news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 06-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #181
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Wow....look at this hand my brother lost with....lol At the end of the day the guy was short stacked and was going all in anyway.

***** Hand history (v1.2) *****
Hand ID 107186451
$3/$6 Texas Hold'em (Split Limit) - 10:53:00 08/06/2007 ET
Table 'Bring in', 10 seats max, Real money
Seat 10 is the button. Small Blind $1, Big Blind $3
Note: seat IDs range from 1 to 10
Seat 1 (sitOut) : Player 1, amount $173.50, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
Seat 2 (playing) : Player 2, amount $26.50, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
Seat 3 (playing) : Player 3, amount $140.25, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
Seat 4 (playing) : Player 4, amount $92.50, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
Seat 5 (sitOut) : Player 5, amount $52, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
Seat 7 (playing) : zingzaps, amount $280.25, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
Seat 8 (playing) : Player 8, amount $50.75, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
Seat 9 (playing) : Player 9, amount $270, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
Seat 10 (playing) : Player 10, amount $242.25, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
Player 2: Small Blind ($1)
Player 3: Big Blind ($3)
** Dealing Down Cards **
Dealt to zingzaps: [3s, 3c]
Player 4: Fold
zingzaps: Raise ($6)
Player 8: Fold
Player 9: Fold
Player 10: Fold
Player 2: Raise ($8)
Player 3: Fold
zingzaps: Call ($3)
** Dealing Flop **
Community cards: [3h, 9d, 3d]
Player 2: Bet ($3)
zingzaps: Call ($3)
** Dealing Turn **
Community cards: [Jh]
Player 2: Check ($0)
zingzaps: Bet ($6)
Player 2: Raise ($12)
zingzaps: Call ($6)
** Dealing River **
Community cards: [Jd]
Player 2: Bet ($2.50)
zingzaps: Call ($2.50)
** End Round **
** Evaluate **
Player 2: Show Cards ($0)
zingzaps: Show Cards ($0)
** Showdown **
Main pot $53.25, Rake $2.75
Summary Player 2: bet $26.50, won $53.25, net $26.75, HoleCards [Jc, Js], HiHand [four of a kind, jacks] [Js, Jh, Jd, Jc, 9d], won $53.25 from main pot
Summary zingzaps: bet $26.50, won $0, net $-26.50, HoleCards [3s, 3c]

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:09 PM   #182
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I guess its not as bad as this though:

http://www.highstakesdb.com/forum/Topic37164-16-1.aspx

Old 06-09-2007, 12:01 AM   #183
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The first scenario happened to me except i had deuces against jacks. Thats unimaginable torture lol

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:51 PM   #184
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

I officially made my first $100 without making a deposit at World Poker Exchange (although I did make 1 sports bet on WSEX in attempt to support their rake free poker...bet $10 to win $14.00 (-140)).

Ive been playing for about 2 months averaging about an hour a day....never really took a freeroll at the beginning but just placed high many times to get my first $10 then worked at limit tables for dimes, NL $10 tables and $2 SNGs. I now plan on doing more $5 + 1, $250 guarantees.

Rock how are you doing on Bodog now? I guess if you're keeping up you must have cashed out a few times.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:59 PM   #185
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'm currently in the 40k guaranteed about to cash. After 1.5 months on bodog my net winnings are $4800 - 1500 in cashouts and 3300 on there now. I was all over the tournament leader board last month and this, and thursday night I won the 6k guarantee $20 rebuy for $1800. I've been busy. Thats why its been hard to keep up with my posting. will continue cash game soon and congrats prolifical on your milestone. keep building and growing that stack.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 06-17-2007, 04:29 PM   #186
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Finished 12th in the 40k. i made $480. kinda disappointed about not making the final table tho.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:45 PM   #187
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

TeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to TeknicelStylez Send a message via MSN to TeknicelStylez

im dling WPX right now I was playing PS but apparently you making gwop wit no deposit on WPX I'ma try my luck too

Big Pimpin Power Ranger Slappin Hoes Since 1986
TeknicelStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:44 AM   #188
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

TeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to TeknicelStylez Send a message via MSN to TeknicelStylez

ok so now I'm on WPX, AP, and PS

here are my IDS

PS: Got Nickels?
AP: GotNickels
WPX: GotNickels

I've been playing freeroll tournaments in all three for the past 3 days, I usually wind up getting distracted and not being able to finish but today i aint got shit to do and I'm playing serious, I'm up for a Buy In Freeroll in about 30 minutes on AP...

Old 06-23-2007, 01:25 PM   #189
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

avoid ap like the plague.

2 years on ap total winnings approx $4000
just under 2 months on bodog total winnings $6000

Old 06-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #190
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

hmmm so you think bodog is better? I'm not making any cash deposits though I'm flat broke, if anything I'll take the miniscule amount of money im making in AP and go to bodog

Old 06-23-2007, 03:24 PM   #191
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Id play bodog if I could, Canadians are restricted form that site. Freerolls can give you a wad if you can take it.

On WPX it is very easy to get a few cents from the freerolls since there is less people in them but only $50 total. If you play in about a dozen freerolls you can easily scratch up a few dollars to get started.

Id avoid PS too.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:42 PM   #192
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

hmmm thanks for the information guys, I'll prolly just play all of em at random, since they all have different freeroll times, I don't gotta sit and wait 4 hours for the next freeroll after I get knocked out on an early all in or something, or when I come home I can sign onto all of em and just look for the quickest starting freeroll... Even if they aren't good to make money people actually play seriously unlike play money so it's good practice IMO

Old 06-23-2007, 09:56 PM   #193
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

i started on bodog with nothing. the freerolls payout huge ($120-$240) for 1st depending on the tournament. problem is they only run at 3 times 4am, 240pm, and 1040pm est. there is also a 30 pts freeroll at 915pm which you can play once as they start you with 50pts. absolute is a complete waste of time. I can tell you at least half a dozen times where they have screwed me or just done something underhanded. If you believe that a doom switch doesnt exist, try withdrawing money and see how the cards treat you afterward. crooked.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:24 AM   #194
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

if you can some general heads up tips/strategies would be helpful.

in the last two games ive played in the last week i managed to surrender chip dominance and eventually lose heads up, and then bomb up in the most recent game playing far to erratically. i think im a bit rusty since i havent played for a while, time to start taking the games more seriously i think.

props on keeping the thread going rock.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #195
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
if you can some general heads up tips/strategies would be helpful.

in the last two games ive played in the last week i managed to surrender chip dominance and eventually lose heads up, and then bomb up in the most recent game playing far to erratically. i think im a bit rusty since i havent played for a while, time to start taking the games more seriously i think.

props on keeping the thread going rock.
no problem.

Heads up is a different animal from 10-9 handed poker. For the most part, when you get to heads up in a mtt tourny, the blinds will be huge and there will be little room to play. Therefore the two defining factors toward winning will be luck and aggression. While you can't control luck, you can take control of the action by raising as much as possible. Any ace and any pair is good enough to push all in preflop. The odds of both players having a pair heads up is a little worse than 300-1 so dont be afraid to call an all in with any pair. In the small blind, you have the odds to call with any hand so broaden your hand selection considerably. When your opponent is on the shortstack, fire relentlessly and force them into a decision for all their chips, and don't be ashamed to bust someone with a weaker hand. I routinely call all-ins with hands like k7 q9 as these hands are not likely to be a considerable underdog (60-40% or so against an ace). Don't be afraid to lose and don't play tight. You simply don't have the time to wait for a monster. REMEMBER: In heads up chances are both players have nothing. To the aggressor go the spoils.

and if you are looking for a barometer to decide whether to go all in here is mine

flop- any ace , any pair , any two high connectors

post flop- middle pair or better

Listen, playing this way is absolutely not foolproof, but you give yourself the best chance to win. If the heads up situation is one where you have lots of chips and lots of blinds, you still want to be aggressive but you can scale back on the all ins. Steal relentlessly.