has done what he did to USC multiple times against some of the top teams in the country(Michigan in the rose bowl, this year at Ohio St and then USC) He will not fold under pressure. He'll learn how to throw in an NFL system(it'll take a year or two) and when he does he's going to be amazing. I think Houston would be smart to take him with the first pick. Remember that you heard it here first.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:13 PM   #5
Treazon
A Threat to the State

Treazon crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Treazon Send a message via MSN to Treazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam
I wouldn't spend a top 5 pick on him, there's too much other, more sure talent. I seriously doubt Vince Young will do any of that shit he did vs. USC when he plays the Steelers D or whoever. And those line drives he throws will be picked constantly by the athletic Linebackers in the NFL.
you know you sound EXACTLY like every analyzer who's ever talked about Vince, past or present, and they continue to be proved wrong.

Vince has the potential to 180 a team (Titans) and give htem a few wins alone, whether he will do that, is up to him.

But top 5 pick? Probable, but never sure... teams [should] draft by need, and the top 5 picking teams dont need to fill the QB position then maybe he wont, but i still think he will be one of the top 3 QBs picked, and probably the most successful of the 3 (Leinhart, Cutler), depending on the situations he's put in. I'm confident for him...

Treazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:14 AM   #6
InvincibleArmor79
Veteran Member

InvincibleArmor79 grasshopper

it doesnt sound like he's doin himself any good at the combines, with his bad test scores and his refusal to participate in the qb drills... I hope he blows up though I loved the nat champship
Old 03-09-2006, 12:25 PM   #7
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

he'll have some trouble in his first year or two but i think he'll be fine with a few years under his belt.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:20 PM   #8
Hayabusa
Veteran Member

Hayabusa grasshopper
Send a message via ICQ to Hayabusa

I'd rather have D'Brickshaw, AJ Hawk, Mario Williams, Leinart, and Reggie bush over him but he is def a top 10 pick. He'd be a nice fit for the Cardinals at #10 but I doubt he falls that far.

Hayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:45 AM   #9
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to BRONZBODY Send a message via MSN to BRONZBODY

those tests dont mean shit,peyton manning diddnt do too well on his and now look at him,vince will go to tennesee,sit and learn from mcnair,steve will retire and vince will be the fucking bomb.....
Old 03-14-2006, 04:00 PM   #10
Liquidswordsman
Shogun Assassin

Liquidswordsman grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Liquidswordsman

Vince throws like my little sister....his arm wont hold up for long....bad pick...great college player...bad professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooly Noggins
usa was built on terrorism

Liquidswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:41 PM   #11
Visionz
The People's Champ

?his arm wont hold up for long? ........that's just fuckin silly, Vince gots underestimated arm-strength. he can effortlessly toss a dart for 20-30 yards on the move. It's not like NFL teams are calling homerun plays on every down. Arm strength isn't going to be a hindrince to him qb'in a team. His biggest challenge, same as all other rookie qbs, is learning to adjust to pro-style defenses. Once he does, and he will, it's goin to look like college ball all over again. Vince is going to end up embarrassing a lot of teams he plays against.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:13 PM   #12
Analyze
Veteran Member

Analyze grasshopper

Does he have instincts, yes! Does he have talent, of course! We he make a good pro QB, no! He can run laps around collegiate athletes, but in the NFL everybody is a fuckin star and can run a 4.5. I also, think he doesnt have the smarts to read multiple schemes, just like Vick. I'll say he'll be another Aaron Brooks, a solid QB!

Wu Forever
Analyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:52 PM   #13
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

The only reason Vick was so successful at first because ppl had never seen a QB with his skills. Now its old news, Defenses know how to play him; he sucked last year, and will get worse each year.

Defenses will handle Vince Young easily
Old 03-15-2006, 05:50 PM   #14
Visionz
The People's Champ

^Vick wasn't nearly the passer coming out of college that Vince is right now. You're only comparing the two because they can both run. Could you imagine what Vick would do if he was a consistent passer? You'll get to find out once Young takes on his starting role.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:05 AM   #15
Visionz
The People's Champ

People out there still feel the same way about Vince? I'm wonderin if some of yall changed your minds. I hope the Texans have.