news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #1
Rorschach
Sean.

Rorschach shaolin monk
Default The "Things In Hip Hop That You're Sick Of" Thread

• Rapper's bringing out clothing lines - See Todd Smith, State Property, Snoop Wear, Shady Ltd, G-Unit clothing, Rocawear...and yes...Wu-Wear. Stick to the music.
  • East Vs. West Vs. South Vs. Whoever, let's have a bit of unity in the hip hop community, the music will be better that way.
  • Folks who think you're ignorant just because you'd rather listen to the beat than lyrics...was there a rule saying you can't?
  • Every new rapper coming out claiming to a pimp or a player. Knowing damn well they were a virgin until the release of their first CD.
Feel free to add on...
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #2
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

^^ co-sign

to add,
+Sample Clearance
+ Biting Samples
+ Re-using Samples
+ Big Record Labels Censorting Artists
+ Backpackers(how can you honestly only like ONE style of hiphop....)
+Duets With Wack R&B cats/bitches
+Coroporate America's huge involvment in the rap game
+ The Music Videos of today
+The Mainstream appeal, i can't stand seeing these fakeclowns who front like they know/love rap just cause theyre trying to be a thug. you know, the corny white burban kids people alwyas post up in their rooms flexing a pink wifebeater saggin bants doorags with tupac and 50cent posters all over the place throwing up a gang sign(most of the time incorrectly) and most likely theyre not even a part of that gang.
+The persicution rappers face today for being creative
+That every underground head constantly has to compare artists
+Peoples collections of hiphop are on their computers today
+Nobody comes out to show love at shows, its a lot harder today to get people out supporting hiphop
+Everyone runs their hood and is some hard billybadass, That image has become the standard and it's ridiculious for a lot of these rap dudes to front like that
+People don't dig anymore
+BEEF

i could go on and on and on, shits fucked up in the game.

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #3
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to brown_dogg

Too many guns and shit like that, and then people wonder why some of us are sterotypical. When you have blondes like Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton all over the media, it leaves an impression on the people. We always see them so we think "yea blondes aren't the smartest ppl on the planet". Same thing goes for rappers. You always hear their songs about guns and shit like that, so then we think "yea rappers are always about guns and violence."
Old 05-03-2006, 08:45 AM   #4
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

*R&B remixes/collabs
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:55 AM   #6
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

No one said the wu was perfect.
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #7
Funk_Dock
Wu_gambino

Funk_Dock grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Funk_Dock

not hearing any thing decent on the radio

still standin tall
Funk_Dock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:47 PM   #8
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Coke,sex,guns,lies,shit that artist be buyin w/ they $, etc.

One.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:54 PM   #9
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

OK. I'm sick of

- Dirty South (OutKast excluded)
- bling-bling raps
- pimps and pushers
- G-Unit
- oversized Wu-Fam (hate me now)
- No Limit Records
- Crunk mania anywhere
- Timbaland sound causing lack of samples
- record labels with two signed artists, just to show how independent a star is
- fucked up contracts, as Nas on Def Jam and MOP on G-Unit
- nd DEEEEEEFINITELY rap verses of 3 lines on R&B shit (3 R&B lines on a rap shit ain't so bad)
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #10
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

I am sick of these so called 'real' rappers that are always going on about puffy, g-unit etc etc fucking shit up for them. No commercial rap did not fuck them up, their own dumbass shit material fucked them up.

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:45 PM   #11
Kenny Powers
quik one

Kenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken masta

1) Rappers talking about their political views (Eminem, Kayne, etc...). Theres a reason why your a rapper and not a politican, no one wants to hear your dumbass views.
2) People featuring biggie and tupac in their songs (Ghostface, biggie duets, Resurrection) still. Maybe this was a good idea a few years ago, but can't they just r.i.p?
3) Rappers acting (DMX, Ja Rule, 50 Cent, Ludacris, Eminem). I like DMX because he is a good rapper, not because he makes some crappy movie with steven segal.
4) "Hip-Hop" stations on the radio... All the "Hip-hop" stations I get play pop, all i hear is mariah carey, chris brown, or reggareton every second.
5) LL Cool J taking his shirt off, we get it your a lot more ripped than us...
6) No name rappers from the south... they all come in the game with the exact same persona claiming their a pimp, or ride on 24's, or 'crunk'...
7) If i have to listen to that "laffy taffy" song one more time i am going to kill myself...
8) Unlikily concert combinations... Wu Tang is coming to the Univesity of Hartford this weekend with none other than the Ying Yang Twins...
9) Bad lyricists, I wouldnt be surprised if I could beat half the rappers out there now in a battle.
10) People getting their perception of rap from MTV and BET, they create the sterotypes that exist in hip hop and are the reason why rap is looked at as a joke to the common public.

- On another note, dont hate on rappers for "selling out" and going for more money, you would do it too if there was millions of dollars up for grabs.
Kenny Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #12
soulonice413
Cuttin Headz

soulonice413 shaolin monk

young jeezy and diplomats bein labeled as gangsta rap
Old 05-03-2006, 09:43 PM   #13
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

show the fuck are you gonna say diplomats isn't on the gangster tip son youre lying to yourself or are unfamiliar with the diplomat catalauge.

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:46 PM   #14
MaShPG
MASTER deBATER

MaShPG grasshopper

muhfuckaz complaining about hip hop and being pessimistic backpackers 24/7.

WHAT'S GOING ON?
MaShPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #15
Fucking Haters.
Banned

Fucking Haters. grasshopper

Beef/s.
Fucking Haters. is offline   Reply With Quote