news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 03-16-2006, 03:22 AM   #1
Orhan Gencebay

Orhan Gencebay shaolin monk
Post Brokeback Moutain

i just saw it 2 nights ago and i must say that Ang Lee is a very versatile director. Doing films like: Tiger & Dragon, Hulk and now a gay love story! Crazy. Good movie. very good actors. movie was romantic, not boring.

i must admit that i was suprised someone would make a hollywood gay love movie. but this one worked. the whole story wouldnīt have functioned with a man and a woman(in this particular scenario although with a bit of a different setting you have kind of forbiddenlove-story). i watched it with my girlfriend and i must say that i found it quite enjoyable.

but why is the first "love"-scene like a jail-rape? grotesque.....

What do you think of this movie?

i c the hating coming because this literally is gay....
Old 03-16-2006, 05:56 AM   #2
Bloo
Da Main Gatdamit!!!

Bloo drunken mastaBloo drunken mastaBloo drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Bloo

It's actually a good movie. I wasn't too much into the whole cowboy thing but it worked for the environment that it was set in.

I hear a whole bunch of folks talk about this movie but they should look past that and just see the love story in it. I actually got shocked looks from folks when I told them I've seen the movie. even one of my co workers (who claims he's not gay even though we all know he is) was like "You went to go see the movie, willingly?" I'm like yeah, why not? It got good raitings.

Maybe it's just me but I don't give a fuck, I'll go watch a movie of white folks killing blacks if the raitings are good enough, I love that controversial shit. But yeah, if you have 3 hours to blow ya'll should go peep that flick.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:45 PM   #3
Iron Fist
Shaolin Monk

Iron Fist grasshopper

Seems it's a good movie but I'm not interested in seing a gay movie. Brrrrrrrrrrr... two guys kissing each other. It makes me shiver just thinking about this. Should I still watch this?

- Immortal Technique -

R.I.P. ODB
R.I.P. Poetic
Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:59 PM   #4
CYENCE
Veteran Member

CYENCE shaolin monk

ROFL
What non-fag type of dude would go to see this?

CYENCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #5
Orhan Gencebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
Seems it's a good movie but I'm not interested in seing a gay movie. Brrrrrrrrrrr... two guys kissing each other. It makes me shiver just thinking about this. Should I still watch this?
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......omg. iīm not gay. i watched it with my girlfriend. but you are afraid of gay men? hahahaha......maybe you are curious....muhahahaha......most homophobics are gay.

but if you are not into a emotional romantic movie donīt watch it. itīs really good.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:07 PM   #6
Orhan Gencebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYENCE
ROFL
What non-fag type of dude would go to see this?
me and BlooHook. and neither Jake Gyllenhaal nor Heath Ledger are gay btw.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:04 PM   #7
Its Big Lu baby
Wu Gambino

Its Big Lu baby shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orhan Gencebay
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......omg. iīm not gay. i watched it with my girlfriend. but you are afraid of gay men? hahahaha......maybe you are curious....muhahahaha......most homophobics are gay.

but if you are not into a emotional romantic movie donīt watch it. itīs really good.

you watched it wit ur chick... someones pussy whipped... if i had a woman and she told me lets go see brokeback mountain i would slap a bitch.
Its Big Lu baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #8
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

dont kno i would like to watch a film about gays, espeicially gay cowboys. i dont doubt its a good movie but i wouldnt be interested in watching it theres sumthin about it that dont seem right, maybe because its the first big gay film. something we aint used to.

(orhan gencebay quality name man)
Old 03-17-2006, 08:06 PM   #9
urban_angel
angel of da corp

urban_angel shaolin monk

Truesay Orhan, the first sex scene in this movie is pretty much like jail rape!! Talk about being fast paced, it was like twenty or so minutes into the movie, and there it was! I have to say the acting in this film was of the highest standard man, both Heath and Jake did outstanding jobs, but as for the film..........I would have to say I've seen better. When I say that I mean, I wasn't really sure if it was deserved of all the oscar frenzy it attracted. Yes is was the first hollywood movie abouta gay couple, but in terms of storyline, as the film went, I've seen better. That doesn't take away from the fact that I loved the acting in it, and it was a beautiful love story.......but the film as a whole, I didn't think was amazing.

peace
urban_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:16 PM   #10
iniquity
Veteran Member

iniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venoms

I watched it & IMO it's a little overrated. If you're looking for a good romantic movie Pride and Prejudice is the way to go ...

Last edited by iniquity; 03-17-2006 at 08:20 PM.
iniquity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 02:08 AM   #11
Orhan Gencebay

ok, urban angel and iniquity, i agree. i just wanted to point out that it is good because some obviously donīt want to see because of this gay thing.

i havenīt seen pride and prejudice yet but i heard a lot of people saying it was very good.

peace.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:12 AM   #12
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglrip7499
you watched it wit ur chick... someones pussy whipped... if i had a woman and she told me lets go see brokeback mountain i would slap a bitch.
and thats why you have no woman

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:52 AM   #13
Orhan Gencebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN88
dont kno i would like to watch a film about gays, espeicially gay cowboys. i dont doubt its a good movie but i wouldnt be interested in watching it theres sumthin about it that dont seem right, maybe because its the first big gay film. something we aint used to.

(orhan gencebay quality name man)
thanks. you turkish?
Old 03-18-2006, 06:09 AM   #14
JasonD
gaza go fi dem any weh

JasonD shaolin monk

Quote:
me and BlooHook. and neither Jake Gyllenhaal nor Heath Ledger are gay btw.
What the fuck is with people saying that shit? Sorry, straight men don't make out btw. For a role or not, they don't, 'K?
Old 03-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #15
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
thanks. you turkish?
yeah man