news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 02-07-2007, 06:37 AM   #301
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

i also think castillo can take hatton. hatton is good, but not consistently "boxing serious".

this was summoned by Mayweather who called Hatton "fat" and even suggested he would come to England to fight him.

Funny how he didnt say that a year ago when Hatton was the shit after beating Kostya.

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:26 AM   #302
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

ha yea, Hatton didn't even let it get to him, saying how he can't pass a burger king without going in. any word on when castillo vs. hatton is taking place?

last week in the las vegas journal, it stated that a fight between winky wright and bernard hopkins was agreed to take place in florida over the summer. now this would be one entertaining fight, but of course nothing was signed and 100% guaranteed.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:34 PM   #303
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

did any one see the sugar shane fight last weekend?

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:14 AM   #304
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

yes ^^^^, I liked the harris v. luzcana fight better. What was your score on that fight? I had that fight even until the bullshit deducted pt. in the 12th. As for the mosley v. collazo fight, I thought ssm was just plain out the better fighter.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #305
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

Default B-Hop v. Winky fight is official (170lbs)

Hopkins, Wright to fight at 170 pounds in July

ESPN.com news services

Former middleweight and light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins is coming out of retirement to fight former junior middleweight champ Winky Wright on July 21 at 170 pounds. The site has not been determined.

Wright

Hopkins

Hopkins (47-4-1, 32 KOs) last fought against Antonio Tarver in June, dismantling him in what was at the time Hopkins' retirement fight.
Wright (51-3-1, 25 KOs) is coming off a unanimous decision over Ike Quartey and a controversial draw with middleweight champion Jermain Taylor. According to media reports the fight was signed last week and will be shown on HBO PPV.
Hopkins, 42, had said his fight against Tarver last June would be his final bout, win or lose. But having bulked up with the help of fitness guru Mackie Shilstone, Hopkins decided he still felt fit and that he still had fights left in him.
Hopkins said he originally pondered moving all the way up to heavyweight to challenge WBC champ Oleg Maskaev. When that didn't pan out, he asked Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, to get him a fight against as big a name as possible. Bouts with super middleweight champ Joe Calzaghe, cruiserweight champ O'Neil Bell and Roy Jones Jr. were considered before the Hopkins-Wright match was made.
"At the end of the day, I think things worked out better for me. Almost everyone has Winky ranked up there among the top three or four pound-for-pound fighters. Beating him puts me right back there again, and at 42 years old, too," Hopkins said, according to the Philadelphia Daily News. "I can still compete at a high level. Time beats every athlete eventually, but it hasn't beaten me yet. I'm the Jerry Rice of boxing. My best fights are yet to come. I'm not saying I got 10 or 20 fights left in me, but I'm ready to fight the fights that matter and that need to happen."
Old 02-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #306
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

omggg! ^^^^^
god damnn!

im gonna comment on that in a minute, i just got home and have to read into this!

Old 02-15-2007, 03:00 PM   #307
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

ok just had dinner,

so hopkins comes back to fight winky?? thats deep! he maintains that his "mama" would be "OK" with him breaking his promise, that baffles me.

as for him fighting winky, thats bold and warrior-likish! i have total respect for him. at that age he exceeds all expectations. he whupped tarver, he might edge winky. its gon be a tight one for sure. we know winkys figting style, and bhop has been in the game so long, he would be aware of all styles.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:57 PM   #308
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this could be the fight of the year

Old 02-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #309
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

97-92 for Powell over Ishe on all three cards???? They must've been in Brownsville or I was watching a different fight.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:34 PM   #310
hectis
Vic

hatton vs castillo is going down i forgot the date but i seen it on espnews

Old 02-21-2007, 12:57 AM   #311
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Hmm..

Former heavyweight champ attempts comeback

CHESTER, W.Va. (AP) -- Former WBO heavyweight champion Tommy Morrison is staging a comeback, saying Tuesday that a positive HIV test that ended his career more than a decade ago was inaccurate.

"I'm negative and I've always been negative and that should be the end of it," Morrison said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press.

The 38-year-old will face John Castle in a four-round fight Thursday at Mountaineer Racetrack and Gaming Resort.

"The rug was yanked out from under my feet by a misdiagnosis," he said. "All I want to do is fight. ... It's unfinished business."

State Athletic Commissioner Steve Allred said Tuesday he approved Morrison's participation in the fight after reviewing medical records and consulting with the Association of Boxing Commissions' medical review committee. Allred said confidentiality laws prevent him from discussing Morrison's medical history or the records he reviewed.

West Virginia does not have mandatory blood testing for boxers.

"I assure you that West Virginia is doing due diligence to make sure everyone who steps into the ring is healthy," Allred said.

Morrison (46-3) and Castle (4-2) square off in one of seven bouts scheduled at Mountaineer.

Morrison won the WBO title in 1993 by outpointing George Foreman. He lost it later that year. Morrison, who was featured in the movie "Rocky V," also served a couple of years in an Arkansas prison on drug and weapons charges.

He announced he had human immunodeficiency virus in February 1996 and last fought in Japan that November, knocking out Marcus Rhode in the first round.

Morrison said Tuesday that he has taken several HIV tests while preparing for his comeback and all have been negative.

He has signed a contract with Top Rank promoters for at least eight fights this year.

"I have no doubt I'll be a better fighter than I ever was before," he said. "I am more relaxed. Something that comes along with age causes you to simmer a bit."

sports.yahoo.com

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:33 PM   #312
hectis
Vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Hmm..

Former heavyweight champ attempts comeback

CHESTER, W.Va. (AP) -- Former WBO heavyweight champion Tommy Morrison is staging a comeback, saying Tuesday that a positive HIV test that ended his career more than a decade ago was inaccurate.

"I'm negative and I've always been negative and that should be the end of it," Morrison said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press.

The 38-year-old will face John Castle in a four-round fight Thursday at Mountaineer Racetrack and Gaming Resort.

"The rug was yanked out from under my feet by a misdiagnosis," he said. "All I want to do is fight. ... It's unfinished business."

State Athletic Commissioner Steve Allred said Tuesday he approved Morrison's participation in the fight after reviewing medical records and consulting with the Association of Boxing Commissions' medical review committee. Allred said confidentiality laws prevent him from discussing Morrison's medical history or the records he reviewed.

West Virginia does not have mandatory blood testing for boxers.

"I assure you that West Virginia is doing due diligence to make sure everyone who steps into the ring is healthy," Allred said.

Morrison (46-3) and Castle (4-2) square off in one of seven bouts scheduled at Mountaineer.

Morrison won the WBO title in 1993 by outpointing George Foreman. He lost it later that year. Morrison, who was featured in the movie "Rocky V," also served a couple of years in an Arkansas prison on drug and weapons charges.

He announced he had human immunodeficiency virus in February 1996 and last fought in Japan that November, knocking out Marcus Rhode in the first round.

Morrison said Tuesday that he has taken several HIV tests while preparing for his comeback and all have been negative.

He has signed a contract with Top Rank promoters for at least eight fights this year.

"I have no doubt I'll be a better fighter than I ever was before," he said. "I am more relaxed. Something that comes along with age causes you to simmer a bit."

sports.yahoo.com
iif u were a boxer would u fight him?

Old 02-21-2007, 02:47 PM   #313
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Well, he said the first HIV test that came back positive, was a mistake. lol It took him this long to conclude that the first test was a mistake?

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #314
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

I can't believe Urkal's corner threw in the towel last night. I have to agree with Jim Lampley that open scoring fucks up everything. Judah vs. Cotto sounds like an interesting fight. I can see Judah pulling an upset.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:09 AM   #315
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

Damn did this thread die? If not, what is everyone's thoughts on tommorow's fight?