news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 12-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #2266
p-rok73
Veteran Member

p-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal son

I'm guessing it's because Holyfield probably won something called the IBO or the WBF...some title that's not recognized by many. Everyone's a champ nowadays.

As for Hopkins, I thought he controlled the majority of the second half but started a little slow (as he usually does) in the first half. The first KO was suspect but the second was legit IMO. I thought Hopkins won by a point or two but a draw wasn't out of line for me. Nice crowd that came out in Canada. If this fight were in the U.S. it draws 3K people, LOL.
p-rok73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #2267
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

B-Hop won the fight by ATLEAST 2 points. That's even if you give those 2 knockdown rounds a 10-8 score.

"I come to Canada and face a 28-year-old guy and I get a draw, at 45 years old?" Hopkins said in amazement. "You saw a young guy running from an old grandpa."

Haha that pretty much sums up the fight. Hopkins robbed again. Seems like fights outside the u.s. is always questionable - bad refs, poor judges
Old 12-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #2268
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

...and what's up with Showtime not showing the Malignaggi fight? Remind me to cancel that shit.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #2269
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

GBP probably didn't want their new investment on tv in case he got fucking blugeoned again would be my guess.
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #2270
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

Pacquiao vs. Mosley - May 7th - PPV

Who really wants to see this on PPV?????
Old 12-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #2271
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

I'd buy that for a dollar.

^ KYLE WILLIAMS POOPS THE BED ^
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:19 PM   #2272
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynMur View Post

wow how wack

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #2273
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Did anyone see The Fighter yet?

I thought it was pretty good. And I remember watching Micky Ward take shots and not throw a punch until like the 10th and drop that guy with one liver shot. It was the undercard of Purnell Whittaker and De La Hoya. I wanna say that was '95 or '96.

Bale was awesome as Dicky Eklund. He will be nominated for best supporting role. Wahlberg was so-so, i think they could have gotten someone better to play the role, but it was Wahlberg who pushes the movie.

More about the Ward/Eklund family than boxing tho, altho boxing is a big theme...it was pretty good.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #2274
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

It looks very good. I have a certain respect for Whalberg that I don't have for most of those Hollywood types. He has done some pretty good movies and his mid, lower level movies I always thought were solid. Gotta check it out.

Bale is a good actor.. his part looks like it could be a stealer.

^ KYLE WILLIAMS POOPS THE BED ^
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #2275
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

it is he fuckin nailed it, steals every scene he is in.

Granted, Wahlbergs role of Mickey Ward is obviously more laid back and he plays it well...subtle. He i just too big and pretty to be Micky Ward, but thats the movies.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #2276
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynMur View Post

joke of a fight

we all know theres only one fight paccquio should be making, this is getting farcical.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #2277
PALEFORCE
penalty boxed user

PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this is the next best thing to floyd fight. it will be interesting to see who demolishes mosley better, also it will be n entertaing fight because both fighters like to brawl
PALEFORCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #2278
roodyp4364
CHICKEN HEAD

roodyp4364 shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALEHORSE View Post
this is the next best thing to floyd fight. it will be interesting to see who demolishes mosley better, also it will be n entertaing fight because both fighters like to brawl
Uhhhhh no. As a fan I'd rather see Pac face Juan Manuel Marquez, Andre Berto, Sergio Martinez, Paul Williams, Devon Alexander or Timothy Bradley before Mosley (Alexander vs Bradley is booked so neither is available). HOWEVER, this is the right fight to take at the moment. Manny can't fuck up the monster payday with Floyd by taking on a high risk fight and losing. Mosley is just the man for the job....he has a name, the fight should be exciting and Pac should win in vintage fashion. If Floyd doesn't man up this fall then I'd love for Pac to settle the score with JMM then take on Andre Berto and seal his legacy with a fight at 154 against Sergio Martinez (if he still has the linear 154 belt).
Old 01-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #2279
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

dont count mosley out, he isnt a pushover, when all know what happen in the 2nd round of the mayweather fight, shane mosley reminds me of another fighter zab judah, they both in their with a plan and the minute they get bolo they figure all about it, personally i dont think mosley wasnt condition for the mayweather fight all his punches and movement where sluggish
Old 01-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #2280
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

let me ask yall this what do you yall think of Amir Khan