news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-29-2005, 01:40 PM   #31
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Re: Mobb Deep 1st track on G-Unit Records... (link inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2000
???? This dude sounds like a major "hater".................MOBB DEEP will go down as one of the greatest hip hop duos of all time, even if they never put out another record again. They have classic records like: INFAMOUS, HELL ON EARTH, MURDA MUZIK, and even HNIC........

.....I dont understand how putting out a CD on G-Unit, would erase there place in Hip Hop history!

Furthermore, what the fuck is the big deal about this song "OUT OF CONTROL"???? It sounds like anything that could have been on AMERIKAZ NIGHTMARE or INFAMY......In fact I like the track, and it would have been a good song on those albums ..........SOME OF YOU GEEKS WILL JUST HATE ANYTHING THAT HAS 50 CENT ON IT, REGARDLESS OF WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE!!!
Mobb deep will not go down as one of the greatest ever. and shit like this is just contriubting to it.

i dont hate on anything with 50 on it. i hate on anything that sucks. it just happens most of what he does sucks. i give props to anything thats good, he is just not good.

i compaire everything to the same high standard. i rate stuff against paid in full, against illmatic, against ready to die, against 36 chambers...ect. this shit that 50 is putting out, and now that mobb is putting out, and that most people are putting out today just doesnt compaire. i dont care how you look at it you cant tell me its even close. im not gonna force myself to like this bullshit just because its "whats hot" right now. fuck all that, ill keep listening to all those cds i mentioned before until some people come with some real shit (people like mf are doing it but the majority is underpar)

mobb arent gonna be rapping forever, and eventually they will spend all the money they made from gunit. but people will remember them being bitchs and selling out.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:17 PM   #32
R3beLuTionAry
IP RELAY OPERATOR

R3beLuTionAry grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to R3beLuTionAry

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey
Mobb deep will not go down as one of the greatest ever. and shit like this is just contriubting to it.

i dont hate on anything with 50 on it. i hate on anything that sucks. it just happens most of what he does sucks. i give props to anything thats good, he is just not good.

i compaire everything to the same high standard. i rate stuff against paid in full, against illmatic, against ready to die, against 36 chambers...ect. this shit that 50 is putting out, and now that mobb is putting out, and that most people are putting out today just doesnt compaire. i dont care how you look at it you cant tell me its even close. im not gonna force myself to like this bullshit just because its "whats hot" right now. fuck all that, ill keep listening to all those cds i mentioned before until some people come with some real shit (people like mf are doing it but the majority is underpar)

mobb arent gonna be rapping forever, and eventually they will spend all the money they made from gunit. but people will remember them being bitchs and selling out.
R3beLuTionAry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:09 PM   #33
pablobaluba
Banned

pablobaluba grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to pablobaluba Send a message via Yahoo to pablobaluba

Quote:

totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pablobaluba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:15 PM   #34
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey

Quote:

I agree with you that rap music today in 2005 is absolute shit compared to anything in the 1990's.......rap in 2005 is a fuckin corporate endorsment and a McDonalds Commercial.

I dont agree with you on saying that MOBB DEEP will be remembered for being a bunch of sell outs........"out of Control" is no different than songs off AMERIKAZ NIGHTMARE or INFAMY.........

......no group puts out material at the level of there prime years throughout there career......for example nobody looks at LED ZEPPELIN and says "they fuckin suck, beacuse there last couple albums were shitty or more mainstream"......for some reason hip hop fans shit on there favorite groups if they are not making classic records every time out......like MOBB DEEP has made classic albums, there prime was in the 1990's, they had a good run.......there new shit may not be as good, but its not like "out of Control" has fuckin BRITNEY SPEARS on it.....it aint that bad of a track......people are going crazy over the fact that G UNIT will be the label MOBB DEEP is on......who cares, as far as mainstream rap goes in 2005, I dont't think G UNIT is the absolute worst.......look at the fuckin JA RULE's, LIL JOHN's, FAT JOE's, CASSIDY, CHINGY, YING YANG TWINS, NELLY's that dominate in mainstream rap in 2005, compared to that shit I think G UNIT is a decent fit for MOBB DEEP.

How about we listen to the album before we pass judgement......In my opinion INFAMY and AMERIKAS NIGHTMARE sucked, maybe siging to G UNIT will light a fire under them
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 05:25 PM   #35
ch-chef
Veteran Member

ch-chef shaolin monk

dont like the beat
ch-chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 05:40 PM   #36
AK Spray
"Dawnin' On A New Day..."

AK Spray crouching tiger

Stinker.
AK Spray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 05:47 PM   #37
Fr@z
Who's The Dado?

Fr@z shaolin monk
Send a message via Yahoo to Fr@z

Its pretty good.

and fuck everyone who hates it just because 50's in it .
Old 06-29-2005, 11:46 PM   #38
IronFingaz

IronFingaz grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to IronFingaz Send a message via MSN to IronFingaz Send a message via Yahoo to IronFingaz

Me and my man was actually talking about Mobb Deep & M.O.P. earlier. It's like this...

Mobb Deep:
I am skeptic about them on G-Unit because of the fact that nowadays they seem like they would do an album with 50 and G-Unit on more than half of the album just for the money. Murda Musik was their downfall. Everything after has been mediocre. I will admit Havoc stepped his lyrical game up and I am proud of him, but on the other side Prodigy went from one of the best to one of the worst. The only thing left with Prodigy is his voice, his lyrics are horrible now. And then...

M.O.P.:
I don't have a problem at all with M.O.P. on G-Unit records. M.O.P. is the type of group to say fuck you we're doing our own shit and keeping in M.O.P. When they we're on the Roc, they clearly stated you won't see anyting different from their album, still M.O.P. featurings and M.O.P. production. They did have a song with Jay although they we're fucking with Jay back on 4 Alarm Blaze, no problem with that. So therefore, I believe they would beat the shit out of 50 quick if he tried to fuck them over with bullshit. M.O.P. is not your I want money rap group, of course they want money, but they are real street cats, I would be completely surprised to see G-Unit anywhere on their album.

P.E.A.C.E.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:35 AM   #39
zzzzzz
Banned

zzzzzz grasshopper

it's a good move i think.
zzzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote