news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #16
bg357
Master

bg357 grasshopper

nas
rakim
big pun
big l
biggie
b-real
common
talib kweli
mos def
gza
deck
kllah priest
ghostface
raekwon
Old 05-12-2006, 04:30 PM   #17
denaturat
Veteran Member

denaturat grasshopper
Thumbs up

hard to rate rappers, many have distinct styles and personalites, i.e. 2pac and mos-def are different, you can't always compare...like guru for example, I think his flow is a bit off, and his lyrics could improve, but that cat is dope, for whatever reasons, personality, attitude, the shit he says...if he is an true artist, than it is all that matters. if it comes from the heart, who cares about ranking.

the obstacle is the path

Last edited by denaturat; 05-12-2006 at 04:35 PM.
denaturat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:47 PM   #18
The Antagonist
CHAMILLITARY

The Antagonist grasshopper

Couple people already mentioned Kweli, and thats correct.
The Antagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:08 PM   #19
Funk_Dock
Wu_gambino

Funk_Dock grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Funk_Dock

haha, yall fools make me laugh

200 mcs better than pac??? please i could name maybe 10.....you not even lookin at his career, the way he touches people with his records, his diversity, versatility, vocal presence, live performance, industry impact...

on the serious tip, what are u smokin??

still standin tall
Funk_Dock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:13 PM   #20
MaXiMus Da MaNtis
Wu Vatican

MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

2 pac is very overrated more of a pop culture icon than a legend so therefore i cant make a list cuz im not a fan
MaXiMus Da MaNtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:16 PM   #21
Deity Allah
Veteran Member

Deity Allah grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Deity Allah

All of em' (except for Nick Cannon & E-40)
Deity Allah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:31 PM   #22
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

No too many.....I would put Tupac as my top 3.

So my list is:

Rakim
Kool G

thats it.

Im not gonna put loads of those superlogical methphorical backpacker lyricists and say they are better than Pac.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:32 PM   #23
Funk_Dock
Wu_gambino

Funk_Dock grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Funk_Dock

id say hes about 11 in my list.

still standin tall
Funk_Dock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #24
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gambino-
As i said in some other topic:
Pac is hated because of his fame. He is good mc and IMO Pac and BIG were in the same level in overall and if BIG would have that fame then im 100% sure people would talk shit about BIG and Pac would be better. You know, theres nobody talking shit about BIG right now but when it comes to Pac then everybody has something to say. People thinks like when you're favourite mc is Pac then you don't know nothing about rap. Kinda like listening to Eminem or 50 Cent? But fuck that. See, every rapper respects Pac but fans are trying to be more "real" if they're hatin on him and listenin to less known rappers or something like that. Anyway i've been listenin to Pac since 2002 and im proud to say he still is my favourite mc.

Hope ya guys understand what i'm trying to say.
well said!

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:37 PM   #25
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

2many MC's. I got a thing about Pac being a lost prophet that lost his way.

One.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:38 PM   #26
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

He is not only hated because his fame....it is his current fame. So many fans that jumped on Tupac when hiphop blew up after his death. Those people that hate his fame think if he and B.I.G. were still alive they would be struggling to jumpstart their careers like many other vets in the game right now. This could have been true.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:42 PM   #27
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Never Seems like Busta had to struggle cept when his Y2K plan went south.

One.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #28
TUCO
THE DIFFERENCE

TUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killa

ive always been one to knock 'Pac....not skills-wise cuz he's one of the greats...but substance-wise
i just think most of his raps were a lil too depressing....too much thug life and death and struggles
i understand thats where he comin from, no beef with that at all....but ive always believed that if 'Pac had came thru with some real creative stuff...he couldve been bigger than he already is
i love 'Pac....dude deserves alotta credit and is always on my top 5 all time

yall dudes are clowns yo fo real.....i love WU to the death but yo....i aint gonna front and say most of em dudes better than 'Pac
only MC's i can think of that can be better than 'Pac are the Genius and Biggie

TUCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:17 PM   #29
WuTangWarrior
Shittin on E-Gangstas

WuTangWarrior grasshopper

why is tupac hated so much in this site??? he speaks true words about the struggle and sends good messages to people, thats enough to be seen as a great, he does much more than that too, hes not my favorite either. But wtf is up with people saying he sucks, or that he isnt on their top 100, no offense but IMO yall are just mad cause of his fame and it makes me sad too, to see people appreciating pac so much after his death and screamin WESTSIDE and RIP PAC after they havent even listened to atleast 20 tracks by him, and then these people turn their heads and listen to shit like D4L or Dem Franchise Boys. But i still think he is one of the greatest to ever live and impact hip-hop. The words he spoke were amazing, good beats, just everything was solid. As for the thread there are probably like 10 rappers greater than Pac. Thats my take on it.

WuTangWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #30
makalani

makalani grasshopper

plenty rappers better then pac skill-wise. just imagine pac on a posse cut with the likes of nas biggie jay-z, ghostface or some other greats(just for example), and they all spittin straight lyrical shit just rippin it, then this nigga fuck up the song pourin out liqour for his dead homies and shit.

like an above poster said, pac was one dimensional. I never heard a song where he just got off lyrically and got off that deep poetry shit he kick. if you ask me He wasnt that deep, he just talked about death and shit alot, kickin that pseudo-poetry. nas is hip hop's true poet.

Last edited by makalani; 05-12-2006 at 08:23 PM.
makalani is offline   Reply With Quote