news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 04-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #706
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Bg_Knocc_Out crouching tigerBg_Knocc_Out crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Bg_Knocc_Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
I dont see Roy beating Calzhage either unless he clutches every time Joe comes forward like Hopkins did. I see Roy getting sent to the canvas again.
It would be a better fight tho, cuz Roy could still catch him.
Hopkins made that fight ugly. Too much clutching, I felt like i was watching a super heavyweight bout.
I think after seeing Calzaghes performance last night That Roy could go the distance, but I dont see a win. Calzaghe didn't have that knockout power, and thats usually the key to beating Roy's glass jaw. Other than that Roy would probably play mind games with him.
Bg_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #707
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Yea, Calzhage didnt really hurt hopkins...neither guy really hurt eachother. I think part of it was BHop clutching and keeping Joe from those combination flurries. He was always off balance cuz of it.
But i really dont like Roy Jones...never did. I loved it when he got knocked the fuck out...i'd like to see it again, although i think Pavlik/Calzhage would be the best fight.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:51 PM   #708
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Seems as though the only way to beat Roy Jones is to have knock-out power. Like I said, he has a glass jaw, but if you dont have that power, Roy will sit and there and toy with ya and make look ridiculous.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #709
SickSide
Veteran Member

SickSide iron monkeySickSide iron monkeySickSide iron monkeySickSide iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bg_Knocc_Out View Post
Seems as though the only way to beat Roy Jones is to have knock-out power. Like I said, he has a glass jaw, but if you dont have that power, Roy will sit and there and toy with ya and make look ridiculous.
Joe's slaps wont KO Roy, but I feel he could tire him out with his work rate

Roy Jones for the win though!

SickSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:52 AM   #710
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMERK View Post

thats true, joe doesnt have the KO power, it looks like he slaps half the time.

but hes very conditioned and can easily last 12 rounds with gas still in him.

problem with joe is that hes sometimes boring. against jeff lacy he was amazing, and against bhop kinda less amazing.

having said that, it would be good for him to finish off with roy.

who'd win?

joe definitely. i mean roy fought whom?when? roy hasnt been around for a while and hasnt been tested by credible opponents lately.

roy v joe would be a 12 rounder with joe winning with points. no stoppage here, because joe isnt known as a hard hitter, just a damn good boxer.

Pavlik v joe would be beautiful.

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:58 AM   #711
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMERK View Post

I was talking about Roy in his prime.

Prime Roy > Prime Calzaghe
Old 04-21-2008, 08:22 AM   #712
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
I was talking about Roy in his prime.

Prime Roy > Prime Calzaghe

yeah thats an interesting line up with both in their primage.

yeah maybeee roy could edge it then.

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #713
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Hey can someone give me a link to the Berrara vs Naseem fight? 'Cause that's the one where Berrera tackled him wasn't it? lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRPvdNTmnGk

there's like 5 or 6 parts, enjoy homie.
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #714
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRPvdNTmnGk

there's like 5 or 6 parts, enjoy homie.
Thank You, if I knew how to rep I would.

I love Barrera and Naseem. Naseem is a figter I enjoy watching, but he's gets in trouble when it comes to icon fighters.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #715
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

you can't rep, only members with vatican status can rep. Just so you know.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #716
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
you can't rep, only members with vatican status can rep. Just so you know.
Oh serious? Hm, different then other forums I been to lol.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:28 AM   #717
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Naseem is a figter I enjoy watching, but he's gets in trouble when it comes to icon fighters.
No problem on the link. Isn't it crazy how Hamed practically dissapeared from boxing after this ass-whooping? It would have at least been interesting to see him in against Morales and some other top contenders from that time but I think that Barrera literally beat the fight out of Hamed lol. Peace-
Old 04-23-2008, 11:18 AM   #718
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

for a 43y/o to make the 'undefeated' calzaghe look not too impressive barely winning and scoring a k.o. in the first, i thought b-hop's rep aint go down too much. like emanuel steward was sayin, hopkins never 'clearly' lost any of the fights he didnt win. all 5 of them.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #719
benzo
Wu Vatican

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
for a 43y/o to make the 'undefeated' calzaghe look not too impressive barely winning and scoring a k.o. in the first, i thought b-hop's rep aint go down too much. like emanuel steward was sayin, hopkins never 'clearly' lost any of the fights he didnt win. all 5 of them.
Well....Hopkins is the KING of taking fighters out of their fight and making the fight look ugly/unimpressive. Maybe if he didn't clinch after EVERY exchange Joe could have let his hands go a little more? I know you meant knockdown and not KO but still, that was pretty much a flash knockdown with Joe being off-balance (it was a perfect right by Hopkins, though). Hardly something to be embarrassed about. Hopkins should be more embarrased for pulling that huge bitch move with the NON-low blows. The old man needed a break cause his legs are leaving him quickly. We're basically agreeing except I think that Bernard's stock did drop a bit. Peace-
Old 04-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #720
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ i hear ya, it was funny when b-hop was takin his sweet time for that weak low blow.. but when the fight continued, hopkins owned him the rest of the round..i guess the breather worked..lol i still dont think the fight affected b-hop's status much tho. now i really would love to see ZAGHE vs KELLY