news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: rate it
5: Masterpiece 4 66.67%
4: Banger 2 33.33%
3: Good 0 0%
2: Weak 0 0%
1: Wack 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #31
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embryonic Crusadah View Post
Very good album. Outkast are one of the only southern rap groups, or artists that DIDNT suck. Although they suck big donkey dicks now!
You must've not heard Royal Flush

Last edited by RynMur; 12-27-2008 at 04:00 PM.
RynMur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #32
Tony Bandana
YOUR KING OF WUTANGCORP.

Tony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killa

this record is a 10/10 hands down .

excellent is an understatment here

Tony Bandana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #33
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

That anyone would call this album over-rated is wild to me, one of my favorite albums of all time regardless of genre's. I think all 3 of Outkast first albums are classic so take it however but anyone who's so-so on it should listen to it again just to make sure. The only thing I skip on the album is the call-from-a-prison skit (idk if it even has a name) but other then that I just let it play. Amazing beats, amazing lyrics and I love the concepts of the songs. The creativity that they display in their subject matter is rare in any form. I can't say enough good things about this album.

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #34
Tony Bandana
YOUR KING OF WUTANGCORP.

Tony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visions Unseen View Post
That anyone would call this album over-rated is wild to me, one of my favorite albums of all time regardless of genre's. I think all 3 of Outkast first albums are classic so take it however but anyone who's so-so on it should listen to it again just to make sure. The only thing I skip on the album is the call-from-a-prison skit (idk if it even has a name) but other then that I just let it play. Amazing beats, amazing lyrics and I love the concepts of the songs. The creativity that they display in their subject matter is rare in any form. I can't say enough good things about this album.
well said guy. All 3 albums are classics they go from Aquemini , Atleins , SPCM for me in that order.

Stankonia had some ill moments too Xplosion with B Real and Gangster Shit come to mind

Aquemini is flawless

Old 01-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #35
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynMur View Post
You must've not heard Royal Flush
...or Da Art of Storytellin' Pt. 4

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #36
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I bought Southernplayalistic when it came out, loved it, bought Atliens the day it came out, didn't like it so much at first, bought Aquemini midnight it came out, blazed up and haven't stopped listening to it ever since. It's classic, chillin' fuckin' smokin' music. Anybody that doesn't like this album, literally has no soul.

or funk.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #37
Tony Bandana
YOUR KING OF WUTANGCORP.

Now now now nine in my hand, ounce in my crotch
Tony B on the scene with a gangsta slouch, mmmmhmmmm!
like that now, like this, and it don't quit, and it don't stop

ONGH ONGH ONGH

what

Old 01-19-2009, 01:33 AM   #38
St8Amind
Chess Champ

St8Amind sitting duck
Send a message via Yahoo to St8Amind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseen View Post
I thought ATLiens and Southernplayalistic are both better, still a good album though
Well said and truly agreed on in all aspects...3 albums that are all great...So proud of Outkast. Not many artists have put 3 classic records out much less groups...Respect Due...
Old 03-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #39
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

I actually just recently checked this album out. Man I've been sleeping on this guys, this album is great! It all comes together as a brilliant and cohesive artistic and sonic work of art. Just beautiful. From the instrumentation to the rhymes to the themes, it's ace! Damn good stuff. I've definitely gotta check their other stuff.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #40
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Almost the perfect album. 9/10

Last edited by Longbongcilvaringz; 03-31-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #41
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
Almost the perfect album. 9/10
What's wrong with it in your eyes?
Old 03-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #42
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

LIBERATION IS MY FAVORITE track
Old 03-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #43
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynMur View Post
Classic. Spottieottiedopaliscious is my shit.
Mine too.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #44
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
What's wrong with it in your eyes?
Lol he gave it a 9/10, but because he didn't give a 10/10 there is something wrong with it

This and the first 2 Outkast albums are classics. Even the annoying choruses don't bother me at all.

Last edited by TheFunkyDrummer; 03-31-2013 at 03:29 PM.
TheFunkyDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:35 AM   #45
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
Lol he gave it a 9/10, but because he didn't give a 10/10 there is something wrong with it

This and the first 2 Outkast albums are classics. Even the annoying choruses don't bother me at all.
Lol, well it's gotta be missing SOMETHING if it doesn't get the perfect rating, at least from his eyes right?