news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-14-2006, 02:52 PM   #31
Right.
Banned

Right. grasshopper

I'm cute.

Black or white people I'm not a big fan of record companies.
Right. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 01:38 PM   #32
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE BRINGS RACE INTO HIP-HOP!!!!

Let me explain....

People say that once the white rappers came into the rap game, the rap game got dummer... come on, be real... There has been white rappers since the 80's.... WISE UP BITCHES!

People saying all the wack rappers is black, 50 cent, Benzino(half white, I know), Ja Rule, T.I., blabla... Not true... Two words, one name! Paul Wall!!!

People saying all white rappers is wack, NOT TRUE!!! Kno (genius with the beats, and he's good on the beats).... Cage... I still haven't heard a single person saying Hell's Winter is wack, and if I ever hear it, the dude saying it got no sense of rap at all.....

the black started rap? Naaw man, the hoods started rap... Rap didn't start in africa, but rap is influenced by alot of african music... And because many of the dudes living in the hoods in USA is black, people says that the black started hip-hop while the truth is that the hood started rap.....

IT'S ALL ABOUT IF YOU'RE RICH OR NOT!!! UNDERSTAND IT BITCHES!!!

I do admit that black people usually got a different sounding voice, but that's not what people have been complaining about when they talk about the death of rap....
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:05 PM   #33
Klawful

Klawful crouching tiger

You cant say that white people are part of the downfall of hip hop when its mostly whites who buy hiphop albums.
That would be the reason why "White People" tell the artists what they want to hear, because they are selling mainly to a white audience
Klawful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:03 PM   #34
TiKaL
Cultivator

TiKaL grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to TiKaL Send a message via Yahoo to TiKaL

You got to be a fucking moron to think anyone who runs a record company sees any other color than Green, ...
Old 05-16-2006, 01:29 AM   #35
staycreepin_n_silence
Veteran Member

staycreepin_n_silence shaolin monk

lol well that's life black people can't market themselve. Being a black man thats understanding the business world one thing you have to remember, Cash rules everything I though WU tang told you and, whites invest in black talent. Be it hiphop, r&b, Jazz, blues, reggae, football, basketball and even baseball. Shucks look at bonds if he was a white man about to break babe ruth record do you know that it wouldn't be a problem if the guy juice up before the next game. Seriously bonds won't go down in history let them have it bonds will only go down in shame. Whites can make and break someone look at OJ, look at Michael Jackson, when the white fans of Wu tang disband it will be over for wu tang as we know it. So get use to it and invest the little you get from the whites that invest in you, because in the end little susie and zach will contine on at harvard at your expense while lil bookey, and pumpkin will have to struggle at the local community college.

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart
staycreepin_n_silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:08 AM   #36
Alesco
ADEPT

Alesco grasshopper

[QUOTE=iove]the problem with hip hop......if i hear that one more time i have to vomit for real!!!!!!!!

what about techno music and rock? they are popular, too, and techno at least had its popularity/mainstream peak right before hiphop and then came the overkill. still they are not dead i would say. Techno music is alive and fighting. And there is lots of blacks and whites, all get along jus fine. Race has nothing to do with techno music (well, not in a negative way) I am speeking of real techno by the way (underground) Not wot u see on mtv, which makes me laff every time.. I dont think hip hop is all that bad. A mean, there is allways gonna be, he aint doing that, or they done this.. Hip hop music has a great cultre, with other forms of expresion like break dancing, grafiti art. They are both alive becoz of hip hop.. The devil be a fucked up guy. And he must be stopped..
Alesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:55 AM   #37
JackTrippa718JR
Veteran Member

JackTrippa718JR grasshopper

The white boss isn't the only one to blame. So is the black rapper. They are partners in crime on this charge.
JackTrippa718JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:01 AM   #38
venex
aka PROFIT

venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex

all I wanna say is: whites may run most of the record companies, but you def don't gotta hate them for that!

fuck racism!!!!!!
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:48 AM   #39
g_flex
The Dark Matter

g_flex shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to g_flex Send a message via Yahoo to g_flex

there are no blacks or white in the country i reside but they are still a bunch of fucked up in the ass mafuckas who dont listen to whut ' u want to do'..they fuckin want u to do whut they want....i knw ppl ova here who claim 'they managed US based undergrnd artiste but fuckin shit on ur face n tell u that u shudnt do whut u wanna do coz u cant make money...radio n consumers are at fault for supportin bullshit music first of all...colors aint got shit ta do wit it..

And I'ma remain in the scene and reign supreme and go to many extremes by any means
g_flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:10 AM   #40
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones
They be telling rappers and r&b singers how their music is supposed to sound so they can sell records. First of all, how can a white man tell a black artist how their music should sound when white people can't relate to blacks? LOL. White people aren't black. White people don't live in the hood and they don't see the stuff that blacks in the hood see everyday. A black artist should rap or sing about what they see and what they know. That's why so many rappers suck today because they're caught up in talking about ignorant shit like their cars, jewelry, money, clothes, sex, violence because that's what the white man who is in charge of the record companies telling them to talk about that because that's what sells. I'm also disappointed in a lot of rappers who have been in the game a long time that are signing with mainstream labels because that's what selling. I'm talking about Mobb Deep and M.O.P. They have really disappointed me because Mobb Deep and M.O.P. don't need 50 Cent to sell records. They both have been in the game long enough to stay underground and have their own record labels. If they were smart which they aren't, they should've been saving their money so they can have their own record companies and continue to make the kinda music they wanna make. I also wanna talk about R Kelly, LL Cool J, Ludacris, Nas, Snoop Dogg, Charlie Wilson of The Gap Band. They have also fell victim to changing with the times and changing their styles to sell records. Charlie has Justin Timberlake and Will I.A.M. of Black Eyed Peas on his new album. Justin Timberlake on a Charlie Wilson album? Hahahahahahahahahaha. I can't believe Charlie put that clown on his album. I'm sure his record company told him to do that. Charlie should've collaborated with Skip Martin of Dazz Band, Cameo, James Taylor of Kool And The Gang on his album instead of these wack artists. LL has really fell victim to changing his style to appeal to the wack black teenagers today who buy music. The r&b artists he has on his new album is really pathetic. He shouldn't have gone that route because he's been in the game long enough that he doesn't need to go platinum. He should've kept it hardcore. So many black singers and rappers spend their money foolishly and that's why they don't have their own record companies and they aren't in control of their publishing. My point regarding this topic is black artists need to be in control of their music and own their own record companies so they can make the music they wanna make because if i was a artist, i'd be damn if a white man is gonna tell me how my music should sound when he's not black.

That's why artists like Scarface, Too Short, MC Ren, Geto Boys, Cormega, Kool G Rap, Rakim, UGK, MC Eiht, Spice 1, Paris, Public Enemy, KRS One, Jeru The Damaja, Freddie Foxxx, Canibus, Wu Tang, Boot Camp Click and other underground artists will always be respected by black men in the streets because they will never sell out and make wack music that the white man who runs the record companies want them to make. Of course these artists would like their music to sell but when they don't sell records, they don't give a damn because they're making their music for the streets and their music is real. Artists need to remember that rap music started in the streets and it should be kept in the streets. Like Dr Dre said when he was with NWA, if NWA would've made radio records, they would've failed because they didn't wanna make radio friendly records. They wanted to make music that was real and that's why they were successful. Same thing with Ice T. He didn't wanna make music for the radio. His music was for the streets because he came from the streets and he was a hustler and gang banger.

This is basically the most ignorant shit i've ever read in my life. White people should own record lables cause they're not from the hood?, and other gay shit like that. Wow, so why doesn't Puffy keep his shit "Real" and his artists "Real" since BIG. Plus im positive 100% that there's more poor white people that black ones, but you know, they're cancelled out cause all white people are filthy rich and out of touch with the world.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #41
Panama
Dutch Masta

Panama grasshopper

I like white girls.
Panama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:00 PM   #42
Wu-tang Fan
Veteran Member

Wu-tang Fan drunken mastaWu-tang Fan drunken mastaWu-tang Fan drunken masta

Well I am quite willing to post in racial related threads (even though it wasn't to start with), but I must say that I think everything that can be said has already been said. And yeah, it's what background you come from, not what colour you are(heck, I thought White and Black aren't colours, no?). And B.T.W., all ya'll guys getting offended by ppl saying that white ppl mess up some things, just relax. It's not even racist. I think you are just jumping on the people's backs who are even mentioning the word "white" in a negative context. I can understand the sort of business guy who would try and tell artists what to do, but it doesn't matter if he's white or black. He could have been White and from the hood, or Black and from some posh suburb. Heck, didn't notice how long this post has gotten! But yeah, that's all really. Peace!
Wu-tang Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:15 PM   #43
Damo_Suzuki

Damo_Suzuki grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Damo_Suzuki

You know what I hate? People that moan about oppression and then hug the shackles that enslave them, people that moan about being exploited and then spend their money on designer label and brand name clothes and fund those that strive to control them.
Damo_Suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 05:08 PM   #44
White_Mouse
student of the culture

White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to White_Mouse Send a message via Yahoo to White_Mouse

i hate today's mainstream rap!!!!
well most of it anyway.
when are they gonna start puttign some true substance in it anyway.
eminem gave it a brief revival and Kanye made it ok to talk about Jesus
(which should be a given smh)
but when is there gonna be somthing that will change the game so i can get back to watching BET and not "botties exposed television". (shai linne)
White_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:24 PM   #45
R3beLuTionAry
IP RELAY OPERATOR

R3beLuTionAry grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to R3beLuTionAry

not about racism, but classism?? are you out of your mind??? lol j/k. nah its true
R3beLuTionAry is offline   Reply With Quote