news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 01-30-2008, 10:18 PM   #346
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

^^^ lollol @ sabbathia.

Anyway... naw... I don't think he is as good as he was in his best years... last year he fell off bigtime... for a superstar pitcher... but he'll return to perfect form this year and probably win a solid 20 games I predict. Mets are a powerhouse and with Johan they added that number 1. Four prospects for Santana, not sure whom, but all young guys not even sure if they're all pitchers. Mets definitly win in this trade... they prolly will choke again though.

^ KYLE WILLIAMS POOPS THE BED ^
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:26 PM   #347
Storm
Vatican

Storm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killa

They traded 3 pitchers and an outfileder which they proboably didn't need. I know two prospects of the four are really good prospects.

Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #348
Storm
Vatican

Storm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killa

It's offcial now. Now we gotta see what the numbers are on this contract.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:59 AM   #349
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

7 years 150 million....way overpaid..they are crazy.

If Sabathia wants that, I say trade his ass...for a 30 year old pitcher that is way too much money. Baseball is stupid with this shit.
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:00 AM   #350
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

The Mets problem is they try to compete with the Yankees with this big name shit and dont realize how valuable prospects are because they cost so little for about 5 years in the big leagues. Maybe even more.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:02 AM   #351
Storm
Vatican

Yea, athletes are getting way overpayed thses days. I don't remember what Barry Zitos numbers were on the contract but I'd definitely not pay him for that much.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:03 PM   #352
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

No pitcher at the age of 30 is worth that kind of commitment.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:03 PM   #353
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

They're nuts locking this guy up for seven years....

Old 02-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #354
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Don't a bunch of pitchers still play well into their upper 30's and into their 40's though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #355
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Yes but look at Roger Clemins and how many teams he played for at those ages.

Here's a good example when you lock someone down: Fausto Carmona. Young, and mad talented. That's when you lock someone down longterm. Johan isn't like, an old man, or anything, but he's still been in the league for seven years.. and now you want to sign him for ANOTHER seven? I hope the Mets get him for every year and he doesn't get hurt.. but it's RISKY BUISNESS.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #356
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Thats how mid market and small market teams usually do it, but there is a max to how much you can sign them....Carmona is still like a year or two away from his first decent contract, so he will be with the Indians for another 5-7 years with Sizemore and the rest of their young players.

Baseball players dont get the opportunity to make big money until they are like 28-30, depending on when they start, so thats why these contracts are always so risky, yet these guys demand big money cuz of their track records and the fact that they are technically still in their prime, even if it maybe be for only 2-4 years during the contract...
And all teams could afford a guy for 3-5 years, but its the extra 2 that only the big market teams can afford, which is why they always end up in NY, LA or CHI.

But that can be good or bad....Look at all the bad decisions the Yankees have made
Old 02-07-2008, 02:21 AM   #357
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

If anybody thinks the Mets overpaid for Santana, they are crazy or quite simply don't understand the value of a number one starter ....excuse me....the BEST #1 starter in baseball. Tell me you wouldn't want him on the Yankees, Red Sox or the INDIANS ...heh emm ...(Nicky). Any talk of the Mets overpaying or overcommitting is just jealousy especially if he brings a title within the next couple of years. Gammons says the move has catapulted the Mets to easily the top of the National League and a favorite to be in the World Series...BTW what is the monetary value for winning one of those? The question is rhetorical. You know the answer. And you know if the Mets win a World Series within the next 7 years (which they will, mark my words) it will easily be worth the cash.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #358
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Watch out for the Marlins this year dogg.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #359
baby jesus
Veteran Member

baby jesus crouching tigerbaby jesus crouching tiger

Just Got Over The Giants Superbowl Pitchers And Catchers Have Reported Already Got Opening Day Tickest For The Last One In Yankee Stadium History.

So What Do People Think The Yanks Should Do With Joba Keep Him In The 8th Or MAke Him A Starter To Tell You Truth I Like Him In The 8th That So Valuable Nowadays For The 8th And 9th To Be Locked Down. If We Dont Whos Gonna Pitch The 8th Farnsworth Or Hawkins That Has Bad News Wrote All Over It. I Still Dont Know Why They Didnt Offer Doug M A Minor League Deal Like Lamb Or Ensberg Besides The Injury Last Year He Did Pretty Well At 1st. The Underdog Role Should Be Cool Shit The Yanks Havent Won In The Fav Role Recently So Fuck It.

But Anyway Cant Wait For The Season To Start Lets Go Yankees!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 02:46 AM   #360
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
If anybody thinks the Mets overpaid for Santana, they are crazy or quite simply don't understand the value of a number one starter ....excuse me....the BEST #1 starter in baseball. Tell me you wouldn't want him on the Yankees, Red Sox or the INDIANS ...heh emm ...(Nicky). Any talk of the Mets overpaying or overcommitting is just jealousy especially if he brings a title within the next couple of years. Gammons says the move has catapulted the Mets to easily the top of the National League and a favorite to be in the World Series...BTW what is the monetary value for winning one of those? The question is rhetorical. You know the answer. And you know if the Mets win a World Series within the next 7 years (which they will, mark my words) it will easily be worth the cash.
Of course I'd want Santana, but not at that price for that many years....only the big money teams can take on that kind of contract.....Which is why unless Sabathia takes the home team discount, he will leave the Indians.