news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 05-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #526
mic-cord-strangler
Veteran Member

mic-cord-strangler shaolin monk

Standard
Old 05-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #527
mic-cord-strangler
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeru View Post
people can't seem to fold Kings whereas I have no problems with it...

folding KK preflop is in general wrong. unless youre like extremely deep. but most online games playing 100 big blinds deep its a huge mistake to fold KK pre

Last edited by mic-cord-strangler; 05-08-2009 at 04:21 PM.
mic-cord-strangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #528
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic-cord-strangler View Post
folding KK preflop is wrong. unless youre like extremely deep. but most online games playing 100 big blinds deep its a huge mistake to fold KK pre
When you know you're beat...you'd rather call and hope to hit a 2 outer? I've gotten away from Kings a lot preflop or on the flop and I always made the right decision.

I'm not bashing your theory, you obviously know a thing or 2 about poker, but I'm not gonna call something, knowing I'm beat and relying on luck to win a hand.

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #529
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Well yeah bad beats happen to me 2 everyday but not like that, it was 3-4 bet preflop before he shoved, I mean I keep raising, and I dunno...people can't seem to fold Kings whereas I have no problems with it... and today I had pocket K in SB. It was folded to me, cuz I don't like slowplaying in the SB. BB reraised, I reraised he just called. flop was 256 ( 2 spades ) I bet just under pot and he pushes, I instacall, he has Jacks, and he 2 outs me on the river. I wanted to puke.
The thing that kills me the worst is the dominating ace that gets beat by the weaker kicker. If I had to venture a guess I probably run 50/50 or worse in those situations.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #530
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

He's right folding KK preflop is the wrong move. Like Harrington says, even if you are beat, which is really rare, you still have a 19% chance to win. You should take your lumps in a situation like that.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 05-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #531
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
The thing that kills me the worst is the dominating ace that gets beat by the weaker kicker. If I had to venture a guess I probably run 50/50 or worse in those situations.
Man I hate that. There are sooooo many people who think whoa I've got an ace, I so am favorit and call someone who raised in FTA. Problem with the pokerboom these days is that people think they can play poker cuz they saw one episode of HSP or PAD

The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Old 05-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #532
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

http://www.pokerhand.org/?4196472
shit big figgas.

You make a living off this shit?
Old 05-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #533
mic-cord-strangler
Veteran Member

Quote:
When you know you're beat...you'd rather call and hope to hit a 2 outer? I've gotten away from Kings a lot preflop or on the flop and I always made the right decision.

I'm not bashing your theory, you obviously know a thing or 2 about poker, but I'm not gonna call something, knowing I'm beat and relying on luck to win a hand.

can you show some hand histories of where you folded KK preflop and someone else had AA? cause tbh i dont believe it. it mightve happened once sure but...

its just not a good way to go about it.. what do you wanna do? bet and raise and reraise half your stack to THEN find out you think you are beat? this is not good at all. and by the time half your stack is in the pot and theres only a smidgen of a chance your opponent could hold QQ or AK (which there nearly always is) along with AA you have more then enough equity to stick the rest in with KK.

i mean, sure there are situations where you can fold it. say under the gun raises, under the gun+1 3bets, middle position 4bets, then the small blind cold 5bets all-in. and youre in the BB with KK.. obviously these are spots where it can be an easy muck. but in general when theres only one opponent showing strength and youre no more than 100big blinds deep.. dont fold

edit: yes ghostlaced, i do
Old 05-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #534
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
He's right folding KK preflop is the wrong move. Like Harrington says, even if you are beat, which is really rare, you still have a 19% chance to win. You should take your lumps in a situation like that.
Maybe but saying it's wrong, I dunno... I am a tight player ( something I've been bashed for enough around here LOL ) so yeah I can see why you consider it to be wrong.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #535
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Quote:
can you show some hand histories of where you folded KK preflop and someone else had AA? cause tbh i dont believe it. it mightve happened once sure but...

its just not a good way to go about it.. what do you wanna do? bet and raise and reraise half your stack to THEN find out you think you are beat? this is not good at all. and by the time half your stack is in the pot and theres only a smidgen of a chance your opponent could hold QQ or AK (which there nearly always is) along with AA you have more then enough equity to stick the rest in with KK.

i mean, sure there are situations where you can fold it. say under the gun raises, under the gun+1 3bets, middle position 4bets, then the small blind cold 5bets all-in. and youre in the BB with KK.. obviously these are spots where it can be an easy muck. but in general when theres only one opponent showing strength and youre no more than 100big blinds deep.. dont fold

edit: yes ghostlaced, i do
Well I dunno how I can up a handhistory, I've only recently started using Pokeroffice but can't work with it LOL, and I might have exagerated when I said alot LOL, but yeah maybe 2-3 times when I had KK I managed to get away with but like I said preflop or on the flop

Old 05-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #536
oLd_KaiNry
Veteran Member

oLd_KaiNry crouching tiger

Quote:
PS I can't wait to hear what Ol Kainry says I did wrong in that Aces vs Kings hand LOL
see the other reason why youre a donk (other than the fact that youre a loosing player) is that you cant accept badbeats. that shit happens to everybody ! i once got my KK crushed by another KK pflop all-in the guy won wit a flush ! that kind of shit happens to everybody. in the long run your aces will be the winner, but it wont win all the god damn time !

edit: nvm the edit

Last edited by oLd_KaiNry; 05-09-2009 at 11:49 AM.
oLd_KaiNry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #537
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

An explanation of changing gears from someone who grinded 10 cents into $102 in three days just playing sit n gos.

There are many styles of poker play and each style has it's own usefulness in certain situations. Those that stick to the same constant pattern of play are usually dispatched of pretty easily. When pros talk about "changing gears" they are talking about a change in the level of aggression in your play, whether more or less. In a 27 person {non turbo} Sit n Go where the levels go up gradually and you have time to play, your very first objective early should be to NOT GO BROKE. The most effective way to do this, is to play the CHECK-CALL (Hellmuth) style. Some will try the shove-n-double (Brunson) style early with their AK's and AQ's, but this is incorrect, as the only hands that will call you are sure to have you beaten or dominated. Very rarely will you get called with a rag ace, and in my experience when it does happen, I lose anyway.
So, essentially how the Hellmuth style works broken down is, you are trying to stay out of race situations and conserve as many chips as possible, while concealing your hand and reading your opponent's hand and only getting money in when you either A. Know you have the best hand or B. know you can make your opponent fold.
Sound tough? It really isn't, especially if you can read bets well. What you want to do, is no matter the positions, check to your opponent until he leads the action, this way you get the information first, because you are giving your opponent nothing but the opportunity to represent his hand or bluff at weakness. Preflop you want to limp with a lot of the mid range hands and even monsters trying to disguise the strength of your hand. The one caveat with this play, is that you need the patience to fold those monster hands when the board doesn't work out. Personally though, I feel that aces and kings pretty much play themselves, and you should try to get as much money in as you can preflop with them.
The first portion of the tournament should be like this, trapping your opponents for all their chips while taking minimum risk to your own stack. Close to the money with around 6-7 left you should switch to LDP (Phil Laak) Lock down poker, where unless you are a big stack, you tighten up to play only the top 5% of hands. Once you make the money, it's time to switch up again, to aggressive-continuation (Stu Unger) where you should be stealing as many blinds as possible and continuation betting flops to try to steal pots. If you're consistent with a 3X Big Blind preflop raise followed by a 3/4 pot flop bet, you will win a lot of pots. From there it's on to heads up, where the aggressor usually is the victor.

I pretty much followed this strategy to the letter, and the results have been very good.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #538
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^^

I was watching you play on PS tonight in one of your SNGs...one of the ones you were highest ranked in...couldnt say nothing as an observer since I have 1 cent in my PS account....(I think I placed in a freeroll 2 years ago and tried the penny tables) I guess Im sucking out in the freerolls there.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #539
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

I'm playing like dogshit tonight, gimme ur username and I'll send u some cash...taking a break 4 now

Old 05-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #540
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Im "Prolifical" on PS.....yeah I made my account years ago.

The one I watched you placed 4th while some dude with a cactus avatar started sucking out near the end.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote