news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 05-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #1
Icurus
Veteran Member

Icurus grasshopper
Default M:i 3

I also saw M:I 3, but it was not as good as everybody is saying. It's not bad, but it felt like a Alias show. The whole movie was action packed, but I dont know what the plot was. The Rabbit's foot, my girl had to explain it to me, saying that it had to do with selling it to Iraq and framing them. It might be a "anti-god" chemical killing everything in sight. Anyway, Hoffman is barely used, Keri Russell has one big scene thats it. I thought she was the main character next to cruise. Atleast its not one-man cruise this time. The IMF team helps him out. The Twist isn't even a twist, its poorly executed. However, it is a high intense film.
Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched

Last edited by Icurus; 05-06-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Icurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:11 PM   #2
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

saw MI3 last night...and it was much better than i was expecting. i dont expect much from those hollywood blockbusters, and very few have impressed me over the last few years...adn this was one of them.

tom cruise's acting is pretty solid as usual..and the story was very complex, as expected from an MI movie...but at its core, it was quite simple. this is one of those movies that needs to be watched a few more times to pick up on everything...i found myself lost a few times during the mission details...but i got the gyst of it, and understood enough to enjoy the film. ving rhames, maggie Q and laurence fishburne were all welcome additions to the casting..they all did a fine job...personally, i really liked fishburne..too bad he didnt have more to do.

the action, was better than expected. the first action scene had some real shaky camerawork and fast editing, but it worked well enough i thought. well enough that i understood what was going on..thankfully, most of the other action scenes were better shot. there was actually one combat scene that took place in an elevator that really caught me offguard...tom had some pretty neat moves...kinda a pseudo martial arts fight. ultimately, the espionage is what i came to see, and the one or 2 espionage missions were really interesting to watch and see how they unfolded, in good MI style. style points in my book. the film scored big points in my books by the usage of cgi...there was obviously cgi in it, but i thought they were smart about the usage of it...they didnt go overboard with it like i was expecting. there were a few cool stunts thrown in the mix too which tom's double did a good job with.

thats not to say the movie didnt have its flaws...it did...as mentioned b4, some of the camerawork was giving me a headache. thats a biased opinion...being a huge HK fan, i expect cleaner, more precisely shot action. 2ndly, the ending left more to be desired...and the film had its fair share of one liners and cheese...which i'll leave that up to opinion.

overall...pretty good, not magnificent, but defientely better than what i was expecting. the cast did good, the action was pretty solid and the story, while confusin at times, was well done. im impressed.
7.5...or maybe 8 out of 10 for me.
Elaquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #3
Icurus
Veteran Member

Icurus grasshopper

It wasn't complex really. Just the rabbit's foot was a poor man's excuse to do a Hitchcock Mcguffin. If , anything, I still think M:I 2 has the best plot, with all the cool little twist. i didn't think it was as bad as everyone said it was.
Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched
Old 05-06-2006, 02:04 PM   #4
the surgeon
Veteran Member

the surgeon grasshopper

dope film better then part 2 that was just tom cruise and no team didn't feel like a mission impossible movie.The action and camera work was dope and the acting from cruise and especially hoffman was dope.The ending could've been a lot better but overal really gd movie.BTW Kanye West's version of the tune was dope should have been used in the film and not jst the credits
the surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

i thought it was a hella siiick movie.... it never got boring... peace

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:34 AM   #6
DREW-DIE$EL
a.k.a. iKon

DREW-DIE$EL shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to DREW-DIE$EL Send a message via MSN to DREW-DIE$EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icurus
It wasn't complex really. Just the rabbit's foot was a poor man's excuse to do a Hitchcock Mcguffin. If , anything, I still think M:I 2 has the best plot, with all the cool little twist. i didn't think it was as bad as everyone said it was.
seriously? i thought m:I 2 was horrible. trying to hard to be james bond to much. m:I 3 was the best action movie i had seen in a long time.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:25 AM   #7
Icurus
Veteran Member

Icurus grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREW-DIE$EL
seriously? i thought m:I 2 was horrible. trying to hard to be james bond to much. m:I 3 was the best action movie i had seen in a long time.
If you have a chance, watch m 2 again regardless of the parts that made you cringe and all of its flaws. You realize its not that bad, just like you said, a one-man show. Part 3 was good, it just wasn't incredible like a lot of people seem to think. Maybe cause it was a fresh new look at the franchise or maybe cause it was a good action movie and we dont get that in a while.

Phillip Seymore Hoffman was so underused, it wasn't even funny. It was sad. He was the bad guy and you see him in like three scenes. The last 15 minutes of the movie was bad. The first mission, saving the female agent was shot very shaky, but other than that it was very entertaining. It's just that it was written and directed by the creator of lost, and there wasn't anything interesting about the plot, no real twist, and a hollywood boring ending.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:17 PM   #8
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the surgeon
dope film better then part 2 that was just tom cruise and no team didn't feel like a mission impossible movie.The action and camera work was dope and the acting from cruise and especially hoffman was dope.The ending could've been a lot better but overal really gd movie.BTW Kanye West's version of the tune was dope should have been used in the film and not jst the credits

Sorry dude but hip hop got no place in a spy movie.
Cool movie though, very enjoyable.
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:05 PM   #9
galt john galt
run, away - slave!

galt john galt grasshopper

i saw it yesterday. the whole premise was that it was told flash back. the movie was his last mission maybe? he got married but never said anything about quitting.

the criminal was selling rabbit's foot and the weapon that every bad guy has is an anti god destroy the world type schtick, so the action scenes were good for the various missions they enacted. yeah the team did make it more less one headliner .
galt john galt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:51 PM   #10
Thai Gear
Sub Zero

Thai Gear grasshopper

terrible box office numbers

Yes... I did fuck Your Mom
Thai Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:48 AM   #11
Queen Of Poetry
Veteran Member

Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I thought this was a great movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better than 1 & 2!

Queen Of Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:06 AM   #12
ilzPotent
Teflon Imperial

ilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to ilzPotent

boooooo, this movie blew popcorn bits. it started out to video game like to me and hence looked like a ploy to gain sales. crap. 2 was wayyyy better.

CONservative goverMENt
ilzPotent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:16 AM   #13
TUCO
THE DIFFERENCE

TUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killa

saw this yesterday.....the actors was talkin, thats for sure....but wtf were they talkin about half the time!?!?!
i swear even if they hadnt talked id still have the same amount of confusion....i understand the "plot" well by now....and its so cliche its sad
didnt expect that from a sequel of Impossible....the action was nice (as usual) but some of it reminded me of Bad Boys 2 (the type of over the top action that barely has emphasis with the plot)
overall was a disappointing movie but i wont give it a low grade just cuz the action keeps u watching....and OH...u just wanna wait to laugh at the ending cuz u already know wats gonna happen

3/5

TUCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:30 PM   #14
Discipline

Discipline grasshopper

After seeing it, I honestly can say I enjoyed myself. It wasn't amazing and it wasn't bad, but I was desperate to go back to the movies LOL. There really hasn't been that many movies that I was hyped to see, so I felt like seeing this one.

It does have great action moments, but towards the end I got lost on what the plot was about. Hopefully I get my money's worth when seeing The Da Vinci Code on Friday.

Discipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:05 PM   #15
Kenny Powers
quik one

Kenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken masta

mi3 was corny and tom cruise is an alien...
Kenny Powers is offline   Reply With Quote