news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 11-21-2009, 08:33 AM   #7396
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Replays haven't significantly hampered NFL.

It's still exciting to watch.

Replays for goals in football would hardly change the game, especially if each coach was only allowed 2 or 3 per game.

Some people are just resistant to change for no reason.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #7397
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
It depends what your definition of "works" is.

Personally, I happen to LOVE football exactly as it is right NOW, including all the mistakes.

Football is the worlds most popular sport for a reason.

American Football is boring, games can last 5 hours, and its boring.

Your saying it would work but you dont even know how to implement it!! How can you only give team a certain number of replays??? If they use up all theri replays, and the get a bad decision - they will demand technology be used !!!

And team will use it to their advantage to stop play. It opens up so many avaneues of wrongness.

And you would have to have it in EVERY SINGEL league all over Europe, all over the world, every tournament, otherwise the game of football would be totoally different from country to country!!

This isnt the Football I know and love. Mistakes happen. Football is a very human game. Unlike American Football with is robotic and techonolgy driven. I like my Football to be old fashioned in todays plastic age.

Its real.
What are you talking about lol?

Video replays for goal decisions would hardly even effect the game.

They would not have to implement them in every league, not sure why you think that. They haven't done that in any other sports with video replays.

In most other sports it's only used in the top tier, so it might be introduced for world cup games etc. and only at grounds where there is adequate technology to do so.

Mistakes would still happen, there would just be an avenue for coaches to challenge a goal ruling when it appeared obviously incorrect.

I don't understand what you're saying about teams using up their replays... if they do, that's their fault. Most other sports with limited video replays haven't had any issues.

The football you watch now changed noticeably from even 10 years ago, i don't know why you care if they introduce a slight rule change which would barely change the game.

Rugby League is a perfect example of where it works, and there are as many or less stoppages in league as in football.

Last edited by Longbongcilvaringz; 11-21-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:17 AM   #7398
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Firt of all its my view anyone in favor of VR is a complete fucking retard who doesnt understand the sport and why its so great.

"Barely change the game" lol, it would radically alter the game and would increase a disparity from levels and leagues who dont implement a video replay. Because essentially you are now playing a totally different sport from people who are using replays.

A games playing time is already only 50-60 minutes, any more stoppages would be bad for the game.

You dont evn know yourself how to implement it. Your trying to say "2 or 3" challenges a game, like that would actually work. If they use them up, and get a terrible call, are you really trying to tell me, with the video replays already in use, that they wouldnt start an outcry for them to be used for more things?

Where do you stop it? Coaches will challenge for anything. If a team scores a goal, but there was a handball 30 seconds before, that wasnt given, theyll challenge the goal to look at the replay.

It would take all the excitement from the goal away. Which is the problem in rugby league, many people have told me how the VR have ruined it for them, because they have to wait for a few minutes before they can celebrate if its a try or not, when the TV screen tells them.

Football should be congratulated for sticking to its original form in the face of technological sterilisation.

Football is the worlds most popular and passionately supported sport for a reason, becaus of all the controversial talking points that have made up its history. theres no point in changing a winning formula for a few bad desicions that peopl get there knickers in a twist about because they lost.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #7399
Longbongcilvaringz

You're a maniac lol.

Talk about taking something way out of perspective.

edit: forget about the rest.

Last edited by Longbongcilvaringz; 11-21-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #7400
Longbongcilvaringz

This has reminded me why i never post in this section, even though i watch a shitload of sport.

Not sure what got into me, i'll regulate myself.

I wouldn't bother responding lacey, i won't be here.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #7401
RALPH WIGGUM
PRODIGAL SUN

RALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Bateman View Post
Replays haven't significantly hampered NFL.

It's still exciting to watch.

Replays for goals in football would hardly change the game, especially if each coach was only allowed 2 or 3 per game.

Some people are just resistant to change for no reason.
Exactly

RALPH WIGGUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #7402
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"for no reason" lol, i just listed about 10 reasons why VR are bad for the sport, I could go on with another 20.

Referees get 90% of shit right, and they do a good job. The Ref in the France-Ireland game had a really good game. Neither he nor his linesman could SEE the handball.

Its ridiculous to want to overhaul the whole essence of the game because of 1 or 2 big wrong decicions a season. If you dont like players cheating, give them a ban (i dont agree with that). Or have more refereees. Referees behind the goal wouldve spotted the handball.

and Dirt Mcgirt, until you can give me ONE SINGLE way to implement video technology into a game that I cant argue with., then you are going to carry on sounding like a moron

That is all.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #7403
RALPH WIGGUM
PRODIGAL SUN

RALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killa

Quote:
"for no reason" lol, i just listed about 10 reasons why VR are bad for the sport, I could go on with another 20.

Referees get 90% of shit right, and they do a good job. The Ref in the France-Ireland game had a really good game. Neither he nor his linesman could SEE the handball.
Well thats just the problem!
Anyway how much important games will this ref be in now? Not many, maybe he wishes he had the replay right now.

Quote:
Its ridiculous to want to overhaul the whole essence of the game because of 1 or 2 big wrong decicions a season. If you dont like players cheating, give them a ban (i dont agree with that). Or have more refereees. Referees behind the goal wouldve spotted the handball.
Im for whatever can stop this kind of bullshit, I aint against ref behind the goal, its just more simple to use replays.

Quote:
and Dirt Mcgirt, until you can give me ONE SINGLE way to implement video technology into a game that I cant argue with., then you are going to carry on sounding like a moron

That is all.
You think football is a good game cause players can cheat and that entertain you.
Im done arguing with you.

RALPH WIGGUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #7404
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Before they try to implement video reviews and other high tech ways of wasting time in the game they should clean up the game of match fixing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...hampions-raids

biggest match fixing scandal ever, and it comes to no surprise to see Turkey at the top of the list. i swear our game is not gonna improve until you get rid of our club chairmans/mafia dons.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #7405
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

milan 4-3 winners.

ronniedeans was killing it today. just sublime skill from the guy, really a joy to watch.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:14 AM   #7406
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

did Pato play?
Old 11-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #7407
lynskey

lynskey crouching tiger

Holy shit tottenham!!
lynskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #7408
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
did Pato play?

yea scored a sick wondergoal. ronnie on the assist. def one touch.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #7409
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Wow. Well I hope Dick head Dunga was watching.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #7410
whitey
Wu Vatican

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynskey View Post
Holy shit tottenham!!
talk about a critical beatdown.