news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 04-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #721
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

come on, bhop remains a legend. he will be thinking "fuck calzaghe" and besides bhop knows that people dont look at him as a loser. arguably he won.

bhop must however, in order to protect his image, quit fighting and just stick to promoting etc.

joe should have a go at pavlik, but most likely he will just go to roy and end it there. no surprises who will win between joe and roy.

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #722
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

How about B-Hop v. RJJ on the undercards (Finale fight for B-Hop). Then for the main event... Calzaghe v. Pavlik? The winner should take on RJJ for the biggest money fight of their career. That is if RJJ can beat B-Hop like he says he can.

How does everyone see this week's fight ending? De La Hoya for UD or KO against Forbes? I think the Golden Boy needs to score a KO if he has any chance of a rematch against Mayweather.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:50 PM   #723
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

Calzaghe won't fight Pavlik IMO because the risk of him getting knocked out is too great. Add in the fact that Joe's punches won't seriously hurt Pavlik, and then you have Joe and RJJ gettin it on. RJJ already said on record that this is the matchup that ALL parties involved want so I'd bet my ass that we see RJJ vs. Calzaghe soon.
DLH does need to build off the momentum of his last fight and come out firing for a KO. Even though he lost, he looked strong and aggressive against PBF. If DLH gets all "boxy" with Forbes, that's not a good sign as far as where his head is at. Goldie better bring the killer instinct or else Forbes will be fuckin with both Floyd and Oscar's "payday" lol.
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:40 PM   #724
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

I think Pavlik would control Calzhage with his jab. But then again, nobody gave Calzhage much credit for adapting in the Hopkins fight because he really had to change his gameplan, and i think he did successfully.
I still think he won 8 to 9 rounds in that fight.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:42 AM   #725
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
I think Pavlik would control Calzhage with his jab. But then again, nobody gave Calzhage much credit for adapting in the Hopkins fight because he really had to change his gameplan, and i think he did successfully.
I still think he won 8 to 9 rounds in that fight.
i agree nicky,

but benzo mentioned the truth in the matter which is that joe would not risk his entire career stats against pavlik. joe does not need pavlik to become hall of famer, he already is.

lets be reminded, joe is not that young either, he is conditioned and can last 12 rounds easily, but pavlik is the sort of guy joe would need if he had something to prove.

rjj is ultimately the best way to get out of the game for calzaghe. rjj is a very known individual, a calzaghe v rjj superfight would generate more money than a pavlik v calzaghe fight. u know that homie. joe wants that retirement money.

if joe wins against rjj, he would have become champion 10 years ago against chris eubank (legend), and still be champion beating rjj ("legend")

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #726
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Pavlik vs Calzhage would be a nice fight

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:26 PM   #727
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Bg_Knocc_Out crouching tigerBg_Knocc_Out crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Bg_Knocc_Out

Pavlik vs Calzaghe no doubt would be a big money fight, I think Calzaghe would still go for it. C'mon, with that new promotion from Afliction for Pavlik, it damn sure will be a known fight, seeing as Calzaghe is almost a household name in the UK, and has pretty much become bigger than Hatton, almost any fight Calzaghe is in will be big bucks. Especialy with a champion such as Pavlik. Calzaghe will most likely be paid the same money if not close to the same money in an RJJ fight tan a Pavlik fight, so money really isn't the real issue when it comes to the two fights.
Bg_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:39 PM   #728
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Did anyone watch Friday nights fighs??? Between andrey Tsurkan(sp) and Jesse Feliciano.....i was dead tired from working all day and fell asleep in the fifth round. It was a helluva brawl, i was wondering how it ended.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:45 AM   #729
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

I didn't, but did you watch boxing on wednesday? Fucking Estrada KO'd some dude I ain't heard of, and these other dudes who had both gone the distance with Hatton vs'd eachother, it was a helluva night.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:05 AM   #730
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Anyone watch the Joel Julio v. Ishe Smith fight? Julio won on UD. Both of these fighters have potential. Julio is 23 yrs old and has a 33-1 (30kos) record. And Ishe has superb defense, his only problem is that he's all defense and no offense. If someone (roger mayweather) can teach him to be more offensive, I can see him being top 10 light middleweight in a year or so.

De La Hoya v. Forbes in 2 days. Golden Boy KO in 6th. Peace.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:28 AM   #731
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Yeah I saw that fight, I have the feeling Julio is going to be a big name... And funny thing is is that Roger Mayweather was in Ishe's corner... I don't know if that was his trainer for his training but he was there helpin' him and wasn't very effective.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #732
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

I'm gonna say DLH TKO 9-10th round.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #733
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

this is a fight im definitely not gonna pay for. But if it was free i'd make sure i watched it.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:07 AM   #734
benzo
Wu Vatican

^good thing for you that it's on free HBO, NOT PPV, at 10 Eastern Time. Peace-
Old 05-03-2008, 10:39 AM   #735
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it would be funny if DLH lost

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote