news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 04-04-2007, 06:30 PM   #76
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

heads up was 1.5 hours? That's crazy! Musta been epic. Wish I was there.

sean remember my credo on tourmaments:A TOURNAMENT IS A MARATHON, NOT A SPRINT. IT DOESNT MATTER HOW MANY HANDS YOU PLAY IT MATTERS HOW LONG YOU LAST, SO DONT BE AFRAID TO PLAY TIGHT.

especially early....

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #77
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

just flopped a royal playing omaha hi/lo one of the perfect times to slowplay.

hand Ah Qh 5h 6s

opponents hand Kd 2d Tc 4h

flop Kh Jh Th

turn Kc

river 9c

all the money went in on the turn

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 04-05-2007, 04:01 AM   #78
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
heads up was 1.5 hours? That's crazy! Musta been epic. Wish I was there.

sean remember my credo on tourmaments:A TOURNAMENT IS A MARATHON, NOT A SPRINT. IT DOESNT MATTER HOW MANY HANDS YOU PLAY IT MATTERS HOW LONG YOU LAST, SO DONT BE AFRAID TO PLAY TIGHT.

especially early....

yeah, i won a large hand early, and thought i had my opponent read, which i did, until the river. when he rivered a straight and took my chips.

heads up was epic, three times when both players were all in with fairly equal chip stacks, they both had the same hand. they must have split the pot a total of 4 or 5 times that night.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #79
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Todays Omaha Lesson

Playing the proper starting hand:

In Omaha playing the proper starting hand is almost as important as winning the hand itself. The real object of Omaha is to make the nuts or close to it. Still I see players playing any four random starting hands. Since the mean winning hand in Omaha is the nut flush, You should be looking to make a hand as good as a straight. Playing low suited cards to try and catch a flush is a no-no as is playing low pairs to try and catch a boat. I just assume avoid the mess caused by playing bottom set and dump any pair lower than 66. These are the premium starting hands in Omaha.

The Two best-

AAKK - double suited
AAJT - double suited

although AAKK is a slightly higher percentage than AAJT, most pros would agree that AAJT is the better hand due to the amount of nut straights it makes.

Other great starting hands

four running cards

QJT9 and JT98 are the best of these, the purpose of which is to make the nut straight.

Double Suited cards

while this is a good drawing hand you want your flush draws to be as high as possible.

pair + connectors

KKQJ, QQJT, JJT9

hands like these are very playable, especially if double suited

two gap connectors

KQ98 , JT76

these hands make the best straight draw possible if the two middle cards come. This is called the Maine to Spain draw. Lets say you have KQ98 and the flop comes JT3. You have an A,9,8,7 to make the nut straight and a K,Q for the 2nd nut straight. This is nearly half the deck to make a straight and two streets to catch.

The biggest piece of advice I can give while deciding on a starting hand is avoid hands with a dangler and hands in that make two good starting hands in hold 'em but don't work together in Omaha.

examples of bad starting hands

KQJ2 - deuce dangler

AK33 - ace king is nothing in omaha, so are treys

TT54 - only a set of tens will help you here

9983 - you have 99 and 98 but the three is a bad dangler

These hands are more or less a waste of money. In omaha you want four cards that mesh well together.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #80
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

The misconception of preflop play in omaha.

I see people all the time at a 9 handed Omaha table raise preflop. This is an incorrect move. Omaha is not Hold 'em. Lyle Berman says there is NO HAND WORTH PUTTING THE 1ST RAISE IN PREFLOP. That's not to say you can't re-raise to isolate with a hand like aces preflop. In a game like pot limit omaha, the 1st raise is never enough to push anybody out and therefore you are pricing multiple opponents to call. If multiple opponents call you are no longer a favorite to win the hand. The pot will always get big enough in PL, and since you are chasing the nuts, its always better to see cheap flops.

Let me show you a shocking example of why aces are nothing in Omaha

Your hand As Ad 3h 2d

opponents hand Js Ts 9d 8d

guess who's ahead preflop? NOT YOU. Your opponent is a 52% to 48% favorite. Aces pretty much shrink after that don't they? In a game where people are chasing straights, flushes, and fullhouses aces only help you make a boat, and if the board doesn't pair, you can't make a boat.

In Summation save the preflop raising for when you get to 5 of 4 people left. Your chances of winning are much better then.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #81
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

played anothr game of texas hold em' on saturday night after work, my brother cleaned up, beating me and my mates fairly easily. game went for fucking ages though.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #82
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Anyone here play on World Poker Exchange? My brother is pro and its the only place he plays online now.

Since the site get most of its money off of sporting bets, they give you some of the rake at the end of the week. My brother claims he makes between $250-500 per week on the rakeback, thats from playing over 500 hands a day on multiple tables though...I dont know what tables he plays at...I think its mostly $10-20. Apparently the site also pays you if you give them a game number where you lose with AA. So if it is at the $1-2 tables you will get $25 back.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:36 AM   #83
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Anyone want to see a limit hold em final table?

If so, go to absolute poker and look for tourny # 1504503 freeroll limit HL

7 people left out of 4000 look for beautifulrok

Last edited by beautifulrock; 04-10-2007 at 01:41 AM.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:49 AM   #84
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

wow, that was grueling. 6 hours and 28 minutes later I finished an unbelievable heads up match. It was like a tug of war. We were back and forth for about 30 minutes, (a lifetime for internet poker heads up) but alas I finished 2nd. Limit hold 'em probably is my worst game so this finish was surprising to me. At one point in the tourny I was shortstacked and all in preflop with 3s. After hitting a boat and quadrupling up I went on a run and took the chip lead just before the final table. I played extremely tight from then on whittling my chips away until I made my move 3 handed. What a tourny!

Old 04-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #85
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I always end up around 100th out of a few thousand in those freerolls so I end up getting a few cents.

Of course the tight players always last a few hours in any tournament but then there is a time when you need to start changing gears before you end up playing against those monster stacks so its even hard trying to steal the blinds since the blinds + ante will pretty much double your stack and give you 2 more bets. So of course I end up blinding out.

Around that time of the tourney I expect those players to play tighter but in fact players per flop is like 40%.

In those freerolls I find it more effective to play a little bit looser in the first level when the blinds are only 20/10 with 1500 chips. Then tighten up after 20 mins when the later blinds in the hour dont affect your stack as much if your not catching cards.

What time do the freerolls usually start on absolute and how much? On Paradise they are at 1:30 pm EST and 11:00 pm EST. I might give absolute a try.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #86
netscape check two
N.I.

netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Not to sound like a smart ass, but I'm really, really tired of the whole poker craze in the last few years. I don't know why they put poker on like 10 different tv channels. It's about as exciting to watch as golf. And what's with putting it on ESPN? I wouldn't really consider it a 'sport'. Every bar/club across the country has those poker tournaments now, and it gets to be rather annoying hearing about them all the time. I never even heard of Texas Hold Em until about two years ago, and since then it's become more popular than two dollar Sally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
How am I a troll and what's a troll?
netscape check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #87
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Not to sound like a smart ass, but I'm really, really tired of the whole poker craze in the last few years. I don't know why they put poker on like 10 different tv channels. It's about as exciting to watch as golf. And what's with putting it on ESPN? I wouldn't really consider it a 'sport'. Every bar/club across the country has those poker tournaments now, and it gets to be rather annoying hearing about them all the time. I never even heard of Texas Hold Em until about two years ago, and since then it's become more popular than two dollar Sally.
I guess thats the catch of the game. I probably started playing the game about 6-7 years ago....it was kind of popular then but not nearly as it is today...with the TV...poker sets you can buy anywhere for like 20 bucks.

There is so much more strategy involved in the game above traditional poker. I guess sometimes those strategy games are seen as sports.

The concept why it got so popular is there are so many people that think they are better than they really are at the game and think they can win. Therefore there is even more money for the true players in the game to actually win.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #88
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

I consider anything where you keep score a sport. Check two, you obviously have never actually played poker, or else you wouldn't talk that way. It is one of the most fun and addicting things on the planet.

Absolute just changed up their freeroll format, now all the freerolls are also 50c rebuys so the pot is bigger than usual. They play about every 2 hours on the 15 minute mark. sign-ups are limited to 4000 and 1st pays anywhere from 30-60 dollars depending on the game you play. 63 places pay

Old 04-10-2007, 06:12 PM   #89
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

I am thinking of going back to UltimateBet (Hellmuth's site) and see if its still fun. They're gimmick is ultimate points...so for every dollar or something you put into a pot you get an ultimate point....also if you play with play money for an hour you can get 1 ultimate point.

When you get enough you can play with your ultimate points as your chips. The ultimate points get get you a list of prizes and I think you can enter certain freeroll tourneys with the ultimate points where the pool is like $500 instead of $100 and stuff.

You need like millions of U.P.s to get the expensive prizes...so in reality 1 U.P. is worth a fraction of a cent.

I guess Paradise has their point system too...I play in those $1000 freerolls sometimes...they only have around 250 entries.

I never went on pokerstars in a while...even though I wear the pokerstars.com cap around all the time...lol Dont even think I have it installed anymore.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #90
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

i reged to absolute, yeah they have NL, PL and Limit tourneys all on the same day....I dont know about limit poker tourneys with that many people....that would take forever unless the blinds go up fast enough....its easier to count your bets out though.