news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Rating.
10 2 66.67%
9 0 0%
8 1 33.33%
7 0 0%
6 0 0%
5 0 0%
4 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2006, 01:40 PM   #1
Luther Large
Veteran Member

Luther Large shaolin monk
Default Das EFX - Hold it Down

Track listing
1. Intro (Once Again)
2. No Diggedy
3. Knockin' Niggaz Off
4. Here We Go
5. Real Hip Hop - (original version)
6. Here It Is
7. Microphone Master
8. 40 & A Blunt
9. Buck-Buck
10. Intro
11. Can't Have Nuttin'
12. Alright
13. Hold It Down
14. Dedicated
15. Ready To Rock Rough Rhymes
16. Represent The Real - (with KRS-One)
17. Comin' Thru
18. Hardcore Rap Act
19. Bad News - (with PMD)
20. Real Hip Hop - (Pete Rock remix)

to me this is das-efx best album it's a personal classic and it makes me mad that it's so overlooked when it deserves to be praised this album is too hott

my favorite tracks are ready to rock ruff ryhmes(this song is a str8 up classic),buck-buck,real hip hop(both versions),no diggedy,and comin thru,..these are all classics songs right here the rest of the album is also amazing

not alot of ya'll probly have this so go BUY IT

and 4 those that do have it what would ya'll give this

me......9.5/10

- AZ

Last edited by claaa7; 08-11-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Luther Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #2
mn2683

mn2683 grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to mn2683

its definately a slept on 90s album...i always saw it in the record store, and finally one day i took a chance on it. i'm glad i did, this album is real sick 9/10
1. Method Man- 4:21...The Day After
2. Jeru the Damaja- Wrath of the Math
3. Nas- The World is Yours (original remix)
mn2683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #3
Rebel_INS
Veteran Member

Rebel_INS shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Rebel_INS

Great album, I loved the production and the lyrics were great.

8.5/10
Old 05-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #4
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Hell yeah Hold It Down is the shit. I love that album and it's a shame it got overlooked. Bad News song with PMD is the shit. I love that beat. Another favorite Das EFX album of mine that got slept on is Straight Up Sewaside. I also like their Generation EFX and How We Do albums. How We Do was released 3 years ago. It's not that bad.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:47 PM   #5
graffitiwhat
Veteran Member

graffitiwhat shaolin monk

one of my favorite lp's of all time
graffitiwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:31 AM   #6
g_flex
The Dark Matter

g_flex shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to g_flex Send a message via Yahoo to g_flex

a real brilliant album..full of good hooks n style....a must fo most hardcore loving fans

And I'ma remain in the scene and reign supreme and go to many extremes by any means
g_flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:10 PM   #7
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Das EFX are a pretty slept on group really. This album was tight. So were their first 2. I think even the fourth one was pretty good. I don't remember it well. But yeah, I'd give this an 8.5/10.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #8
Paranoid
Venom

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

Das EFX are some hardcore raw shit. This album is a classic, my favorite out of the 3.
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:06 PM   #9
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

damn I've been sleeping on this album, seen it in the store and thinking bout picking the up but I saw some review at AllMusic that gave out 2/5.. I picked it up today and bumping it right now and shit is raw as hell, grimy new york Boom Bap - my favorite type of hip-hop... can't really rate it on one listen but what the hell; at least 8.5/10

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:19 AM   #10
crds
ADEPT

crds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkey

Very dope album, but Dead Serious is my favourite from them, I remember first getting "They Want EFX" on 12" and playing it every time I played at a club or a bar, it would always make the crowd hype.

Then I saw the review in The Source and wanted the album there and then, I remember the first time I heard it and I flipped out, I ordered it in the record store I was working in and I sold mad copies too...ahhhh 1992...man I miss it.
crds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:09 PM   #11
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Maccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkey

Classic album!! 10/10..

Can't Have Nuttin' absolutely best track from that album...

Vote for 10!

Peace....

Maccabee Ridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:06 AM   #12
Comptilla
HiP-HoP HeAD

Comptilla shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Hell yeah Hold It Down is the shit. I love that album and it's a shame it got overlooked. Bad News song with PMD is the shit. I love that beat. Another favorite Das EFX album of mine that got slept on is Straight Up Sewaside. I also like their Generation EFX and How We Do albums. How We Do was released 3 years ago. It's not that bad.

I stll bump all those albums in a month. My 14 year old son love how we do me too dope album.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #13
David Daniel Davis
'

David Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venoms

This is definitely their best l.p.
David Daniel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote