news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Raekwon - Immobalarity
Classic 4 7.27%
Superior 11 20.00%
Banger 20 36.36%
Above Average 10 18.18%
Average 9 16.36%
Wack 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #76
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Professor Poopsnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:23 PM   #77
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

wut? never noticed that

cool
DR. NICK RIVIERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:17 AM   #78
Come Honor Face
Veteran Member

Come Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkey

Wackest non U-God Wu solo ever!
Lyrics - 9/10 Beats - 3/10 Overall - 5.5/10
Come Honor Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #79
Knowledge God
Veteran Member

Knowledge God crouching tigerKnowledge God crouching tiger

i think rae on this is better than rae on only built.. but oviously obfcl is the better album

Knowledge God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:08 AM   #80
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

lyrically it is superior to cuban linx as far as raekwon is concerned. its a solid effort.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:07 PM   #81
Surreptitious
Above the Clouds

Surreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal son

the beats were fuckin trash, nothin wu about it
Old 12-14-2007, 02:39 AM   #82
Ghostfacekillam

Ghostfacekillam grasshopper

heard this shit and bout went out my mind that this shit could get as bad of a rap as it does.

4.5/5
Old 06-02-2008, 11:50 AM   #83
Bodega Pop Tartz
Don't grab my jacket dunn

Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Bodega Pop Tartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
Shit Is damn near classic.... I'm bored I'll review

Intro

Yae Yo
This shows where Raekwon is now on the lyrical tip, but I'm just not feeling this beat at all, this could've been switched up or taken off the album, not a good way to start up after a classic album. 3/5

Casablanca
Now Raekwon should've started the album off with this joint right here, pure fire, he's telling a story that was kinda hard to catch because his lyrics has evolved on this album. The beat is mad fire and the hook is the icing on the cake "Wise niggaz wake up, dead niggaz lose, who you gonna choose, me or him you's a fool, pay attention, fuck around me detention, see you in the next dimension you niggaz didn't listen". 5/5

100 Rounds

"Wu-Tang emblem, success make a nigga tremble, 9 of us stand 9 resemble" "You's a student fucking with a principle". Just some of my favorite lines on this joint right here, the beat is a real bass knocker. Lyrics are so on point it doesn't make sense, the hook on this joint is classic too. Raekwon is showing he can go 100 rounds by himself. 5/5

Real Life
This is another one of Raekwon's tales, seems like Masta Killa had a little problem. Great story telling which includes the clan so you gotta wonder what happens next, beat accompanies the story real well. Everything is on point. 5/5

Power
This track is a banger, nothing too special though, Raekwon starts it off great and then Twiz, although Superb does rip this joint after his verse it's gets boring. 3.5/5

Skit

All I Got Is You Pt.II

This is a wack song right here. The beat is annoying and wack, I can't sit through this joint, and the singing isn't all that good either, I'm just not feeling this at all. I understand who the track is for but I'm just not feeling it. 2/5

Jury
This is a banger right here, don't sleep on this track, raekwon comes hard throughout the whole track, the beat is cool too. the singing is even bad everything flows well on this joint. You can just tell how much progress lyrically he's made. 4/5

Fuck Them
This has to be the most simple beat I've ever heard but this shit is still hot, something about it makes me keep it on, maybe Raekwon's dope verses, although Method Man played around on this joint right here, it still came out good. 4/5

Skit 2

Live From New York

"Came through bumping nothing but Wu, the crowd Blitzed him" Classic, enough said. 5/5

My Favorite Dred
A little story, you know how it goes down in the drug game, beat is cool,nothing really too special about the track, but it's not bad either.
3.5/5

Friday
I like this joint right here, a fast paced track you can tell something is about to go down so you just waiting to see what's going to happen and Raekwon just takes you through on this one. 4/5

The Table
This joint right here is crazy, Raekwon just goes in but Masta Killa sounds like a true poet on this joint, just mad crazy and the beat accompanies them so well, it's just some classic shit. 5/5

Sneakers
Raekwon hitting ya'll with his different styles on this track right here, you all should know what the track is about. Pete Rocks beat is crazy aswell, a nice combination. 5/5

Raw
I might get hate for this one but I'm kind of feeling this shit right here, something about it is just dope. Everyone is flowing on here well, it just has a good vibe to it. 4/5

Pop Shit
I'm not feeling this joint at all on here, I think this is the 2nd weakest track on the album, I don't know what Raekwon was thinking on this one but it was a bad move. 1/5

Heart to Heart

I'm not feeling this joint AT ALL this is the weakest track on this album, I don't know why Raekwon would choose to end a dope album so bad, this really fucked up the vibe of the album. 1/5

Forecast
It's mostly shoutouts so I won't rate.

Outro

Lyrics - 5/5
Beats - 4/5
Overall - 4/5

Raekwon is lyrically in his prime on this album, some tracks were just really bad choices on here. He has some great shit on here though don't get me wrong though, Raekwon is chewing and spitting niggaz out on here, No Ghostface was kind of a letdown though. ****Overall 4/5****

Reviewed.

Last edited by Bodega Pop Tartz; 03-12-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Bodega Pop Tartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #84
KLIION JENSEN
PRODIGAL SUN

KLIION JENSEN drunken mastaKLIION JENSEN drunken mastaKLIION JENSEN drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by iove View Post

lmmfao, its wonderful what smoking shitloads of weed can make you think is there, cos they sat for hours tryna get the pose right so that his shirt would..kinda-ish resemble the Wu logo, upsidedown, lol....
KLIION JENSEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #85
Dissonance
CHICKEN HEAD

Dissonance drunken mastaDissonance drunken mastaDissonance drunken masta

It always amazes me when people claim how good this album is. This was the first album where Wu started following trends instead of innovating them and the result was one of the biggest disappointments they've had. People don't hate on it bc it's not OBFCL, they hate on it bc it's sub par. Some of the negative points are lost if you weren't there when it came out. The most glaring failure of the album was Pop Shit. At the time Swizz Beats was blowing up and this beat is just a horribly obvious bite of his style. That's not what Wu was about but was the beginning of them getting lost and trying to ride off of what was hot at the time instead of staying true to what got them famous. There are some great tracks on the album:

The Table
Real Life
Jury
Live From NY
MY Favorite Dread
Sneakers

The rest are sub par to average at best. Casablanca is ok but the fact that the beat to it and 100 rounds are almost identical and they are back to back is ridiculous. Fuck Them is just a horrible beat with an even worse hook. Power would be ok if not for horrible verses from ACT especially the line about "getting head from rock stars" WTF???

It's not a horrible album bc the good tracks are great but there's too much garbage and uncreative crap. When it came out it was a shock to everyone how bad a Wu album could be.
Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:45 AM   #86
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ I remember how much hate this album got when it arrived but I always loved this shit from day one. it does not sound like a Wu-Tang album but that does not mean it's wack, it's better than the previous solo albums Golden Arms Redemption, Nigga Please and Uncontrolled Substance. you gotta acknowledge that Raekwon fucking peaked on this album, at the time I thought NO other member of the Wu could fuck with him when it comes down to lyrics. Flow, metaphors, improved slang and story-telling is all perfected on this joint.. It's a shame some real wack beats got in the mix though, but delete about 4 beats and you have a crazy nice LP... nevermind, with or without it IS a crazy nice LP.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #87
BGS
aka Dun Jones

BGS iron monkeyBGS iron monkeyBGS iron monkeyBGS iron monkey

yeah his flow and lyrcis are crazy on this lp, and there are some ill tracks (the table!!) but there are some really wack beats and some featurings are wack too
BGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:38 PM   #88
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Maccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkey

I voted superior...
I listened this album just for a 3 times, when I get it, and 2 more, one tonight....

Well it is right album to hear it from time to time, but in longer time period of couple of months.........

It is far too from OB4CL, but still, it is OK album............

Let's say 5/10

Peace...................................
-suuuuuuuuuuuu///
Maccabee Ridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:04 AM   #89
J.T.S.
God Of WAr

J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This album should be remixed.

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
Hell razah
J.T.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:27 AM   #90
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
^^ I remember how much hate this album got when it arrived but I always loved this shit from day one. it does not sound like a Wu-Tang album but that does not mean it's wack, it's better than the previous solo albums Golden Arms Redemption, Nigga Please and Uncontrolled Substance. you gotta acknowledge that Raekwon fucking peaked on this album, at the time I thought NO other member of the Wu could fuck with him when it comes down to lyrics. Flow, metaphors, improved slang and story-telling is all perfected on this joint.. It's a shame some real wack beats got in the mix though, but delete about 4 beats and you have a crazy nice LP... nevermind, with or without it IS a crazy nice LP.
all those albums were dope man c'mon immobliarity is a fly album for any mood with songs as "Casablanca" and "Yae Yo" to "100 Rounds" to "Sneakers", etc. c'mon this album plus the two that came out around that time were some fire shit

NON IGNORANT...

Last edited by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS; 06-14-2008 at 02:22 AM.
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote