news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-13-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
WuTangWarrior
Shittin on E-Gangstas

WuTangWarrior grasshopper
Default Outlandish - Amazing Group

Wuttup Corp, just wanna introduce yall to some good artists that yall may have never heard of. Hopefully our European ppl in the forums have. Outlandish is a hip-hop group from Denmark and i'm really feeling their music. A large part of the beauty of their music is the combination of all their cultures that they include in thier songs, the group was formed in 97', they got Isam Bachiri from Morocco, Waqas Ali Qadri from Pakistan, and Lenny Martinez from Honduras. Waqas and Isam are Muslims, and Lenny is catholic. This isn't religious music at all, just letting yall know that. They made several albums and all of em are dope, i just love how they speak the truth in their lyrics and their dope beats. Outlandish are influenced by traditional Arabic and Indian music with Cuban and Latin-American rhythms which may sound wierd at first but its really nice. Most of their music is english so dont worry you'll be able to understand most of it lol. I also wanna mention that Isam Bachiri is the vocalist in all of their just plain singing songs. They have a very few amount of those songs, I still listen to those songs too (which they have few of) even though they dont rap in those songs, the lyrics are inspiring and send a good message.

You can find most of their videos on youtube, here are some links:

Outlandish - "Guantanamo" <--- Very first video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DngCw53zD9o

Outlandish - "Look Into My Eyes"
Description: The song's lyrics are based on a poem expressing the plight of those suffering from America's foreign policy with regards to Israel and Palestine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P12aqVeZkQ

Outlandish - "Aicha"
<-- Very famous song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8krO7Q3vSys

Outlandish - "Walou" <-- One of my Fav's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ULmFcuWBo

Outlandish - "Kom Igen"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R28jW-q8PFw

^^^This song right here, i really love the first verse, Isam spits the truth.

Heres the first verse:
[Isam Bachiri]
Try to learn every single Ayat
So my soul in front of Allah, gon' be smelling good
To that moment I be definitely making my move
In it for the money? Nah man, I'm in it for the truth
Ain't about any gold or the ice
Sneaks and close is just part of the hype
MTV sucks big time
Cribs and bling - get a real life

But wow -- take a minute or 2
Why we spending so much money man that we don't have boo
Every tiny detail, we gotta have kid!
Every kind of device to make us look rich
Hollywood, magazines, videos
Escaping anything & anyone away we go
In it sickening enough that we don't really care
In it sickening of that we don't wanna share
Wish for my brother what a wish for my self
Try to love the world less, put my ego to rest
"get rich or die tryin'" who ever said it was poor
don't they ever gon' learn from the farao in gold

Well yeah i hope yall bothered to read what i said, cause these are truly good artists, i put up threads like this to start something a lil different and introduce yall to good artists than having four 50 Cent threads up a day. Oh yeah im not a European thats trying to put their favorite Euro Rap Group on the map, im from Virginia and one of my boys first showed me Outlandish, then i couldnt let go of their music. So yeah, hope yall check it out and like it.

You can check out the Outlandish main website at:

http://www.outlandmoro.com/

PEACE

Last edited by WuTangWarrior; 05-13-2006 at 08:46 PM.
WuTangWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #2
4-Bar Killer
criminologyrap

4-Bar Killer grasshopper

I'm from Denmark, I often see these guys at the street, they seem real cool. I don't usually listen to them that much, but I gotta admit that I used to listen alot to Guantanamo.. But they got mad respect over here, especially because they try to make peace between the danes and the immigrants (we have a quite bad immigration-system(?) over here).. But yeah no doubt, hope people wont sleep, cause they are truly great artists...
Old 05-13-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
WuTangWarrior
Shittin on E-Gangstas

yeah man they deserve the respect, they're amazing artists. I actually gave the group a chance after being dissapointed hearing all the terrible commercial hip hop we got here in America. Im starting to agree with the intellectuals that say that the commercial hiphop out these days degrades women, and is truly hurting the image of the black race. Rockin the diamonds, cars, showing off, this aint right. Outlandish dont do any of that. Its all about positive rap when it comes to them. Check em out yall... give em a chance

Old 05-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #4
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I bought the album when they came out based on the strengh of guantanamo, but when I heard it I thought it was weak, it was more on some R&b shit.
I liked the idea of this multicultural group but sorry, it was wack.
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:26 PM   #5
WuTangWarrior
Shittin on E-Gangstas

this group is a mix of everything. So of course to people that listen hardcore hip-hop music with ill lyrics and shit, yeah its gonna be weak. Overall they are amazing, combination of a lot of genres into one that gives out positive and inspirational messages. The most used genre thats put in to the combination is Hip hop, which is why i posted this thread in the "Hip-Hop Spot"

Old 05-13-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuTangWarrior
this group is a mix of everything. So of course to people that listen hardcore hip-hop music with ill lyrics and shit, yeah its gonna be weak. Overall they are amazing, combination of a lot of genres into one that gives out positive and inspirational messages. The most used genre thats put in to the combination is Hip hop, which is why i posted this thread in the "Hip-Hop Spot"
Actually I don't just listen to hardcore hip hop, I do appreciate different sounds but Outlandish have to many creative flaws in their album to fully hold together, besides I already know of a group that has everything you have stated, blending styles but remaining true to hip hop, the only thing is that they rhyme in spanish and sometimes a little bit of french also. That group is called Orishas, check them out and you will know what im talking about.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:35 PM   #7
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

heard of them
thought they sucked
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #8
WuTangWarrior
Shittin on E-Gangstas

ill check out the Orishas....im watchin their video "Que Paso" right now

and yeah its aight if yall dont like Outlandish, i didnt see many flaws in their albums but its all good, im just tryna introduce good artists yall may have never heard of

Old 05-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #9
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuTangWarrior
ill check out the Orishas....im watchin their video "Que Paso" right now

and yeah its aight if yall dont like Outlandish, i didnt see many flaws in their albums but its all good, im just tryna introduce good artists yall may have never heard of
I appreciate what you doing don't think I don't, some of the people here need to hear some new shit, especially stuff from europe cos we be keeping that real hip hop alive.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:01 AM   #10
WuTangWarrior
Shittin on E-Gangstas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN
I appreciate what you doing don't think I don't, some of the people here need to hear some new shit, especially stuff from europe cos we be keeping that real hip hop alive.
yeah i definetly agree on that

Old 05-14-2006, 06:04 AM   #11
Wu-Tality
Metal Gear

Wu-Tality grasshopper

Im not feelin them, cmon that Aicha track is wack
Old 05-14-2006, 06:06 AM   #12
pussy-with-teeth
Banned

pussy-with-teeth grasshopper

aischa was nice
pussy-with-teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:52 AM   #13
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol @ not have heard of them.... I don't really like them though....

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:08 AM   #14
WuTangWarrior
Shittin on E-Gangstas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu-Tality
Im not feelin them, cmon that Aicha track is wack
thats an RnB track, a very good RnB track thats real famous around Europe.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #15
Wu-Tality
Metal Gear

Wu-Tality grasshopper

I kno, Im from Europe.