news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 10-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #196
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
All fans are passionate you retard. Go to any fucking college or high school football game and you'll find it. Ignorance has nothing to do with it jackass. Keep booing A-Rod, a hall of famer and possibly home run king. THat is IGNORANT.
Nicky you da shit.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:40 PM   #197
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Barry Bonds will save the Yankees.

^ KYLE WILLIAMS POOPS THE BED ^
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:49 PM   #198
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
Barry Bonds will save the Yankees.
I hope you get him, for another $30 million

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 10-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #199
ilzPotent
Teflon Imperial

ilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to ilzPotent

So is Joe Torre going to retire? Will Arod stay in New York? The inquiring mind wants to know.

CONservative goverMENt
ilzPotent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #200
Storm
Vatican

Storm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilzPotent View Post
So is Joe Torre going to retire? Will Arod stay in New York? The inquiring mind wants to know.
This will be a interesting offseason for sure.

Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #201
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Back before the start of the second half of the season, I remember them saying on ESPN that the Yankees were going to be having an easier schedule the second half of the season, cause many of the teams they were going to be playing were weak. I didn't expect them to get as close as they did to the Red Sox though. Like has been said before, you can't always buy a winning team. The Yankees always have the biggest payroll, but they haven't won the World Series in a while. I remember when they played the Marlins in the World Series. The Marlins had like a $500 payroll and the Yankees had like a $10 trillion pay roll, and they still ended up losing. Maybe it's time to rebuild the team. Their owner is a dickhead. He should be the first to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #202
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Hey if your team doesn't make the playoffs for 12 straight years, and you have yet to even see a WS win.. you got no where to talk shit even you BoSox fans you think you're the shit you win 1 WS in 1,000 years.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:06 PM   #203
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Joe Torre is not the problem. Fire him, and alot of you players will leave with him. But that would be good for NY, because they need to rebuild. Signing Barry Bonds will only dig them into a deeper hole. They dont need a forty something head case close to retirement.

They won all those rings in the nineties with no names...none were perennial all stars. Jeter only cuz he's popular, but look at Jeters numbers every year. Not great...solid, but not GREAT. But he's clutch.....case in point A Rod...big numbers in the reg. season, but nothing in the post.
Pitching is what wins in the playoffs.....the Tribe has it, the Yankees dont. Pettitte and Rivera were the only two who were decent for NY. And both are old.
They need to keep Chamberlain, and rebuild with the youth.

But fuck em.....they got a madman for an owner. I dont feel bad for them. Arrogance will bring them down.
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #204
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby jesus View Post
Man I Gotta Say I Was Off Base The Indians Proved There A Really Really Good Team In The Realm Of The Yankees And Red Sox. They Came To Play And The Yankees Didnt. I Think They Exposed Wang A Little Bit In This Series He's Not As Good As I Thought He Was. I Just Hope They Take Out Boston I Doubt It Though Unfortunatly The Only Team That Was Gonna Stop Boston Was The Yankees And They Just Didnt Get It Done.
How was the Yankees going to possible stop Boston with that pitching staff??? They were terrible. THe Indians were a better team all year than NY....the difference? The Yankees get all the exposure, and they had an MVP candidate.
Regular season head to head is meaningless. IN the playoffs, you face the other team at its best, unlike in the reg. season were you may be facing some scrub starter.
Obviously the Yanks were not all they were cracked up to be.....overrated.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:11 PM   #205
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Still no love for Fausto Carmona???? That guy is unbelievable. ESPN needs to cover the other 30 teams in the MLB besides the Yanks and sox.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #206
baby jesus
Veteran Member

baby jesus crouching tigerbaby jesus crouching tiger

Well I Disagree I Still Think The Yankees Are The Better Team But Clevand Stepped Up And Come Through,In The Playoffs The Best Team Doesnt Always Win. I Just Think The Yankees Have The Best Team To Face The Red Sox Even Though The Bats Werent Alive They Can Hit With Boston And A Huge Key They Have Rivera. If You Have A Lead In The Ninth Theres No Way Borowski Is Gettin The Save Against The Red Sox I Hope I'm Wrong Though.

You Said Pettite And Rivera Were The Only Good Ones But Hughes Looked Pretty Good Too So Thats Exciting For Next Year.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:31 PM   #207
Storm
Vatican

Storm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killa

Quote:
How was the Yankees going to possible stop Boston with that pitching staff??? They were terrible. THe Indians were a better team all year than NY....the difference? The Yankees get all the exposure, and they had an MVP candidate.
Regular season head to head is meaningless. IN the playoffs, you face the other team at its best, unlike in the reg. season were you may be facing some scrub starter.
how are we overrated? we werent supposed to make the playoffs but we did and we played a great team that had 96 wins.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #208
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Quote:
Joe Torre is not the problem. Fire him, and alot of you players will leave with him. But that would be good for NY, because they need to rebuild. Signing Barry Bonds will only dig them into a deeper hole. They dont need a forty something head case close to retirement.

They won all those rings in the nineties with no names...none were perennial all stars. Jeter only cuz he's popular, but look at Jeters numbers every year. Not great...solid, but not GREAT. But he's clutch.....case in point A Rod...big numbers in the reg. season, but nothing in the post.
Pitching is what wins in the playoffs.....the Tribe has it, the Yankees dont. Pettitte and Rivera were the only two who were decent for NY. And both are old.
They need to keep Chamberlain, and rebuild with the youth.

But fuck em.....they got a madman for an owner. I dont feel bad for them. Arrogance will bring them down.
I have a friend who is a huge Yankee fan, and trust me Nicky Joe Torre WAS a HUGE part of the problem. Let's look at his track record in the playoffs and regular season over the past few years. Look at the shitty decisions, culminating last night with his decision to start Wang on 3 days rest instead of Mussina, Think about the number of young arms he has simply ruined by overuse. Personally I think he was getting senile. It was time to go.
and they won in the nineties, because it was one miracle after another.

Quote:
Let's not forget. they played Baltimore and Tampa Bay 25 times after the break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby jesus View Post
Well I Disagree I Still Think The Yankees Are The Better Team But Clevand Stepped Up And Come Through,In The Playoffs The Best Team Doesnt Always Win. I Just Think The Yankees Have The Best Team To Face The Red Sox Even Though The Bats Werent Alive They Can Hit With Boston And A Huge Key They Have Rivera. If You Have A Lead In The Ninth Theres No Way Borowski Is Gettin The Save Against The Red Sox I Hope I'm Wrong Though.

You Said Pettite And Rivera Were The Only Good Ones But Hughes Looked Pretty Good Too So Thats Exciting For Next Year.
How were the Yankees the better team? Did they have a better record? Are their starters better? Clearly not. Are their relievers better? Not really. Is the offense better? Clearly not. Is the manager better? I'm a better manager than Joe Torre and that isn't saying much. Wedge did NOTHING wrong in the series at all as far as I can tell. There is a laundry list of stupid decisions by Torre in that series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Storm View Post
how are we overrated? we werent supposed to make the playoffs but we did and we played a great team that had 96 wins.
You WERE supposed to make the playoffs, remember? Over $200 million dollar payroll? Ring a bell? Preseason predictions? Horrible start? Any of this coming to you? So, you were overrated before the season, really overrated in the first 50 games, slightly overrated in the last 112 games, and WAY overrated in the playoffs. So when were they underrated?

Old 10-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #209
Storm
Vatican

we dont have a payroll over 200 million. yea, we're always picked in preseason to win the east or atleast make the playoffs but thats only based on what happend the past year and on the offseason. You cant predict key injuries to a team. Theres alot of things that happend in a season that could turnout to be good or bad. This year we did so bad so early because of injuries to our pitching staff that resulted in bad starts from pitchers that werent unproven pitchers. If anything, we were underrated at that point of the season because we didnt have a healthy team so we couldnt showcase our full strength. If we didnt have so much injuries at the beginning of the year, in my opinion we would've won the east.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:46 PM   #210
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

I see BeautifulRock dropped that sig, haha