news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 03-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #1906
PALEFORCE
penalty boxed user

PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

he did that against cintron too...kermit was 30 -0 with 27 ko then margarito koed his ass in the first rounds...
PALEFORCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #1907
Tommy
Starvin' individuals kill

Tommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
you went to US to watch the fight? how much were tickets?
I've been to the US a lot of times for major fights, the next one I go to will be Mayweather and Mosley. Erm, I think the tickets for that one were like $50 each for the furthest out seats? Pretty good price considering it was a huge Mexico-Puerto Rican showdown.

I'd definitley recommend it to anyone, if you see a big fight being advertised then go for it.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #1908
Tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALEHORSE View Post
he did that against cintron too...kermit was 30 -0 with 27 ko then margarito koed his ass in the first rounds...
Yeah, Margarito really fucked himself over with that hand wraps thing. All of his wins are now being scrutinised by everyone, and to be fair, when you look at them closely you can kinda tell that something was up. No wonder nobody wanted to fight him, props to P Will for beating him at that time.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #1909
PALEFORCE
penalty boxed user

PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i agree, and personally i think margarito is disguting and should be stripped of all accolades and banned from boxing, he could have killed someone if he wasnt such a pussy he needed to fight with cast on.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:58 PM   #1910
p-rok73
Veteran Member

p-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal son

^^ I agree, I lost all respect for Margacheeto after the Mosley fight. As for Clottey, I remember him losing energy in his fight with Cotto. The last rounds he was chasing Cotto but not really throwing punches either. He might have a harder time with Pacman if Pac senses that Clottey is tiring in the latter rounds, I also like Freddie Roach, he'll find ways to make adjustments. I'm not too convinced with Clotteys corner, I think this is their first fight together ( head trainer, I forgot the part time locksmith's name).
p-rok73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #1911
Tommy

I'm not sure how anyone could forgive or respect Margarito after that disgusting shit was brought out; best believe if Nazim Richardson (a boxing genius) didn't see that he'd still be cheating with it and battering people illegally. It just brings a bad name to boxing and gives people flashbacks of the Billy Collins incident where a guy was basically pummelled with bare fists to the point where he didn't want to live anymore, that's not boxing it's fucking assault. Margarito shouldn't be let back in the ring unless he's fighting in some underground shithole in Mexico somewhere for $10.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #1912
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

Cant wait for the fight tonite. Im sure Pacman will have problem with Clottey, but im always hyped as shit before a big boxing match

Also cant wait to see how the match looks inside Cowboy Stadium and see how many people they got up in there

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...dan&id=4987259

http://www.hbo.com/#/boxing/fights/2...IyMgIAdc8XOA==

Last edited by 11th Chamber; 03-13-2010 at 05:31 PM.
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:40 PM   #1913
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I'm not sure how anyone could forgive or respect Margarito after that disgusting shit was brought out; best believe if Nazim Richardson (a boxing genius) didn't see that he'd still be cheating with it and battering people illegally. It just brings a bad name to boxing and gives people flashbacks of the Billy Collins incident where a guy was basically pummelled with bare fists to the point where he didn't want to live anymore, that's not boxing it's fucking assault. Margarito shouldn't be let back in the ring unless he's fighting in some underground shithole in Mexico somewhere for $10.
tommy does the knowledge!!!!!!!

still feel bad for collins!!!!!!! kids sight was gone after the fight, and you dead right, he didnt wanna live anymore after that mauling!!!!!!!!!!! one of the saddest events in boxing history!!!!!!!!!!

margarito should be looking for work in a home depot parking lot!!!!!!! no place for that!!!! fernando vargas frownin on that!!!!!!!!!!!

excited for the fight tonight, i think paq will take it, but i think hes pussy after the flloyd debacle!!!!!!!! ill be rooting against bob arums jew nazi ass as usual!!!!!!!!!!

mannys rep took a major hit if you ask me!!!!!!! mosely agreed to all the testing and more... mosely is gonna beat up on floyd, whether he wins or loses... manny took the safest fight he possibly could after ducking floyd, im not expecting any suprises!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #1914
PALEFORCE
penalty boxed user

mosley tested positive for roids before and floyd still is fighting him AND waited after hes past his prime and this is mosleys biggest pay day im sure he would have sucked floyd off if it was in the contract but besides floyd this is the best fight manny could have
Old 03-14-2010, 01:43 AM   #1915
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

Pathetic performance by Clottey. Talk about getting your paycheck and being content with just that
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:54 AM   #1916
p-rok73
Veteran Member

p-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal son

^^ Clottey seemed concerned about NOT getting knocked out than winning the fight. A good scrap for Pacman to keep busy and make some $$.
p-rok73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #1917
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Maybe Clottey has an ego thing with not getting hit or knocked out, idk. Alot of Africans are like that, super proud and shit, the last thing he wouldve wanted is to be knocked out in front of all the people watching.

I was dissapointed in the fight overall, Clottey would throw 1 or 2 punches per round, and the funny thing is whenever Clottey actually did show the ambition to punch, he was pretty much hitting Paq everytime. It was like if you wanna hit Manny, you can pretty easily.

Manny's only defence is his constant offence. Which is great and effective, but he can be hit. At ease. If only Clottey had shown more desire to hit, he MIGHT of had more chance. But saying that, Mannys so fast, as soon as you do try to go after him, he WILL catch you flush at some point. So its all or nothing. Clottey went for nothing.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:40 AM   #1918
Kingkazim
mighty healthy

Kingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
Maybe Clottey has an ego thing with not getting hit or knocked out, idk. Alot of Africans are like that, super proud and shit, the last thing he wouldve wanted is to be knocked out in front of all the people watching.

I was dissapointed in the fight overall, Clottey would throw 1 or 2 punches per round, and the funny thing is whenever Clottey actually did show the ambition to punch, he was pretty much hitting Paq everytime. It was like if you wanna hit Manny, you can pretty easily.

Manny's only defence is his constant offence. Which is great and effective, but he can be hit. At ease. If only Clottey had shown more desire to hit, he MIGHT of had more chance. But saying that, Mannys so fast, as soon as you do try to go after him, he WILL catch you flush at some point. So its all or nothing. Clottey went for nothing.
in an interview before the fight clottey said this " Even IF i lose, i want to lose differently to all the other guys pacquiao beat" Clotteys mentality wasnt there, i dont think he even believe he could win.

The thing i noticed about manny is that some of his moves are very repetitive, when an orthodox fighter throws the jab or lead left hook, manny steps back and throws a right hook. When theres medium distance between the two fighters pacquiao leans to the right and throws the left to set up body attack or a right hook (only if the opponent throws a punch while pacman throws that left). So clotteys tower guard defence disabled pacquiao to hit clottey with those looping punches which made cotto, DLH, and Hatton die.

Pacman is beatable but itl take a range of skills to counteract pacquiaos ferociousness, skills that Mawyweather acquires.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:38 AM   #1919
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Floyd can take him, in an ideal world on paper, Floyds style is superior and should win. Unlike Clottey, Floyd uses his defence as his offence, he's defending to set up his punches, unlike Clottey, whos defending just to not get hit. IMO when Paq fights like he does vs Floyd, thats just givin Floyd infinite opportunites to do what he does.

So the more wild punches (Manny doesnt jab) you throw at Floyd, the more your falling into his plan, punches to floyd is like light to a prism, he'll deflect that shit all day. Your just setting yourself up for the counter.

I think Manny and Roach know this, I think they know Mannys style is well suited to Floyd, which is why they wanted more money fights before Floyd. I think this is more likely than Manny being a drug cheat, they probably were just looking for excuses not to fight Floyd, because as soon as they do, and lose, Manny is no longer the games star.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #1920
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lame, gutless performance!!!!!!!!

you knew it was going to be anti-climactic, manny and floyd are both pussy, manny being the bigger pussy!!!!!!

who really thought clottery was gonna win!?!?!? im tired of this shit in boxing, set up some fights that can go either way!!!!!!! bob arums smoke screens are getting easier and easier to see through!!!!!!!!!

on to floyd vs. shane...

shoulda happened years ago, but mosely is still capable of beating up on floyd and keeping him busy!!!!!!!!!!! i think well get actual fight outta that!!!!!!!

floyd gets called out for ducking niggas, but manny hides behind broken english and that jewish nazi arum!!!!!!!!!!!! manny didnt win any fans last night!!!!!!!! thats for sure!!!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote