news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 04-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
dezmond

dezmond crouching tigerdezmond crouching tiger
Default Bill Cosby

Just seen this...

Cosby Show Star Makes Hip-Hop CD

Updated:12:01, Tuesday April 15, 2008

Veteran showbiz star Bill Cosby is branching out into a new genre with his first hip-hop album.

Bill Cosby
The 70-year-old, best-known for his role in sitcom The Cosby Show, will release Cosby Narratives Vol 1: State Of Emergency next month.
The album will blend his stories with a hip-hop, pop and jazz soundtrack.
But fans of the star, who is also a comedian and producer, might be disappointed to hear that he does not rap himself.
Instead, he has invited guest rappers to provide the rhymes to challenge the stereotypes of hip-hop music.
"I do not rap on any of these things," he said.
"I wouldn't know how to fix my mouth to say some of the words."

He added that his album is "the opposite of what I think is the profanity for no particular reason, the misogyny for no particular reason".
The tracklist was put together by Cosby's music partner Bill "Spaceman" Patterson.
"He has always understood rap's potential, but he was appalled by the foul language and the misogyny, the way people used a medium that could be used to elevate people, to open their eyes and provoke thought," said Patterson.
Cosby made the album as a companion to his best-selling book Come On, People: On The Path From Victims To Victors.
And even though he does not expect the CD to be a huge success, he revealed it may not be his last hip-hop venture.

Is it true?

?

Last edited by dezmond; 04-16-2008 at 01:06 PM.
dezmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Mr. X
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Mr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal son

no freakin way
Old 04-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
SickT
Pretty Toney

SickT iron monkeySickT iron monkeySickT iron monkeySickT iron monkey

Oh My Fucking God.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Charles Jones.....get your money orders ready!!!

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #5
dezmond

dezmond crouching tigerdezmond crouching tiger

HaHa

Anyone know whos gonna be on it?
Old 04-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
SickSide
Veteran Member

SickSide iron monkeySickSide iron monkeySickSide iron monkeySickSide iron monkey

His first music video..

SickSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #7
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

LOL@Prolifical Eng hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah you know i gotta support Bill because he speaking the truth about ignorant poor blacks and they're mad at him because they don't like to hear the truth about themselves. But it's alright for them to make fun of and laugh at educated blacks who are doing better than them because they think when blacks are educated that you're trying to be white which is a ignorant mentality. With a mentality like that, poor blacks will never get outta the ghetto and they will continue to go to prison and die at a young age.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
crust
[S.F.T.D.]

crust drunken mastacrust drunken mastacrust drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to crust

www.myspace.com/crustfacekillah
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #9
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Crust that's a nasty picture hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Don't ever post a picture like that again. That's too much ass LOL. I can't believe a woman would let her ass get that big LOL.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:36 PM   #10
SickSide
Veteran Member

SickSide iron monkeySickSide iron monkeySickSide iron monkeySickSide iron monkey

Who remember this haha

SickSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:48 PM   #11
JerseyIronman

JerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal son

Its not like hes actually RAPPING on it

which would be completely nuts I admit. Its some of his routines and concepts layed over instrumentals and hip hop beats or something.

he does have some guest rappers who rap on it but i didnt see who

JerseyIronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:48 PM   #12
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

I saw Ghost Dad. Kimberly Russell who's in the movie picture on the left was cute back in the day. She played on Head Of The Class tv show with Robin Givens and she had a small part in Sugar Hill movie with Wesley Snipes and Theresa Randle. I also saw her on a episode of Steve Harvey Show. I also saw Bill's movies A Piece Of The Action and Let's Do It Again with Sidney Poitier. LOL@Jimmie Walker who played JJ Evans on Good Times tv show was in Let's Do It Again as a pro boxer hahahahahahahaha. Can you picture him beating anybody in a fight as skinny as he was? Hahahahahahahahahaha. He's gotten fat now.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:06 PM   #13
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
Irondan 2: Curly's Gold

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

In all seriousness, I support everything Bill Cosby does. He's an old man, and although he doesn't always phrase everything appropriately, what he says has a lot of truth to it, and he's trying to challenge his people in order to help them better themselves, and that makes him unpopular with some.

Mainly, I'm biased because I grew up watching the Cosby Show, and I still watch that shit on rerun, and its still hilarious, without being profane. The whole family can watch it.

Uptown Saturday Night? Classic. The Stand-up isn't bad either. And I believe my colleague CharlesJones already mentioned Let's Do it Again.

I don't plan on buying his hip-hop album, as it isn't really my thing, but I respect his right to make it, and I hope somebody gets something out of it.

Bill Cosby is the man, and anybody who disagrees is a faggot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #14
SKAMPOE
big wooly mammoth

SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Send a message via Skype™ to SKAMPOE

Old 04-17-2008, 09:45 PM   #15
Blackula Spectacula
The ABBOTT

Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Blackula Spectacula

Quote:
Originally Posted by crust View Post
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!