news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-04-2006, 04:02 PM   #16
4-Bar Killer
criminologyrap

4-Bar Killer grasshopper

but you really dont mean that about 50 do you? It's so obvious that dre and em signed because of the $.. 50 aint got nothing lyrical, GZA explains this the best way in the wu-manual.. you got that one?

I can't remember it all, but he uses Ins Triumph line:

"queen B's ease the guns in"

but the "normal" rapper (as 50) would say:

"I got to the club, passed the gun to my shorty." or something.

that pretty much shows the whole point..
Old 05-04-2006, 05:15 PM   #17
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to brown_dogg

^ point made.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #18
Luther Large
Veteran Member

Luther Large shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpOk3N
If Dude Think 50's Better than WU, then leave him with his opinion..

Granted, hes better than ODB, Maybe Cap...but not all of them...

But its up to him as to who's better
i think lyrically odb's better than 50 an no not just cuz he's from wu i just think he's better it may not sound like it cuz the way he raps off beat alot but i see him as a better lyricist 50 could never touch brooklyn zoo and ontop of all that 50 could never do what odb does but i dont know if its likewise

i dont think he's better than cappa at all either 'Milk the cow" is a good example of that

- AZ

Luther Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #19
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WotsGoinDown
inspecktah decks verse dusnt rly make sense , 50's dus

here's some other shit that makes sense:

i was drinkin cristal in tha club
a shorty gave me a back rub
i like bubbles in my bathtub
i'm a nursery rhymer rollin on dubs
Old 05-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #20
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

50 cent has clever also (maybe unintentionally) hilarious lyrics
i think his persona will inevitably make you biased in some way ('hate it or love it') but his lyrics arent as good as anymember of the wu
his records, on the other hand are better than some of the wu
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #21
KBOS
emceeeees kick tha bucket

KBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkey

Quote:
I dnt like 50 cents music , i hate it , but if you look at his lyrics they are good , better than most of the wu-tang clan and some good rappers , he has got skills , you people that think he hasnt got skills , prove that he hasnt.

Eminem n Dr.dre wudnt of signed him up if e didnt av skills.
50cent does have skills, he shows this on ghetto qu'ran, however these are skills he rarely uses these days. 90% of his raps is about dumb generic shit these days. And to say he was ever even remotely better then most of the clan is utter bullshit.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:09 PM   #22
KBOS

KBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkey

Quote:
y wud eminem n dr.dre sign him if his lyrics wer so bad.
It does make sense, however it takes a somewhat intelligent deep thinker to comprehend INS's lyrics.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #23
KBOS

Quote:
y wud eminem n dr.dre sign him if his lyrics wer so bad.
Are you fucking retarded? FYI, incase you didn't know, you don't need to have any skill to get signed these days, take D4L for example. And fix your fucking gramar, you type like a 12 year old girl. People will think you're an idiot if you write like an idiot. If you want to express your opinion do it intelligently.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #24
Dough Snatcher
Veteran Member

Dough Snatcher shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Dough Snatcher Send a message via MSN to Dough Snatcher

I mean come on man, hes just another cli che rapper talking about the same shit. He dosent know how to branch out and or reinvent himself like some other artist. Just take wayne for an example, now i may not be a big fan of this dude but its pretty damn obvious that his whole flow has changed. He aint rappin on the same shit he was way back when.
Oh and why do keep saying Em and Dre wouldnt have signed him if he didnt have skill. Like that justifys anything. Em fell off after "The Marshall Mathers LP" and Dres been bullshiting about putting out a new album since about 04'. Oh and be on the look out for Dres new shit also...In the winter of 2037 some time....

"The earth daughter rest her head on my chest
Through the struggle we cuddle under half-moon crest"
Dough Snatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:44 PM   #25
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

hahaha, I meant to give this herb negative Rep, but I forgot to switch it "I disapprove of this post" before i pressed enter. So he got positive rep and a very hostile comment.

Why the fuck is this guy on a Wu-Tang board if he thinks Deck's shit makes no sense. Wu-Tang is for people with a little mental capacity, who can understand shit.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #26
Kenny Powers
quik one

Kenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken masta

Anyone have a 50 freestyle or ever heard of him freestyling? Then maybe we would see the true 50
Kenny Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #27
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

if this guy did this thread to get a reaction out of people...mission muthf$%%kin accomplished.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:55 PM   #28
Meta4
Poet Of The Streets

Meta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal son

Quote:
I dnt like 50 cents music , i hate it , but if you look at his lyrics they are good , better than most of the wu-tang clan and some good rappers , he has got skills , you people that think he hasnt got skills , prove that he hasnt. Eminem n Dr.dre wudnt of signed him up if e didnt av skills.
That is honestly some of the dumbest shit I have ever read in my life. If you think he is more lyrical or an overall better emcee that most of the clan then you deserve a stupid smack. You can call me groupie or whatever title makes you feel better but your post if fuckin' stupider than most of his lyrics. And he obviously singned with Dre and Em cuz he had potential but became more marketable in the long run. Half the industry<50 lyrically.
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:55 PM   #29
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

I'm sure that you all have heard about the 50 and Mike Jackson collabo, right? It's goin down 4 real. One day I'm hearin the news say that Jackson is layin up in tha mid east and plannin on a comeback and then three days later it's released in the press that 50 is getting ready to work with jackson on either a song or possibly a whole album. Never the less, 50's fame should be crushed in T minus whenever he does this. Nobody can work with Jackson at this point and keep makin $. So, soon we won't have to waste time on talkin about 50 and why he's still makin cash. It's finally coming to an end. Thank the creator.

One.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:27 PM   #30
Kenny Powers
quik one

Kenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken masta

-You really think a 50 cent, jacko collab wont be played 24/7 on mtv/bet? They would make so much money of this and thats whats wrong with the music industry today.
Kenny Powers is offline   Reply With Quote