news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 01-10-2009, 05:12 AM   #331
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

I always bet when I flop top pair or a set or full house or anything...ok I win small pots sometimes but it also gives the impression I play loose...bet almost any flop and in the long run I can win more money.

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:04 AM   #332
Crackhead Bob
Lesbian Flamingo

Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weak View Post
Any idea for an initial stratagem on this limit game?

I flop top pair on early position, I check towards mid, they place a bet, but due to my unusual discretion, I don't normally believe I will have the winning hand throughout the board.

What can I infer from the initial better? Would it make a good choice to check-raise, or better off calling? What about during late position, same situation?

Thanks.
In this scenario, I like to hang around and not raise, check calling would be your best bet, I'm not usually raising in limit unless i have top 2 or better.

Crackhead Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #333
Weak

Weak grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Weak Send a message via MSN to Weak

My dilemma is that I am currently unemployed, and I am trying to build a bankroll through limit poker which is like a crapshoot for me. 1-2 limit is by far, the worst game to ever play. I hate the game, and I hate the players; But it's the only way of building a bankroll. I want to ditch 1-2 limit as soon as possible, but what should my bankroll be if I upgrade to 2-5 limit? And any advice/strategy you have if you have limited funds and are unable to go in the NL tables? thanks.

Weakness - The fundemental aspect in all of human existance.
Weak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #334
Weak

Weak grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Weak Send a message via MSN to Weak

Nevermind, today was the last straw... You can't ever win playing limit hold 'em

Weakness - The fundemental aspect in all of human existance.
Weak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #335
Crackhead Bob
Lesbian Flamingo

Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I was actually gonna say that ^^^

Crackhead Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #336
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son
Send a message via MSN to shaolinsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weak View Post
Nevermind, today was the last straw... You can't ever win playing limit hold 'em
Not if you're playing low stake tournaments / tables due to the terrible random card generator. It gets better when you play higher stakes

Where do you lot play online anyway? Pokerstars?
shaolinsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #337
Wu-Rapatician.

Wu-Rapatician. sitting duck
Send a message via AIM to Wu-Rapatician.
Default I think all people named "Phil' are good poker players

Phil Ivey
Phil Helmuth
Phill Laak
Phil Gordon

lmao wtf??

LOL^^^
Wu-Rapatician. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:38 PM   #338
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i knew an amateur named phil that was really good at poker
Old 02-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #339
Sky Blue Danny Kid
Internet Community Member

Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't believe that anybody is really "good" at poker. It is at least 80 percent luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.
Sky Blue Danny Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #340
Wu-Rapatician.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesLoveCoolDan View Post
I don't believe that anybody is really "good" at poker. It is at least 80 percent luck.
There's actually a lot of skill required. You have to have good judgement skills, you have to know about the person(s) you're playing (how they play). Ever saw that World Series of Poker commercial where it says what the players think in their mind?

LOL^^^
Old 02-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #341
Sky Blue Danny Kid

Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I am familiar with the theories, but i think that ultimately, the biggest deciding factor is whether or not you get good cards.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #342
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^never played poker
Old 02-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #343
Wu-Rapatician.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesLoveCoolDan View Post
I am familiar with the theories, but i think that ultimately, the biggest deciding factor is whether or not you get good cards.
And that's where bluffing comes in.

LOL^^^
Old 02-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #344
Sky Blue Danny Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
^never played poker
ahahahaha

Everytime I say this, somebody gets upset and says "YOU NEVER PLAYED POKER!! YOU DON'T GET IT!! THERE'S ALL KINDS OF SKILL INVOLVED!!"

Why do poker fags get so defensive about it?

Also, this doesn't belong in the Sports Zone. Poker is not a sport.

YOU FAGS DON'T GET IT!!! I'M AWESOME AT GO FISH!!!!! IT TAKES SKILL. SHOW SOME RESPCT.

I AM THE MAN AT CANDYLAND!!!! YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED CANDYLAND BEFORE IF YOU DON'T THINK IT TAKES SKILL!!!!

Quote:
Old 02-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #345
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Its not luck at all really. Theres some luck. But over a stretch luck doesnt come into it.

Anyone who plays poker with some buddies occasionally, i used to play every week in the back of my bar, and the same people would end up winning, everytime. Because they were the best at it. Not because they were the most lucky.

The best players mathematically work out all the percentages of likely hands, to give them more likelyhood of winning.