news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 03-07-2008, 09:23 PM   #616
DNA13

DNA13 grasshopper

Ricky Hatton Signs With Golden Boy Promotions
SOURCE: http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=12991

Kelly Pavlik-Gary Lockett Close for June 7th
SOURCE: http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=12980
DNA13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #617
36chambers
The People's Champ

36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta

Did you Americans see David Haye last nite? Hes now unified the Cruiserweight titles and about to step up to Heavyweight.

He'll be Heavyweight Champion in 2 years. Klitschko will be shook.

Peep the fight from last nite. Haye finished the job in the 2nd round.

BIG L Rest In Peace

Last edited by 36chambers; 03-09-2008 at 02:19 PM.
36chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #618
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Bg_Knocc_Out crouching tigerBg_Knocc_Out crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Bg_Knocc_Out

^ Haye wouldn't last with Klitschko, he has a horrible defense against a man like Klitschko, Haye keeps his arms down to much, even when the fight gets on the inside witch will work to Klitsch's advantage.
Bg_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:50 PM   #619
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Anybody watch the undercard of Maskaev/Peter....

It was Diaz vs. Nate Campbell....great fight. Maskaev and Peter just show you how weak the heavyweight division is right now....it looked like a friday night fight.
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #620
36chambers
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bg_Knocc_Out View Post
^ Haye wouldn't last with Klitschko, he has a horrible defense against a man like Klitschko, Haye keeps his arms down to much, even when the fight gets on the inside witch will work to Klitsch's advantage.
Haye has always had his guard down, but so far so good. Klitschko aint all that, hes only wearing all those belts because there isnt much competition in the heavyweight division. i guarantee u, Haye will be heavyweight champ in 2-3 years. i promise u

BIG L Rest In Peace
Old 03-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #621
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
Anybody watch the undercard of Maskaev/Peter....

It was Diaz vs. Nate Campbell....great fight. Maskaev and Peter just show you how weak the heavyweight division is right now....it looked like a friday night fight.
I thought Juan Diaz had the fight in control until he got that cut (by headbutt). After that, he lost total concentration on the fight. And I doubt Peter will fight Wladimir. When your under Don King, its all politics, plus he has no chance and it makes some sense fighting Vital.

I know all the Brits are making a big deal about David Haye, but the cruiserweight class is just as pathetic as the heavyweight class. It seems like whenever these great fighters from the UK fight elsewhere besides Europe they get their ass kicked. Calzaghe has the best chance of ending this, but he's lucky he's not going against B-Hop in his prime because he wouldn't stand a chance either.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #622
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynMur View Post
I thought Juan Diaz had the fight in control until he got that cut (by headbutt). After that, he lost total concentration on the fight. And I doubt Peter will fight Wladimir. When your under Don King, its all politics, plus he has no chance and it makes some sense fighting Vital.

I know all the Brits are making a big deal about David Haye, but the cruiserweight class is just as pathetic as the heavyweight class. It seems like whenever these great fighters from the UK fight elsewhere besides Europe they get their ass kicked. Calzaghe has the best chance of ending this, but he's lucky he's not going against B-Hop in his prime because he wouldn't stand a chance either.
Thats funny that you mentioned the 'head butt' cuz I didn't see it, and it was a left hook/uppercut that split his eye that was already cut.

But your right, Diaz had that fight until that happened. Campbell dominated the rest of the fight. He came to fight thats for sure...the first round was awesome...it was like toe to toe Gatti/Ward, fight night type shit. Both guys went to the body alot, i was amazed.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:34 PM   #623
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Bg_Knocc_Out crouching tigerBg_Knocc_Out crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Bg_Knocc_Out

I coulda sworn I saw a headbut also, it didn't look intentional, but ionno, I'm just saying.
Bg_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #624
36chambers
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynMur View Post
Calzaghe been the best middleweight for quiet some time now. Hatton was unlucky against Mayweather, if Hatton played the game like he always does then he might have had a better chance. But he went all out from the 1st bell and fucked it. Im telling you now, Haye will be Heavyweight champion in 3 years time. U heard it here 1st. He hasnt got the weight on Klitschko but hes alot faster and agile. Hes a natural heavyweight. And his punches hit hard, thats another thing people dont understand is how hard this man hits. He will rule the heavyweight division, just watch.

Haye will rule like Lennox did years back.

BIG L Rest In Peace
Old 03-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #625
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

I dont think Hatton could have beaten Mayweather. I've never seen Haye, but its not like there hasn't been great fighters from Britain, so I dont see why anyone would doubt them. If anything, there are more boxers coming from Europe and the Old World these days than anywhere else.
Look at all the Russians with the heavyweight belts, and now a nigerian has one.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #626
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

hellz no hatton can beat mayweather fuck mayweather is going to move up to heavyweight and fight the big show

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:02 PM   #627
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

i dont know....i was very unimpressed with Hatton in that fight. I thought he was a harder puncher.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #628
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36chambers View Post
Calzaghe been the best middleweight for quiet some time now. Hatton was unlucky against Mayweather, if Hatton played the game like he always does then he might have had a better chance. But he went all out from the 1st bell and fucked it. Im telling you now, Haye will be Heavyweight champion in 3 years time. U heard it here 1st. He hasnt got the weight on Klitschko but hes alot faster and agile. Hes a natural heavyweight. And his punches hit hard, thats another thing people dont understand is how hard this man hits. He will rule the heavyweight division, just watch.

Haye will rule like Lennox did years back.
Hatton would have never beaten Mayweather. No disrepect to Hatton, but Mayweather is on a complete different level. Many boxers look unstoppable when fighting average or unknown contenders, but seem to have problems when facing a highly skilled boxer. This is how I see Hatton and wouldn't be suprised if Calzaghe joined him in this category too. Plus Calzaghe isnt' even middleweight, he's super middleweight. If he started middleweight, that undefeated record may not be intact.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:55 PM   #629
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

I haven't seen much Calzhage but i think he will do very well.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #630
DNA13

DNA13 grasshopper

Pavlik-Lockett confirmed, despite a 4 million dollar offer from Winky Wright and Golden Boy Promotions, which is more than Pavlik made for both of his fights with Taylor.
SOURCE: http://www.fighthype.com/pages/conte...76bebdaf82a45a
DNA13 is offline   Reply With Quote