news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #31
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Lol this thread was fucking hilarious.

^ KYLE WILLIAMS POOPS THE BED ^
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #32
QUYMOBIUZ

QUYMOBIUZ grasshopper

???????

Last edited by QUYMOBIUZ; 08-12-2007 at 09:58 PM.
QUYMOBIUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:49 AM   #33
venex
aka PROFIT

venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther Large
yeah eminem and dre would sign him CUZ HE SELLS in todays game

and in todays game you dont need lyrics to sell

your average rap fan who thinks 50 is the best could give a fuck about profound lyrics

seems to me your thinkin this out all wrong thw wu is and always will be more lyrically gifted than 50 cent
hands down!
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:57 AM   #34
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Bone Collecta grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Bone Collecta Send a message via Yahoo to Bone Collecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-Bar Killer
but you really dont mean that about 50 do you? It's so obvious that dre and em signed because of the $.. 50 aint got nothing lyrical, GZA explains this the best way in the wu-manual.. you got that one?

I can't remember it all, but he uses Ins Triumph line:

"queen B's ease the guns in"

but the "normal" rapper (as 50) would say:

"I got to the club, passed the gun to my shorty." or something.

that pretty much shows the whole point..
lmao 50 has nothing lyrical? looks like ur the one thats been listening to the radio too much.

and just because someone talks about money and clubbing doesnt mean they cant do it in a lyrical way. damn some of u are picky yall must be dull as hell and not go to parties.

Bone Collecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:14 AM   #35
Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
FAGMA LOVES MENS COCK

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition's Avatar

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition

Quote:
oh my god kid

do verses need to be so watered down and bland for you to get them?

you love plain lyrics with no real thot huh

INS verse does make sense u idiot u just gotta look deeper

wu's lyrics are profound stupid ass

50's are bland and plain
co sign

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:08 AM   #36
4-Bar Killer
criminologyrap

4-Bar Killer grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Collecta
lmao 50 has nothing lyrical? looks like ur the one thats been listening to the radio too much.

and just because someone talks about money and clubbing doesnt mean they cant do it in a lyrical way. damn some of u are picky yall must be dull as hell and not go to parties.
fuck you talking bout. There is no thing as radio hip-hop over here, freak. You don't know shit about it. You reads one of my posts and freaks out. I also mentioned that his verse in fx React with Onyx is fucking ill, I haven't denied that 50 got skills. what I meant was 50 got nothing lyrical compared to fx gza. The C.R.E.A.M. freestyle he made was ill too, and The Good Die Young, but I haven't heard a lyrical masterpiece from 50 yet, like on same level as RZA's Impossible verse. But of course 50 can be lyrical.. But there aint no money in rapping wisdom, so of course he wont do it, but he probably can.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:33 AM   #37
Liquid Lines

Liquid Lines grasshopper

This be the problem with the whole industry. All you gotta do is rhyme the same gangsta shit and you get media attention, making him famous.
I would'nt say hes anywhere near the level of the Wu on lyrics but hes got a good flow.
Liquid Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:34 AM   #38
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Someone Bann This Clown!!!!
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:03 AM   #39
Luther Large
Veteran Member

Luther Large shaolin monk

Quote:

this kid thinks he knows everythin

since when does party music have to be lyrical?

- AZ

Luther Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:21 AM   #40
Rorschach
Sean.

Rorschach shaolin monk

Alright, most the posts I've had the displeasure of reading so far have either been so, so bias towards the Wu-Tang that it's untrue, or so bias towards 50 that it's untrue, neither the Wu or G-Unit are gods, they have all made wack songs at some point or another, and all have had career highlights which some of us can only dream of, so get off all of their dicks. You can't pick out Candy Shop or In Da Club and automatically say 50 sucks, because it doesn't work like that. Pick out What's Your Phone number, so Pac sucks? Pick out You Owe Me, so Nas sucks? Pick out Sunshine, so now Jay-Z sucks? And so on.

First of all, I don't like 50 Cent, I've never been particularly impressed by his attitude, he's extremely arrogant about his riches every time I either see a new video, or see him in an interview. The way he treats other rappers out of New York too, he loses a lot of my respect for that. He also catches a lot of hate because of how he built his career and found fame, see How To Rob or his endless disses to Ja Rule, careers built on beef are not very cool in my opinion. While I, like most of you it seems, love music with a message, not all music needs to be thought provoking or with an aim of changing the world. We need an artist who can make us dance, or sing along to their stuff equally as much as we need a GZA. 50 generally makes us dance. GZA usually makes us think. That balance is good for hip hop, and music in general.

But on the other side of things, it's unfair to say 50 is a an idiot and isn't a good lyricist, he's not considered by me or anyone else I doubt a fantastic lyricist, but he is a good lyricist, just not in the way a Wu-Tang fan, or a fan of underground music would think. 50 has written some good songs. They are few and far between, but just because he doesn't write "good" songs doesn't mean he can't. He sprinkles his music, here and there with some good shit. For example, on "Many Men", when he says "Sunny days wouldn't be special if it wasn't for rain/Joy wouldn't feel so good if it wasn't for pain/Death gotta be easy cause life is hard/It'll leave you physically, mentally and emotionally scarred". That's good lyricism.

I've went on for longer than I had planned here, but you get the point.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:14 AM   #41
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Bone Collecta grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Bone Collecta Send a message via Yahoo to Bone Collecta

Quote:
this kid thinks he knows everythin

since when does party music have to be lyrical?
wow ur real stupid

i meant that you CAN be lyrical and do party music. yall acting like just cause he makes some club shit hes not lyrical.

and yes i do know everything

Bone Collecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #42
Ink Is My Drink
Veteran Member

Ink Is My Drink shaolin monk

ok i can imagine hearing this shit somwhere but on the wu official site. dam! wtf
Ink Is My Drink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #43
Luther Large
Veteran Member

Luther Large shaolin monk

Quote:
wow ur real stupid

i meant that you CAN be lyrical and do party music. yall acting like just cause he makes some club shit hes not lyrical.

and yes i do know everything
arite stupid i cant remember the last time i heard a party song and i considered it to be lyrical

prove me wrong becuz i would like to hear this really

- AZ

Luther Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:09 PM   #44
Funk_Dock
Wu_gambino

Funk_Dock grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Funk_Dock

Quote:
arite stupid i cant remember the last time i heard a party song and i considered it to be lyrical

prove me wrong becuz i would like to hear this really
ever heard of naughty by nature?

still standin tall
Funk_Dock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #45
racist randy
Don't grab my jacket dunn

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

umm...i think most peeps think 50 is wack cause he dissed wu. if he didnt i think there would be alot of fans here too. I think hes ok 3.5/5
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote