news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: killa beez - the swarm
classic 42 37.50%
banger 66 58.93%
average 4 3.57%
mediocre 0 0%
wack 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2006, 07:03 AM   #16
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Angel
Surely The Swarm is not on the same level as 36 Chambers, OB4CL, Liquid Swords or Ironman, but still it's a Wu banga. It's in the same league as The Pillage, The Last Shall Be First or Heist Of The Century. I don't agree that Cobra Clutch is the only classic song on here, what about '97 Mentality alone??
Ok I'll give you 97 Mentality

The album is good, but not classic. That word gets thrown around too freely, making it meaningless.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:49 AM   #17
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

a bangin album in my estimation.

hiphop classic?...HELL NO! personal classic?....nah.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:50 AM   #18
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default poll

poll
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:05 AM   #19
Hellspawn
Guardian of the 1st house

Hellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killa
Send a message via MSN to Hellspawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriszy Substance
ABSOLUTE CLASSIC IMO. This wu-fam album is single handedly responsible for me falling in love with Wutang and made me want to know more.

We bring nothing but punishment
Like nice be runnin' shit (I always thought they said Black Knights be runnin' shit)
have 'em runnin' quick
Uppercuts is what we coming with
Fuck the government
I grab the mic, that's when the thunder hit
Never love a bitch
Rhymes echo throughout the dungeon pits

This whole album brings back so many memories. For me, its perfect. Wouldn't skip a song and would listen to it anytime.
^^co-sign
Hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:18 AM   #20
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

Where is the Intro track?
01. Intro
02. Royal Fam - The Legacy 5/5
03. Sunz Of Man ft. Timbo King - Concrete Jungle 5/5
04. Shyheim & Hell Razah - Co-Defendant 5/5
05. Inspectah Deck & Streetlife - S.O.S. 4.5/5
06. Wu-Tang Clan ft. Streetlife - Execute Them 5/5
07. A.I.G. - Bronx War Stories 3/5
08. RZA ft. Method Man & Killarmy - And Justice For All 4.5/5
09. Black Knights & Nothstar - Punishment 4/5
10. Ruthless Bastards - Bastards 4,5/5
11. The Beggaz - On The Strength 4.5/5
12. Ghostface Killah - Cobra Clutch 4.5/5
13. Remedy - Never Again 4.5/5
14. Wu-Syndicate - Where Was Heaven? 4.5/5
15. Cappadonna ft.Ghostface Killah - '97 Mentality 5/5
16. Black Knights & Northstar - Fatal Sting 2/5

Overall 4.5/5 Man someone stole my uncles cd car player and this cd happened to be in there so I gotta buy a new one.
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:51 AM   #21
rubyspirit
Ridin' in the Wu-mobile

rubyspirit grasshopper

two thumbs up!
rubyspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:28 AM   #22
LORD ZERO
THE SHADOW DRAGON

LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to LORD ZERO Send a message via MSN to LORD ZERO Send a message via Yahoo to LORD ZERO

My Favs On This Joint Were:
97 Mentality
Cobra Clutch
Punishment
Fatal Sting
Bronx War Stories
Co-defendants
Execute Them
The Legacy

All Classic Bangaz Right There
LORD ZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #23
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

am i the only 1 who thinks shoot on sight SOS is the absolute shit, when i 1st heard it i had to play it back like 10 times street and deck are fucking sick
oh yeah and 97 mentality is in my top 10....of favorite wu songs....ever

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #24
IRAN
Terrorist

IRAN shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASTARD SWORD View Post
My Favs On This Joint Were:
97 Mentality
Cobra Clutch
Punishment
Fatal Sting
Bronx War Stories
Co-defendants
Execute Them
The Legacy

All Classic Bangaz Right There
What about Bastard?? Thats a fucking classic!! I fucking love that song.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #25
ironwizard
Veteran Member

ironwizard grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
am i the only 1 who thinks shoot on sight SOS is the absolute shit, when i 1st heard it i had to play it back like 10 times street and deck are fucking sick
oh yeah and 97 mentality is in my top 10....of favorite wu songs....ever
Word, SOS is my favorite track on the album. I really like this album, it´s grimey as hell.

I remember when I first got it (this was actually my first wu-related album btw), I couldn´t really get into it. I was also pretty new to hiphop at that point. I felt it was too dirty sounding, it felt amateurish and not catchy, lol! (yeah, I know). Now, I love it for all those reasons. It certainly has to grow on you, but to a lesser extent when you´re used to this type of hiphop.

I wouldn´t rate it a classic, as so many on this site does. It´s a great album. But alot of the lyrics don´t have enough depth to qualify as classic material.
I also don´t think that alot of the killa bees are talented enough. Not that they´re bad, but compared to the generals, they´re nothing specials.

I´ll rate this album 9/10, and a lot of that goes to the beats alone. To me the best tracks are the ones with the core members on them. I love the sound of the album, it has that pure wu-tang vibe that I love, so fucking grimey.
ironwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:32 PM   #26
Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
FAGMA LOVES MENS COCK

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition's Avatar

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition

Classic..

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:32 PM   #27
abasi
Veteran Member

abasi grasshopper

The album is a personal classic , I like Punishment and Fatal Sting the Black Knights and North Star both shined on those songs. Rip Doc Doom
abasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:58 PM   #28
Masta Chilla
Fist of Justice

Masta Chilla crouching tigerMasta Chilla crouching tiger
Send a message via ICQ to Masta Chilla Send a message via MSN to Masta Chilla

why is the "the legacy" described as a track from A.I.G on tha cover?
Masta Chilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #29
Leo Angel
Veteran Member

Leo Angel crouching tigerLeo Angel crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Johnson View Post
why is the "the legacy" described as a track from A.I.G on tha cover?
Wu always had problem with back covers, just look at Liquid Swords or Bulletproof Wallets
Leo Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #30
pep
rockin old ponys

pep iron monkeypep iron monkeypep iron monkeypep iron monkeypep iron monkey
Default The Swarm Vol I

Bangin that shit right now..build with me man....did timbo kill the legacy or what?? Where the flck is SUNZ?????? In the jungle, we rumble with the beast ya dig????? Ain't nothin sweet we gotta eat.....
pep is offline   Reply With Quote