news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

Old 04-05-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Big L - The Big Picture

Tracklist:

01. Big Picture Intro
02. Ebonics
03. Size 'Em Up
04. Deadly Combination (feat. 2Pac)
05. '98 Freestyle
06. Holdin' It Down (feat. A.G., Miss Jones, Stan Spit)
07. The Heist
08. The Enemy (feat. Fat Joe)
09. Fall Back (feat. Kool G Rap)
10. Flamboyant
11. Casualties of a Dice Game
12. Platinum Plus (feat. Big Daddy Kane)
13. Who You Slidin' Wit (feat. Stan Spit)
14. Games (feat. Guru, Sadat X)
15. The Heist Reinvated
16. The Triboro (feat. Fat Joe, O.C., Remy Martin)
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Last edited by Edgar Erebus; 04-05-2006 at 12:40 PM.
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #2
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Personally, the really best Big L album. Both L's delivery and production much more rafinated than on Lifestylez. I give it 10/10.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
Luther Large
Veteran Member

Luther Large shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim T
Personally, the really best Big L album. Both L's delivery and production much more rafinated than on Lifestylez. I give it 10/10.
u crazy

Lifestylez is definetly waaaay better but this album is still a banger

how can u like his delivery on this better? his lyrics were the craziest i ever heard on lifestylez it was much better cuz he was alive durin it's entire recording and there are few guest appearances as oppose to a whole lot on big picture dont get me wrong they are both classics but im just sayin u gotta know lifestylez is the better album here

9/10

would of been a 10/10 if L was alive for the whole album to be recorded

R.I.P Big L

- AZ

Luther Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #4
tacle

I ain't heard the album, but deadly combination is the sickest track, watch that beat.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

bangin' album.
we lost L too soon.
9/10

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #6
HipHophead101
ADEPT

HipHophead101 grasshopper

10/10

rip L
Old 06-23-2006, 04:48 PM   #7
MaShPG
MASTER deBATER

MaShPG grasshopper

i'll give it an 8.5 out of 10.

The whole album seemed like it was just thrown together, and in some ways it was. Just like how Pac's post death albums don't flow well, this album was just all over the place. Still, Big was on poin throughout the album. It seemed like there were too many guests at times too. I give LOTP&D a 9.7/10 by the way.

WHAT'S GOING ON?
MaShPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:15 PM   #8
Claustrofobic
Knowing the Ledge

Claustrofobic crouching tiger

hahaha fucking L dickriders ove hea........this is yet another case of dickriding an artist cause he's dead and this album is his half career. Y'all need to face that this album isnt anything more than decent. Its got way too many fillers like Deadly Combination and The Heist Revisited to name a few.....

This album is 7/10 and thats being generous
Old 06-25-2006, 01:19 PM   #9
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger

the album's a 8 outta 10

too bad he couldn't really finish it too many recycled verses from old freestyles

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:30 PM   #10
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This was my introduction to Big L and I thought it was dope, made me want to get his first album.

RIP Big L

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:38 PM   #11
Da Problem Child
Dr.GrEeEnThUmB

Da Problem Child grasshopper

Yea this album was tight.Big L would of been in my top 10 if he stayed around a lil longer.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:57 PM   #12
J-Cee
SmokeY

J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeh good album..but doesnt compare to overall raw and gritty feel to lifestyles...still good shit
7/10
J-Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:59 PM   #13
Grongle
Young Granger

Grongle grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Grongle Send a message via MSN to Grongle

i have wanted this for ages
Old 10-25-2006, 08:25 AM   #14
Sean
Wu Vatican

Sean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of fury

I'd give it a 9. Just like Tauro, this was my intro to L, and it made me really want to get LOTP&D. His debut was better, but this is still hot.

I like the intro with Gang Starr telling everybody to put their "L"s up and then shouting "BIG L! BIG L! BIG L!".

L was so talented, but hardly anybody knows who he is. I was playing one of his songs and none of my friends had a clue who he was.

RIP Big L
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:34 PM   #15
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone

good album. i am a much bigger fan of Lifestylez not just for its content but also because i meet so many people who think Big L is the greatest ever but have never heard Lifestylez. They think they are so smart and underground because they have this album and call him their favorite yet they have never heard his classic banger. Fuck is wrong with these kids?
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote