news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 03-19-2006, 10:16 PM   #1
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

ballistic crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to ballistic
Default my school just knocked UNC out of the tournament!!!

GODDAMN...i'm speechless. my school, the george mason patriots, just beat perhaps the preeminent basketball program in the country, the tarheels, to get to the sweet 16....! thats inconceivable to me...jordan's alma mater, the defending national champions, chapel hill mystique...all crumbles in the face of the (unfortunately named) patriots. wow...i've always loved march madness, but i've never been a part of it...this is amazing. michigan state, then UNC...and the thing is, we're playing wichita state in the sweet 16, a team we've already beat once this season. so theoretically, we could wind up in the elite 8, facing UCONN! this is going to do so much for our recruiting too...this is exactly how gonzaga got to the level they are now.
never thought i would see MY mid-level school overcome THE tar heels...but i guess this is what the bracket season is really like...

ballistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:22 AM   #2
TiKaL
Cultivator

TiKaL grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to TiKaL Send a message via Yahoo to TiKaL

Get a grip homie,

North Carolina lost its top 7 scorers from last year.
Not to sound like a homer or anything, but the fact that UNC made it to the second round of the tournament is a story and a half right there. Their leading scorer from last year averaged 3.3 points.
When the NBA draft was taking place and you heard Tarheel after Tarheel being taken (in the first round of course) people wondered if they would make the NIT

Dont start getting cocky and talk about the Carolina mystic.
knocking off a over rated MSU team and a team full of Freshmen doesnt make you a powerhouse, ya know
George Mason is already a underdog against WSU and for good reason

however, when a mid major knocks off a top school, its USUALLY fun.
But things are gonna be alright at Chapel Hill. Trust me,
But I know how you feel and why you are so excited. My school, Valparaiso, did the same, years back
Old 03-20-2006, 01:35 AM   #3
FrenchShin
akabrownsugar

FrenchShin grasshopper

go Noah !
FrenchShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballistic
GODDAMN...i'm speechless. my school, the george mason patriots, just beat perhaps the preeminent basketball program in the country, the tarheels, to get to the sweet 16....! thats inconceivable to me...jordan's alma mater, the defending national champions, chapel hill mystique...all crumbles in the face of the (unfortunately named) patriots. wow...i've always loved march madness, but i've never been a part of it...this is amazing. michigan state, then UNC...and the thing is, we're playing wichita state in the sweet 16, a team we've already beat once this season. so theoretically, we could wind up in the elite 8, facing UCONN! this is going to do so much for our recruiting too...this is exactly how gonzaga got to the level they are now.
never thought i would see MY mid-level school overcome THE tar heels...but i guess this is what the bracket season is really like...

you wouldnt happen to know an adam lobene that goes to your school? one of my boys from home.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:51 AM   #5
Dirty Knowledge
Banned

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Wow big fucking deal... the thing to keep in mind about March Madness is that upsets are a part of it and will happen. You have your cinderella teams that do nothing but win one or two big games and then fade to obscurity. big deal. FSU beat Duke this year and look where they are. NIT with UM. Thing to remember my nigs, is:

joahkim noah.
taureen green.
lee humphreys.
al horford.
corey brewer.

Those boys from Florida taking it to the house!
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:16 PM   #6
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

of course upsets always happen in the tournament, but when its a mid-major team already on the brink of breaking out, its pretty important...and plus, when something like this happens and youre somewhat involved in it, it takes on a whole different form. its amazing...

yes, i'm aware UNC is a shadow of the team they were last year...but come on, its the fucking tar heels...they were ranked in the top 15 at the end of the season and had a win AT duke under their belts...and irrespective of their identity, thats a pretty impressive team to beat.

FSU is an ACC team who is always in the mix...so thats a bit incongruous. an average team in a powerful conference is equivalent to a top-level team in a mid-major conference. the seminoles are always at least vaguely competitive, so they pull off upsets every now and then...and because of their conference, they're always in a better position than any team in the mid-majors to get into the tournament.

i'm not saying that because of these two (big) wins, mason is going to be vaulted to the elite circle of teams in the country. but this does open the door to them being an omnipresent team in the NCAA tournament each year, which is exciting. recruiting should shoot up because of the publicity...but whatever happens, i'm enthralled with what has already happened...

Old 03-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #7
baby jesus
Veteran Member

baby jesus crouching tigerbaby jesus crouching tiger

Just Imagine If Hofstra Would Of Made It, They Should Of Got In Over George Mason Anyway.
baby jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:04 PM   #8
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

yeah, that bugs us mason people...that we lost to hofstra twice...like yes, we can knock out powerhouses michigan state and unc, but somehow hofstra had our number. but yeah, after our starting point guard nailed that hofstra guy in the balls in the conference semis, and we lost subsequently and then he was suspended, we thought it was over...according to karma it should have been, but i guess the NCAA gods had something else in mind. i am sympathetic for hofstra though...they got shafted. i still think we deserved a bid, but so did they...it should have been like, if GMU gets in, hofstra is automatically in..o well..

Old 03-20-2006, 03:06 PM   #9
baby jesus
Veteran Member

baby jesus crouching tigerbaby jesus crouching tiger

Hahaha Yeah I'm In A Bracket And When He Got Suspended For That I Was Like No Way They Are Gonna Lose First Round They Cant Even Beat Hofstra But I Was Wrong They Proved They Deserved To Be There.
baby jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:59 PM   #10
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballistic
but yeah, after our starting point guard nailed that hofstra guy in the balls in the conference semis, and we lost subsequently and then he was suspended, we thought it was over...according to karma it should have been...
karma works in mysterious ways. watch your mans (the ball puncher) have a chance to win or tie a game and he bricks his shot.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:45 PM   #11
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

yeah seriously...i'm trying to go see the game friday, because our bracket's games happen to be in DC (the other matchup is uconn vs. washington)...tickets cost 130 though, so we'll see...

Old 03-20-2006, 08:37 PM   #12
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge
Wow big fucking deal... the thing to keep in mind about March Madness is that upsets are a part of it and will happen. You have your cinderella teams that do nothing but win one or two big games and then fade to obscurity. big deal. FSU beat Duke this year and look where they are. NIT with UM. Thing to remember my nigs, is:

joahkim noah.
taureen green.
lee humphreys.
al horford.
corey brewer.

Those boys from Florida taking it to the house!
FUCKING WORD man. check out my location, FLORIDA WILL TAKE IT DOWN THIS YEAR

and fuck whoever was whining about UNC losing its players, Florida is 4 soph's and a junior starting. btw, its lee humphrey, no s at the end...
Old 03-20-2006, 09:04 PM   #13
FrenchShin
akabrownsugar

FrenchShin grasshopper

Noah will bring back the long hair style.
FrenchShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:38 PM   #14
whitey
Wu Vatican

floridas gonna bite it just like they always do whenever they get number 1 during the season or a big game in the tourney.

Old 03-21-2006, 11:54 PM   #15
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

^ they woulda been out already if that was the case. They hadn't got to the sweet 16 since they went to the championship in 2000.

The only way I see Florida losing to Georgetown is if ol Billy Donovan botches the game up late, which he is known to do. Florida can not be blown out.