news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 10-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #916
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

Holyfield would've whipped Sam Peter's ass... When Holy sits down on his shots and doesn't have to match a fast-handed opponent he's still dangerous. Now way in hell would he beat either of the Klit bros but with the heavyweight division still being what it is he could be in the mix IMO. At least he comes IN SHAPE for EVERY fight, which is almost a thing of the past for the heavies these days. Peace-
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:28 PM   #917
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

yeah thats true, then again he knows (holyfield) thats he has to be 110% for every fight because if he isn't, his age will take away 60-70% out of his bottle.

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:57 AM   #918
DNA

DNA shaolin monk

Let's get this straight, Pavlik is fucking winning. I can't believe that despite the lackluster performances Hopkins has given us the past two fights (including his fight with Winky), you guys still pick Nard over the 26-year old current middleweight champ who has a knockout rate of 90%, and knocked out the guy, Jermain Taylor, who beat Hopkins TWICE. Did I forget that he throws 90-100 punches per round? And they arent pitty-pat? There is no way B-hop is gonna be able to hug his way through to a boring decision in his favor. It's just not happening. Then people say "Well how can Kelly carry his strength up ten pounds?" Like it's the hardest thing in the world. The guy isn't even middleweight size. He's 6'2 for fuck's sake, bigger than Calzaghe, and bigger than Bernard. Then they go on to experience and how Hop will outclass Pavlik. Really? Are you serious? Okay, so it's obvious Bernard is definitely more rounded and been through more tough fights, but has he even fought a true middleweight? As far as I know, Hopkins biggest wins came over blown-up welterweights. Listen, I don't want this to seem like a Hopkins rant, I respect the guy, he's one of the greatest, if not best, middleweight in the history of the sport. But at this point of his career, I just don't see him beating Pavlik under any cirumstances. Sorry.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #919
The Ghost
Malcolm Maximillion

The Ghost crouching tiger

DNA makes a good arguement, I'm still going Hopkins. I guess we'll see tonight.
The Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:00 PM   #920
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

DNA you make it sound like Taylor fucked him up. The first fight was a SD and the second was one extra rd. for JT on all scorecards. And how many true boxing fans actually agree with those fights?

I agree with you about Winky, i think Hopkins should of won easier than he did. But pavlik has a light chin, he's going in there thinking KO (like Tarver did), and his coordination is nothing close to B-hop (at 43). Plus B-Hop doesn't have the highly overrated Freddie Roach training him for this fight. Roach tells all his fighters that they are winning and he doesn't have the agression to get some messages through.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:39 AM   #921
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

B-Hop

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:41 AM   #922
The Ghost
Malcolm Maximillion

And DNA, hopkins beat that ass
Old 10-19-2008, 12:57 AM   #923
DNA

DNA shaolin monk

^All respect due. I was wrong about B-hop. And I'm not making any excuses either. Pavlik got his ass kicked. The only thing I'm mad about now is Calslappy coming out to the press to talk shit bout Kelly. He's the last one who needs to be talking. Pavlik is still the man though, he'll stay undefeated at middleweight. I never hated B-hop either if any of you guys were thinking that, his lackluster perforomances lead me to believe he couldn't pull the trigger anymore. What can I say? Lol
Old 10-19-2008, 02:02 AM   #924
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

Hopkins made Pavlik look like shit
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:28 AM   #925
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Pavlik lost huh???

Im surprised, I thought he would have beaten the him.

Never was a huge Hopkins fan. Glad i didnt get the fight.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:44 AM   #926
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

initially i thought pavlik would UD him but damn, he got apparently schooled. i shall wait to see this somewhere online.

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #927
The Ghost
Malcolm Maximillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA View Post
^All respect due. I was wrong about B-hop. And I'm not making any excuses either. Pavlik got his ass kicked. The only thing I'm mad about now is Calslappy coming out to the press to talk shit bout Kelly. He's the last one who needs to be talking. Pavlik is still the man though, he'll stay undefeated at middleweight. I never hated B-hop either if any of you guys were thinking that, his lackluster perforomances lead me to believe he couldn't pull the trigger anymore. What can I say? Lol
Understood
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
Hopkins made Pavlik look like shit
He did. It was embarassing
Old 10-19-2008, 12:20 PM   #928
netscape check two
N.I.

netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Pavlik looked like a school girl in that match.
netscape check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #929
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Bg_Knocc_Out crouching tigerBg_Knocc_Out crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Bg_Knocc_Out

Looked like they swapped ages last night, Pavlik looked to be 43 where as Hopkins looked 26. I don't think it had anything to do with Hopkins making Pavlik bad, Pavlik didn't throw more than 30 punches a round and they looked like hesitant jabs. It also has something to do with Pavlik moving up, that was a bad choice and it's hard to believe that Leow and Pav are saying they want to stay in that area. Hopkins weighed in at 180 where as Pavlik was at 169, 11 lb difference, the catch weight was 170 I believe right? That's why I hate these fights where there's no limit weight basically after the weigh-in. It ain't like Pavlik was beaten so bad, he took some hard shots, but nothing that would really hurt him. The way Pavlik faught was the exact way I faught on my first loss, mentally and physicaly I couldn't get things going, didn't have anything to do with the opponent, just that I was out of it. But Hopkins turned back the clock that night to, he hasn't moved and thrown that way since the Trinidad fight. So basically Pavlik didn't have his night, Hopkins had his night.
Bg_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #930
Kingkazim
mighty healthy

Kingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkey

im happy hopkins won, i felt pissed when calzaghe beat him SD.

but a 11lb difference is crazy, pavlik clearly was out of his comfort zone. I havent seen the fight though, cant find it anywhere online