news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 06-30-2005, 07:36 AM   #1
06griffinle
Don Magic Wand

06griffinle grasshopper
Default do u think the wu have sold themselves out

i know this may sound controversial but i reckon from after the w album the wu have not been the same exception masta killa, i mean stuff they din have to release like nail varnish and shit its ridculous, i feel this is how the wu went hay wire if they just concentrated on their music and nuthin else they would still be the best in the game
and its like the stuff they release nowadys is like they dont put any effort into it and just release an album for a money making scheme what ya'll think
Old 06-30-2005, 07:38 AM   #2
6thPlanet
Banned

6thPlanet grasshopper
Default Re: do u think the wu have sold themselves out

Respect Wu-Tang Clan
6thPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:41 AM   #3
PolitiC
Brainz Fried

PolitiC grasshopper

awww shit another1 of these threads....

Lets Connect Politic-Ditto

PolitiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:44 AM   #4
6thPlanet
Banned

6thPlanet grasshopper

http://www.westcoastrydaz.com/ThaCin...eo/The_RZA.wmv
Old 06-30-2005, 08:00 AM   #5
6thPlanet
Banned

6thPlanet grasshopper

http://mafianegrarecords.tripod.com/...sik256kbps.wmv
Old 06-30-2005, 08:07 AM   #6
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

wu-tang got greedy and tried to make that chingy/nelly money and i hasnt worked for them.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:14 AM   #7
6thPlanet
Banned

6thPlanet grasshopper

They made history.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:35 AM   #8
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

naw...thier just old now...all mc get that way.... but in solos some do pretty good ...like gza
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:10 AM   #9
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36
wu-tang got greedy and tried to make that chingy/nelly money and i hasnt worked for them.
Just to add to what Wade has said, (and I may be speculating) some of them had to move label and in the process they went from wanting to be on small labels where they sell less records but get bigger cuts to being on bigger labels where they get smaller cuts in the hope of selling more. Some offcourse went the small label route with the intention of using their reputations to notch up sales.

But in all honesty I think Ghost and Meth perhaps compromised (but not necessarily sold out) their music whereas Rea, Deck and co pritty made the made albums on past reputations so i don't know about selling out. I would however agree with anyone who said they were lazy though

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:16 AM   #10
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

you can link all of wu-tangs problems to arrogence and bad business decisions.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 06-30-2005, 09:27 AM   #11
Raptics
Veteran Member

Raptics grasshopper

^^True. Plus there is just too many of them. If it were just meth and rza on the beats meth would be idolized like pac and big right now.
Raptics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:38 AM   #12
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptics
^^True. Plus there is just too many of them. If it were just meth and rza on the beats meth would be idolized like pac and big right now.
But they have enough producers and behind the scene staff to take care of all of them. Its just that they are choosing not to do so. Meths not the only one, imagine Deck, Rae or Ghost releasing consistently instead of half assed albums that are so long past it they are just corny.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:40 AM   #13
Raptics
Veteran Member

Raptics grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts
But they have enough producers and behind the scene staff to take care of all of them. Its just that they are choosing not to do so. Meths not the only one, imagine Deck, Rae or Ghost releasing consistently instead of half assed albums that are so long past it they are just corny.
Ya their all good too but 15 year old white girls are gunna go out and by meths album rather than any of those.
Raptics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:45 AM   #14
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptics
Ya their all good too but 15 year old white girls are gunna go out and by meths album rather than any of those.
15 year old white girls used to own OB4CL. I know cuz I was 15 when it came out.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:51 AM   #15
THE W
ISRAELITE

you're a girl?