news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-12-2006, 07:52 PM   #16
Kenny Powers
quik one

Kenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken masta

- You would sellout too if you were a broke rapper who had never seen money like the labels were throwing at you before. I am sick of people blaming rappers for "selling out", so just because someone goes on mtv to promote their album to make $, they're a sellout? Thats messed up...

Last edited by Kenny Powers; 05-14-2006 at 09:13 AM.
Kenny Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:16 PM   #17
ironwizard
Veteran Member

ironwizard grasshopper

[quote=pussy-with-teeth]black people = downfall of hip hop[quote]

No. Increasing love for money over art = downfall of hiphop.

I think it's wrong to make this a racial issue. Black people are no different from white people when it comes to "selling out". I believe the reason you say this is because there are generally more black people in hiphop, thus making it seem like they are the only ones sacrificing art for profits.
ironwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:32 PM   #18
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

yea, the man has way to much control over the rap game, and it's fucked up i agree with you mang. but thats just how it is, once something becomes trendy coprorate america eats it up and kills it...thats just how the beast works...but like you said some artists refuse to give in and will keep it real. the problem with today is really simple, people aren't concerned enough with the music, thats really what it boils down too, people focusing on too much other shit.

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:50 PM   #19
MaShPG
MASTER deBATER

MaShPG grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussy-with-teeth
black people = downfall of hip hop
uh...you mean the birth of Hip Hop?

once white people tried to capitalize offa Hip Hop the downfall began. You backpackers keep complaining, I'll keep supporting.

WHAT'S GOING ON?
MaShPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:28 PM   #20
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Good thread CJ. Ain't seen u in a min. Get at me sometime. At the moment, I aint gonna comment on this tho cuz, somebody always get offended when you talk about white ppl in hip-hop and I'm tryin to get through to all audiences at the moment. Knockin white folks right now is bad PR.

One.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:30 PM   #21
{Godly}

You can't just blame white people, like shit. I'm a white boy and if i fuckin owned a record label I would not allow any of the people that work at the label attempt to guide the artist. I would much rather have my artists putting out good shit that they can be proud of, not shitty pop albums that arent even good in the pop world and make the artist feel like shit about it
Old 05-13-2006, 10:13 PM   #22
Definitive X
Now known as Defcee

Definitive X grasshopper

Everybody's wrong! There, I think I just offended everyone...SOMEONE LOCK THIS THREAD! It's stoooopiiiiid...

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
=Akrobatik
Definitive X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:50 PM   #23
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

the problem with the hiphop biz is greed. greed has no skintone.

white people are the reason that artists are multiplatinum. they're the ones buying the records.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Last edited by THE W; 05-15-2006 at 11:04 PM.
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:29 AM   #24
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Suge Knight destroyed the idea/image of black men owning and operating a record label. Black owned labels are looked at in a different light now since Suges reign. Now the public just assumes its a front 4 money laundering or drug trafficking. * cough, cough ...Murder Inc.) Look at some of a labels from the past and in the game as of right now ...... just look at how these men who want to appear as legitimate business owners present themselves and act. Russell Simmons and RZA seem to be the only individuals out there who have their acts together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:32 AM   #25
planet€urope

planet€urope grasshopper

So according to your analysis white people invented the jiggy style and told people like Jay Z,Puffy and 50 to rap about money and cars. I think thats totally racist bullshit. There are many whilte label owners like peanut butter wolf (Stones Throw with Madvillain/Wildchild/Madlib) or DJ Design (Look Records with AG/Foreign Legion) who supprt the real hip hop.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:59 AM   #26
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

let´s all make mixed babies and see what kind of hiphop they form.
Professor Poopsnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 05:19 AM   #27
the insignificant
SLIMEY SAVAGE

the insignificant shaolin monk

the problem with hip hop is that it became popular culture... regardless of whether it's a white guy at the top or not, someone who has no idea of where the artist came from has no business to tell them what kind of music to make... but this is an issue the artist should be sorting out before they sign the dotted line...
the insignificant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:31 AM   #28
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the problem with hip hop......if i hear that one more time i have to vomit for real!!!!!!!!

what about techno music and rock? they are popular, too, and techno at least had it´s popularity/mainstream peak right before hiphop and then came the overkill. still they are not dead i would say. i´m no expert in that music but i guess i can say that they have a kind of culture that lives on. same with rock. i mean there is so much bullshit coming out but the "real rockers" don´t care. and i believe that hiphop will survive, too. right now, (in germany) you hear everywhere black music - rap and bullshit, r´n´b - but only a few small jams, concerts or even hiphop-party (i never was at a location with a hiphop-party, nor did i see a flyer or sumthin except my own houseparty).

take a deep breath and exhale. repeat this a few times. take a marker and tag. get your adidas and do sixsteps. take a mic and rhyme. spin the wheels of steel.

"hip hop isn´t some giant living in the hillside. it´s you, me, everybody." - mos def

inshallah
Old 05-14-2006, 06:33 AM   #29
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Bitch
So many txt.
that´s cute.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:48 PM   #30
{Godly}

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
the problem with the hiphop biz is greed. greed has no skintone.

white people are the reason that artists are multiplatinum. they're the ones buying the records.
lmao that IS true

Last edited by THE W; 05-15-2006 at 11:04 PM.