news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 06-28-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
Identity
Ishmaelic

Identity grasshopper
Default Unlocking The Bible

Genesis 1:1

"In the beginning, God created the Elohim, the language of the heaven and the language of the earth."

- Genesis 1:1

By most, this verse is translated with heaven and earth being the direct objects. However, Eth, the Hebrew word used to indicate a direct object, also represents the entire Hebrew language because it is the first and last Hebrew letters. This is what Jesus is also referring to when he states that he is the alpha and the omega. In this context, heaven and earth are appositives.

God's name was never written or spoken, because He is completely beyond all human comprehension. This tradition is still visible today in the Jewish tradition of doing neither. For this same reason, God is never mentioned in the Bible, but His presence is implied. In this sentence we have a plural subject and a singular verb. This is grammatically inaccurate, but is done to indicate that it is God, who is not mentioned in this verse, that is doing the creating, and it is the Elohim, the word usually translated as God, that is the direct object. This is not the only way this verse can be understood, but it is essential to understand what follows.

There are twelve total ways this passage can be translated and each one is seen as important. The Bible itself is a spiritual guidebook, and the books of Genesis and Ezekiel are understood as the keys to understanding prophecy.

I. "In the beginning, God created"
II. "With the beginning, God created"
III. "In the beginning, God healed"
IV. "With the beginning, God healed"
V. "In the head, God created"
VI. "With the head, God created"
VII. "In the head, God healed"
VIII. "With the head, God healed"
IX. "In wisdom, God created"
X. "With wisdom, God created"
XI. "In wisdom, God healed"
XII. "With wisdom, God healed"

This is because beth can either mean "with" or "in", reshit can mean either "beginning", "head", or "wisdom", and bara can mean either "created" or "healed". Meditating upon these XII different translations will make their meaning clearer. Pay particular attention to numbers V, VIII, and XII.

Genesis 1:2

"The earth was in confusion, which He was in, darkness is on the face of the depths, and God's spirit is moving on the water's surface."

-Genesis 1:2

In most translations, every verb in this sentence is translated in the past tense. But when we analyze the original Hebrew, we see that it is only the first part that is in the past tense. The other two parts that follow are in the present tense. Because of this, the second verse is describing something that preceded the first verse. The first verse provides a general overview of what was created, and then this verse gets into the specifics of what occurred before it.

The Bible begins with the second letter of the Hebrew alphabet, the letter beth. This letter is open to the left, and has a tail that points to the right. It signifies that something existed before the first verse, but that our tale starts at this particular point in time. This second verse in Genesis is giving us a glimpse of what happened before the first one.

Translators generally translate the words tohu and bohu as "without form and empty". The Hebrew words tohu and bohu appear nowhere else in The Bible and are very cryptic words. No one really knows what they are supposed to mean. Tohu has traditionally been tied to the concept of confusion, and bohu is composed of two words: bo, meaning "in it", and hu, meaning "he".

This verse gives us a guide to meditation, as well as the events that preceded creation. The first stage is that of tohu: confusion. Here we experience random thoughts, sights, and feelings, but no real information is conveyed yet. When we enter the state of bohu, we begin to see that in this confusion, there is something there, even though we are unsure about what it is. It is when we start to focus our mind on exactly what is there, that we arrive at the third stage: that of darkness. We have finally exited the confusion and have cleared out mind of any distractions. The fourth stage occurs when we arrive at God's spirit.

Darkness existed before light in The Bible. Without the darkness, the light could never have existed. They are dynamic opposites. There are several psychological truths associated with this idea. One of them is that the brightest lights come from the darkest places. Another important idea is that we have only two choices, either light and dark both exist, or neither exists.

Genesis 1:3-8

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day."

-Genesis 1:3-5

"And God said, let there be a barrier in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the barrier, and divided the waters which were under the barrier from the waters which were above the barrier: and it was so. And God called the barrier Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day."

-Genesis 1:6-8

Water, light, and barrier are each mentioned five times in these two verses. Chronologically, the second day follows the first, but we know from the first day of creation that it was the water that existed before the light. It was the division of the water that created this light. God then separated the darkness from the light, in the same way that he separated the waters. One way to visualize this is to picture a circle with a line drawn straight through its center. Water exists on both sides of the line and in the circle, but on one side only light exists, and on the other only darkness exists.

We also find the intriguing notion that Heaven is a barrier. Let’s go back to Genesis 1:1. “In the beginning, God created heaven and earth.” This shows us that there is a barrier between us and God.

Water in the Bible is not meant in the way that we think of it today. It was used as a way to metaphorically represent the basic building blocks of our existence. Water is like DNA, or atoms, except for one big difference: it originally didn't hold any information. It was only when God acted upon it that it began to conduct information.

Genesis 1:9-10

“And God said, the waters under the barriers shall be gathered together to one place, and dry land shall be seen: and it was so. And God named the dry land earth; and the gathering of the waters he named seas: and God saw that it was good.”

-Genesis 1:9-10

First God separated the waters into two parts. Then, in one half, he created light from the water. Each side has water, one side is light, and the other is dark. In this verse, we are told that God took the waters from under the barrier. This would be the light side, or the physical world.

Remember that the waters did not conduct any information until God acted through them. On this day we are told that “it was good”, because it was the first time that God used the water to convey information: land was created.

Genesis 1:11-13

“And God said, the earth shall send forth vegetation, seedbearing plants and fruit trees that produce their own kinds of fruit with seeds, shall be on earth: and it was so. And the earth sent forth vegetation, plants bearing their own kinds of seeds, and trees producing fruit containing their own kinds of seeds. God saw that it was good. It was evening and it was morning, a third day.”

-Genesis 1:11-13

A sin was committed on this day. We see that what God asked for was a “fruit tree”, but what the earth gave him was a “tree producing fruit”. There is a very distinct and important difference between the two. A “fruit tree” is literally a tree that is a fruit in its totality. A “tree producing fruit” is one that is not a fruit itself, but creates fruit that can be taken from it. It was as if the tree said “You can’t have me, I won’t give myself to you. I will make a thick bark and thorns to protect myself. Instead of myself, I will give you my offspring.”

This story sets the stage of the sin of Adam and Eve. For it was their consumption of a fruit produced from a “tree bearing fruit”, that caused their fall from the Garden of Eden. This also gives us a greater insight into stories such as the sacrifice of Isaac, Abraham’s son.

Another important piece of information is conveyed in this day as well. Even though the earth disobeyed God’s command, He still comments that “it was good”. The transgression was a part of God’s plan, and this gives us some more important insight into the story of Adam and Eve.
Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:38 PM   #2
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger
Default Re: Unlocking The Bible

you should break this post down into smaller fragments

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
7EL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:54 PM   #3
I-Legit
Fuckin' Left

I-Legit grasshopper

u cant break down whats meant to be said........if so..u should already know....and u should, we're smarter then what people wrote thousands of years ago....if not...then.......someones been lieing to you
I-Legit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:04 PM   #4
halv

one need not waste time deciphering a thing - just look in front of you and see
Old 06-28-2005, 05:16 PM   #5
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Legit
u cant break down whats meant to be said........if so..u should already know....and u should, we're smarter then what people wrote thousands of years ago....if not...then.......someones been lieing to you
not always true.

bring plato(or insert other famous greek philosopher here) back and you and him go at a mental duel, who do you think wins that one.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:37 PM   #6
Decka
Veteran Member

Decka crouching tiger

I think if plato saw a computer he would die of shock!
Old 06-28-2005, 06:06 PM   #7
WolfMan
The Moon Knight

WolfMan grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to WolfMan

Didn't someone post this a couple of days ago?
Blessing To The Reader.
WolfMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 05:14 AM   #8
Charles Jones fan

002 drunken masta002 drunken masta

the bible is pure bullshit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Don't be complaining to me when your bitch plays your ass and takes your money.

002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:27 AM   #9
Golden_Armz
DA TRIBEZMAN

Golden_Armz grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Legit
we're smarter then what people wrote thousands of years ago
Those smarter people learnt from the ancients.
Golden_Armz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:28 AM   #10
Golden_Armz
DA TRIBEZMAN

Golden_Armz grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oo2
the bible is pure bullshit.
No its not, parts of it have been tampered with over time, which make part of it void....

read some bible facts before you judge
Old 06-29-2005, 06:47 AM   #11
GuardianOne
Taoist Saint

GuardianOne grasshopper
Send a message via Skype™ to GuardianOne

Well someone said the modern bible has 40 chapters removed. Whilst people like the Roman Catholics write their own chapters or verses.

Don't know how true that is?

Peace
GuardianOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:48 AM   #12
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

i wonder where they would hide the real bible

my guess is they were smart enuf to not write it down
Old 06-29-2005, 11:54 AM   #13
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianOne
Well someone said the modern bible has 40 chapters removed. Whilst people like the Roman Catholics write their own chapters or verses.

Don't know how true that is?

Peace
word, thats true.

much of the bible is collected scriptures, you need to edit a lot in order to sustain a flow.

the catholic church ie would not approve of women being priests as the Bible forbids this. however, ancient christian scriptures uncovered showed that jesus approved of such being possible.

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:24 AM   #14
Golden_Armz
DA TRIBEZMAN

Golden_Armz grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHX
i wonder where they would hide the real bible

my guess is they were smart enuf to not write it down
I dont know how true this is, but i once remember hearing, some original Isa' (Jesus) scriptures are under protection, somewhere in Africa or Arabia, i think it is by some Muslims. If someone can prove this wrong or right lemmee know... PEACE
Old 06-30-2005, 09:47 AM   #15
GuardianOne
Taoist Saint

GuardianOne grasshopper
Send a message via Skype™ to GuardianOne

I'll have to check first i have some close friends up that side. Cause that were i also heard Noah's Ark (that its on some mountain and the structure is big like a soccer stadium) and i'll try and attach the photos.
GuardianOne is offline   Reply With Quote