news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 03-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #1951
Tommy
Starvin' individuals kill

Tommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry! View Post
tommy it seems like the UK niggas i run across in real life are real passionate about the sweet science, thats a good look!!!!! my homie at the barbershop is originally from the UK, hes a huge boxing head and the exchanges are always fresh!!!!! i enjoy reading your take on the sport!!!!!!!

as far as mosely, i think he has the power to drop floyd, the problem is gonna be catching him, i dont know that shane has the footwork to shrink floyds point of attack!!!!!!!!!

its tough to bet against may, i wont be putting any money on the fight, thats for sure!!!!!!!! i just wanna see a war, i wanna see floyd in the fray, i wanna see floyd get hit, i wanna see floyd get hurt, if youre gonna go down as an all time great, you need some wars under your belt!!!!! mosely always been a favorite of mine, was shocked when he got caught doping.. but hes still a beast with all that behind him, so ill be pulling for shane!!!!! im confident itll be an entertaining fight!!!!!!

and yo what was clotterys problem!?!?!?! i think he coulda really fucked mannys shit up if he just took some chances, he was getting through but he didnt stay busy!!!!!! hes got crazy hands, but he doesnt keep busy enough in there!!!!! shit seemed funny, kinda felt like a fix!!!!!!!!!
That's cool you say that, angry, but the kids I grow up around know fuck all about boxing. The only people I get a true boxing conversation with is my dad and cats online; for example, some kid was willing to bet his life that Tyson was fighting professionally at the same time as Ali and another thinks Amir Khan is an all time great???? Lmfao.

No doubt Mosley has the power to drop Floyd, but it ain't gonna be easy for him to land whatsoever, Mayweather's defence is one of the best of all time. However, Money ain't gonna be able to slide, run, and evade for the full fight because Mosley just does not stop, he's a fucking machine, he ain't gonna stop even if he's lost every single round; just look at the Mayorga fight, he fucking pulled it back in the last few seconds to deliver a peach of a left hook to end the fight Rocky style. You can never rule him out.

I'm not sure if I can see this fight being a "war" as such in the vain of Holmes-Norton, Hagler-Hearns, Gatti-Ward(s), Klitschko-Lewis etc. etc. as that won't work in Floyd's favour whatsoever, but there are gonna be periods when Floyd gets hit hard and backed up to the ropes, so we'll see how he deals with it.

As for the Clottey thing, what a fucking joke. I was telling people exactly what would happen months before the first bell: Clottey would throw fuck all each round and get beaten on a wide points decision. Did you hear his interviews before the fight?? "If I lose, I'm not gonna lose like Pac's other opponents"... tell me that ain't somebody who thinks he's gonna get defeated. I wouldn't say it was fixed, angry, I just think Clottey wanted to pick up his $3 million with the least amount of trouble as possible.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #1952
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
That's cool you say that, angry, but the kids I grow up around know fuck all about boxing. The only people I get a true boxing conversation with is my dad and cats online;
lol yeah thats kinda the same from me my Dad is the biggest boxing expert I know and is the reason im into it myself. although I've had quite a few pay-per-view parties down the years, even back in high school we used to get a bunch together for the big fights.

now though we've got Haye and Khan, and recently had Calzaghe so u'd think more might be into it.

Its not like the glory days of Eubank, Lennox and Bruno though lol. Even Prince Naseem, at least he bought alot of attention.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #1953
Tommy
Starvin' individuals kill

Tommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
lol yeah thats kinda the same from me my Dad is the biggest boxing expert I know and is the reason im into it myself. although I've had quite a few pay-per-view parties down the years, even back in high school we used to get a bunch together for the big fights.

now though we've got Haye and Khan, and recently had Calzaghe so u'd think more might be into it.

Its not like the glory days of Eubank, Lennox and Bruno though lol. Even Prince Naseem, at least he bought alot of attention.
Yeah, we've had the PPV parties as well for the likes of Hatton and Haye, but beyond those names they don't have a clue what's going on. I agree with what you say about the glory days but I never rated Benn that much, and Eubank was good but not great. If they ever fought Herol Graham, they would've been picked apart.

Although I think it's safe to say that Lennox Lewis is the greatest British fighter of all time, anybody who says Calzaghe knows nothing.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #1954
p-rok73
Veteran Member

p-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal son

A lot of my friends hated Lennox, but i thought he was great. He avenged his losses.

As for Clottey, the reason he doesn't get knocked out is because of what we saw vs. Pacman. He did the same vs. Cotto at the end of their fight, & then starts crying because he feels he gets robbed. He has to learn how to close the show, which means taking chances, like Pacman, & even Cotto. Though he would of done good damage to Pacman if he opened up more, I also believe he probably would've gotten knocked out.

As for boxing in general, it needs to clean its act up. Too many champs (WBC, IBF, WBA, IBO, WBO, etc.), interim champs, Super champs, it's beyond silly. Have one recognized champ per division. Too many weight divisions IMO. Super this, Jr. that, go back to the old original weight classes. Add better undercards to PPV events, I know wrestling is fake but at least their fans get a few stars per event. MMA is starting to surpass boxing in popularity, maybe it's time that boxers learn from them.
p-rok73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #1955
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

Who else is hyped up for Marquez-Vasquez 4? Unlike the Pacman/Clottey and, likely, the PBF/Mosley fights this one is GUARANTEED fireworks for as long as it lasts. Practically impossible to make a logical pick in this one as all 3 of their fights were toss-up battles. I'd like to see Marquez get his revenge though since the rematch was stopped early IMO. What do ya'll think???

Morales making his comeback this Sat too... He's my favorite all-time but I'm concerned for the dude at this point. His legs are gone and we all know they don't come back once they're gone. He should stay retired, but we'll see.....
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #1956
p-rok73
Veteran Member

p-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal son

Marquez & Vazquez 3 fights are up there with Ward & Gatti's battles. I agree^^ that this is guaranteed fireworks & bombs thrown at each other. I hate what Vazquez's eyes will look like after this fight. Both of these fighters deserve what Clottey made for his fight vs. Pacman, I can't wait for this.

Yea, Morales should of stayed retired, I think he's fighting at 147.

I heard that Pacquiao & Clottey's fight did 700k PPV buys, not a bad number.
p-rok73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:28 PM   #1957
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

Not a bad number at all but May and Shane will crush that, along with any chance of Manny getting a 50/50 split with Floyd. It seems more and more that the "megafight" might not happen. Bob Arum makes way too much by having Manny fight other Top Rank fighters.
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #1958
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

Hopkins/Jones Jr II tomarrow nite

This shit is like 5-10 years to late
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #1959
netscape check two
N.I.

netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Hopkins can still hang with the best of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
How am I a troll and what's a troll?
netscape check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #1960
EAGLE EYE
Super Moderator

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Hopkins still looks young 30'a. Dood's discipline is off the charts for that age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
You'll cowards dont even drink cock liquor.
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #1961
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

As long as B-Hop fucks him up, i'll be all good.

My boy's (muay thai) trainer's son is fighting on the showtime undercard tonight.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #1962
EAGLE EYE
Super Moderator

Does the fight start at midnight or something?

People are streaming it on Justin.tv and Ustream

Quote:
Old 04-04-2010, 12:37 AM   #1963
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

what a great fight they were going at it. combos left and right knockdowns fist were flying both men showed showed they can go toe to toe with anyone this is up there with the the thrilla in manila

p.s I lied just now

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:14 AM   #1964
EAGLE EYE
Super Moderator

haha that fight was pretty damn boring IMO. i feel bad for the people who paid to see it on PPV.

luckily you can grab live streams of almost any sporting event on the web these days.

Quote:
Old 04-04-2010, 05:42 AM   #1965
DiGitalChamberz
Seen & Heard Everywhere

DiGitalChamberz iron monkeyDiGitalChamberz iron monkeyDiGitalChamberz iron monkeyDiGitalChamberz iron monkeyDiGitalChamberz iron monkey

^ thank you for your sympathy