news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 05-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #7996
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Inter wiped the floor with Chelsea last year

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #7997
Socrates92
PRODIGAL SUN

Socrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken masta

Charlton aren't in the final?
Socrates92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #7998
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimewave View Post
The best two teams in Europe are in the European Cup Final.
That's 3 out of the last 4 years that's happened. That's cool as fuck.

I'm not saying that just because I support Man Utd either, I'd have said the best two teams in Europe last year were Barcelona and Chelsea, so that's the year the best two didn't make it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
Inter wiped the floor with Chelsea last year

inter beat both chelsea and barca last year.

and then they beat bayern who in turn beat man u on the road to the final.

barca have definatly been the best team over the past several years. but not man u.

man u have a good squad, but its no where near spectacular this year. not as good as when ronaldo was there.

they also got a pretty easy group and a pretty easy road in their knockout games. chelsea was obviously the hardest, but its no secret the team was struggling with formations and players trying to figure out how to incorporate their 50 million dollar man.

besides barca i think it has been a down year for teams in europe overall. no one in italy was particularly strong. juve are still struggling from calciopoli. inter are coming into a down cycle. milan are at the beginning of an up cycle but are not complete yet. some other teams have very good players (roma, undinese, fiorentina, palermo, napoli) but they are not good enough for deep european competition.

bayern had a mediocre year. schakle over achieved. no one else in germany was doing anything in europe this year.

arsenal have been struggling for years with being on the cusp of greatness but never getting there. this year is no different. chelsea started off strong but faded in the middle of the season and struggled with the addition of torres. although they are back on their winning ways and have a chance in the league it was too late for the CL. pool/tottenham/man city are not either good enough over all or still not a cohesive unit.

spain is only a two team league, and real madrid ran up against barca in the semis unfortunately. i think they would have beaten man u had they played them in the semis. i think they still have some things to figure out and im not sure if jose is the man for that team. RM like flair teams, cappello was gassed for winning the league but not playing attractive enough.

teams from the other countries with decent teams = france, portugal, scottland, turkey, were typical. alright teams but nothing special.

barca really is ruling the continent at the moment.

im hoping with milan adding taiwo, mexes, ganso, another midfielder and a fully fit pato and cassano they will be able to get on that next level again where they were from the late 80s until about 07.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:42 AM   #7999
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Next year Milan will be very strong, they have already signed Mexes and Taiwo, and Berlusconi promised a "transfer market of champions", Plus Cassano will be allowed to play in the CL. Inter will be fine as long as they lose Leonardo.

I also hope Roma finish 4th, they can finally spend some $$$ with their new owners.

EDIT: I didn't read to the bottom of your post until after I posted mine, realized I just mirrored your post lol.

Last edited by MaskedAvenger; 05-05-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #8000
Krimewave
Swollen Member

Krimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkey

2008 Manchester United vs Chelsea

Best 2 teams in Europe (Maybe Barca over Chelsea, but United were, indisputably the best team that year).

2009 Barcelona vs Manchester United

Absolutely no doubt these were the best teams in Europe that season.

2010 Inter Milan vs Bayern Munich

Bayern's manager even said United were the better team and they were lucky to beat them. Inter beat Barca because of Mourinho's tactics, imo.
The best two teams in Europe were Barcelona and (probably) Chelsea, but I'm willing to concede Inter Milan over Chelsea on this one.

2011 Manchester United vs Barcelona

The best two teams in Europe this season imo. If you can think of a team, apart from Barcelona, that United wouldn't have beaten over 2 legs this season, I'd like to hear it.

Accepting that I'm wrong about 2010, that means at least one of the best two teams in Europe has reached the European Cup Final every year for the past 4 years.
For all the shit that people talk about modern football being shit, that's a pretty good trend.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #8001
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

But thats the exact problem with modern football, you have about 3 or 4 teams who are miles above the rest, you can almost predict the finalists before the season starts.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #8002
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimewave View Post
2008 Manchester United vs Chelsea

Best 2 teams in Europe (Maybe Barca over Chelsea, but United were, indisputably the best team that year).

2009 Barcelona vs Manchester United

Absolutely no doubt these were the best teams in Europe that season.

2010 Inter Milan vs Bayern Munich

Bayern's manager even said United were the better team and they were lucky to beat them. Inter beat Barca because of Mourinho's tactics, imo.
The best two teams in Europe were Barcelona and (probably) Chelsea, but I'm willing to concede Inter Milan over Chelsea on this one.

2011 Manchester United vs Barcelona

The best two teams in Europe this season imo. If you can think of a team, apart from Barcelona, that United wouldn't have beaten over 2 legs this season, I'd like to hear it.

Accepting that I'm wrong about 2010, that means at least one of the best two teams in Europe has reached the European Cup Final every year for the past 4 years.
For all the shit that people talk about modern football being shit, that's a pretty good trend.

you make good points. some debatable but not wrong by any means.

the only one i would really differ on is man u if they had played real madrid in the semis i feel they would have lost. they are defiantly one of the top teams in europe, in a down year in my opinion as i already stated. i do think if they could have been beaten by other teams in a 2 legged affair had match ups been just right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
But thats the exact problem with modern football, you have about 3 or 4 teams who are miles above the rest, you can almost predict the finalists before the season starts.

true. it was nicer when teams were a bit more evenly matched. its so hard for teams to hold onto their good players these days. they get snapped up by the big boys. and they can't necessarily buy big players. they have to rely on getting lucky on a transfer, like cavani or buying them when they are young before they blow up like sanchez. or just raising them through the youth academy.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #8003
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

Yeah although in the Serie A, the talent is spread out pretty well.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #8004
ironmantis
aka Dr. HappyHorseShit

ironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of fury

The two best teams in europe this year are Barca and Real Madrid.

imo, Real would have beat Man U.

Man U are playing steady football this season, but by no means look like a good team. The Premier League has been pretty awful this year, which is why Man U are on top (just about).

The standard of football has been pretty much up and down for most teams around the big leagues of Europe this year, apart from Barca, Real Madrid and Man U to a degree, although Man U are nothing spectacular and will be found out against a good team.

Barca and Real Madrid are clearly the best two teams, imo.

Milan have been good enough to win Serie A, but they didn't look completely dominant this season, they are still building for the future. Napoli have been good this year, which is good to see.

Kicking the stick from the blind man of ignorance.

Systematic, global geographic, systemic, neo-synapsis, reload the graphics, notice I spit it rapid

I'm a true master, you can check my credentials, cause I choose to use, my infinite potential.

As I transcend celestial deserts, in search of an oasis / vanishing dreams to lay the fundamental basis / my soul chases / opposite dimensional spaces / material world just erases / I see a thousand faces / as I look into the perpetual sea / a million children follow me / into the molecular structure of infinity.

Last edited by ironmantis; 05-28-2011 at 03:45 PM.
ironmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #8005
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Milan win serie A. Berlusconi promises a summer of spending, so hopefully Milan can build from this and get back to the top of Europe.

Man Utd basically champs now. well deserved.

such a damn shame that the Liverpool of today didnt appear that the beginning of the season. Suarez has been a damn good signing.

Real Madrid sign Nuri Sahin for only 10million. sweet deal Sahin is a great player on the same levels as Ozil. rumours are that Hamit Altintop will also sign for Madrid. so your gonna have this German-Turk Midfield trio at Real. lol.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #8006
whitey
Wu Vatican

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN View Post
Milan win serie A. Berlusconi promises a summer of spending, so hopefully Milan can build from this and get back to the top of Europe.

Man Utd basically champs now. well deserved.

such a damn shame that the Liverpool of today didnt appear that the beginning of the season. Suarez has been a damn good signing.

Real Madrid sign Nuri Sahin for only 10million. sweet deal Sahin is a great player on the same levels as Ozil. rumours are that Hamit Altintop will also sign for Madrid. so your gonna have this German-Turk Midfield trio at Real. lol.
they've already locked up mexes and taiwo. two problem areas. now just need to bring in ganso!

ya suarez is a player i rate quite high. im surprised there wasn't more of a feeding frenzy for him.

and real signing another midfielder. some are defiantly going to have to leave this summer.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #8007
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Champions 2010-2011!
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #8008
Socrates92
PRODIGAL SUN

Socrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken masta

Barca were incredible tonight, the best team I've seen in my lifetime.
Socrates92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #8009
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i was at Wembley yesterday. gotta say great game well worth the 250 i spent for the tickets. the fans of each team got the biggest shaft some said they spent more than 400 for the tickets.

anyway great game. the atmosphere was good, for like the first 10 minutes everyone thought that Man Utd could do it. but once Barca got going fucking hell they just played insane. did give United the ball and after the 2nd goal they just started taking the piss. there was nothing United could do, and you just felt that in the stadium.

the best part was seeing Abidal lift the trophy, great gesture from Puyol to allow Abidal to lift the trophy.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #8010
whitey
Wu Vatican

thats sick. wish i could go to things like this. one day.