news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 12-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #1546
Kingkazim
mighty healthy

Kingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectis View Post
I wanted him to retire after the first tarver fight, because even though I think he is over rated he is still on of my favorites, and I hate seeing people I grew up watching lose like this, that is why I wish B-hop would hang up the gloves in the way, because I dont want him to be like holyfield, or Jones
hmm, thats why i hope he retires in 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey Bone View Post
Key word being ONE of.

No one has the defence of Mayweather, hes on a whole nother plane of thought in that respect.

EPIC SHOULDER ROLLS FTW
thats nice, but i never said nards defense was better
Quote:
I hear winky wright is making a come back

why I dont know
he needs to retire, he blew it against williams
Old 12-04-2009, 09:38 AM   #1547
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

check this out...
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/conte...47e62f9edc175e
^^looks like March 13th it'll be on after all

on a sidenote... anyone peep that recent movie "Tyson"? it's worth a watch for sure. it's interesting to hear his reasons, not excuses, for biting Holyfield and pulling that crazy press conference shit with Lewis. he's a disturbed motherfucker lol
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:47 AM   #1548
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

Quote:
yeah I really wanted to see B-hop beat roy's ass

i dont know of any fight right now for him
I read a great article where the writer suggested that X take on James Toney at Heavyweight to test the waters a little before challenging for the belt. They have never fought, are about the same age, and both have bad attitudes as well as being masterful defensive fighters. As far as that shoulder roll shit goes, Lights Out has had that shit on lock forever! Sounds like a fantastic fight to me, especially since James is in the best shape he's been in for years.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #1549
Kingkazim
mighty healthy

Kingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo View Post
I read a great article where the writer suggested that X take on James Toney at Heavyweight to test the waters a little before challenging for the belt. They have never fought, are about the same age, and both have bad attitudes as well as being masterful defensive fighters. As far as that shoulder roll shit goes, Lights Out has had that shit on lock forever! Sounds like a fantastic fight to me, especially since James is in the best shape he's been in for years.
Toney would definately accept that challenge, he said before that hes the only real old school fighter, and if i recall he said "fuck bernard hopkins he scared of me, il go down to 185 to knock his ass out"
Old 12-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #1550
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

I think Hopkins can get one of the heavyweight belts. Not against one of the Klitschkos (or Haye), but maybe against someone else. The heavyweight class is real weak right now except for the brothers.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #1551
p-rok73
Veteran Member

p-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal son

I think Hopkins has a chance of beating Haye, after all Haye has a loss & also was a cruiserweight, so he's not the biggest heavyweight. Pacman also has a chance vs. Mayweather, I don't hate Money but I also thought he lost vs. Jose Luis Castillo in the first fight. The De La Hoya fight was also close. A dream fight for me would be Pacman vs a prime Julio Cesar Chavez at 135.
p-rok73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #1552
MaXiMus Da MaNtis
Wu Vatican

MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

julio cesar chavez was the ultimate boxing technician....
MaXiMus Da MaNtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:55 AM   #1553
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

march 13th bitch what it do
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:01 AM   #1554
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

how much would a ticket be to watch PBF V PAC? Guesstimately?

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:06 AM   #1555
Tommy
Starvin' individuals kill

Tommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Rai View Post
how much would a ticket be to watch PBF V PAC? Guesstimately?
I'm not exactly sure, but for a fight like that I'd reckon $150 would be the cheapest. I wouldn't count on getting one though, those shits are gonna go like hot cakes.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:12 AM   #1556
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i dont think march is enough time to get trained for one of the biggest fights of all time. they should be training for 6 months for that.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #1557
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I'm not exactly sure, but for a fight like that I'd reckon $150 would be the cheapest. I wouldn't count on getting one though, those shits are gonna go like hot cakes.
haha you joking right?

you wont get a ticket for that fight for less than 2,500 unless you manage to get one the official way - which wil be impossible.

the better seats will go for up to 10,000.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #1558
benzo
Wu Vatican

Quote:
haha you joking right?

you wont get a ticket for that fight for less than 2,500 unless you manage to get one the official way - which wil be impossible.

Weren't you the cat that just said there's NO WAY it's going down in March? And again here....you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. If it lands at Cowboys Stadium, a whole 20 minutes from my crib, I'll post my ticket so you can be proven wrong again.
Unlike othe parts of this board, people here are SERIOUS about this shit and many, like myself, have been addicted for 10-15 years to the game. Opinions are welcomed but there's no need to keep coming in just to try to contadict what the last man said. Nobody here gets amused by that shit. Peace.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #1559
Tommy

Quote:
haha you joking right?

Nah, I'm not joking. I've been in vegas for these big fights and obviously the touts are gonna be looking for a lot of money, but the honest route prices for the nosebleed seats may possibly be looking at $150-$200.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #1560
Tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXiMus Da MaNtis View Post
julio cesar chavez was the ultimate boxing technician....
Lol, I wouldn't really say that but each to his own. JCC was the archetypal mexican boxer brought up on the premise of "take 3 punches to land one".