news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #1
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey
Default Whats the best new cd from this Houston/down South rap movement?

Okay I finally want to investigate this Houton rap/down south movement that is so hot on the charts and TV.....whats the best new Rap cd from the south thats come out in the last couple years.......cause all the singles thats on MTV seem very average to me.....So whats the best album of this down south shit......Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Young Jeezy, Slim Thug, Mike Jones, TI, Lil Wayne, Bun B, etc???? I want to hear what all the hype is about...

the only one I have really heard is the new BUN B cd, and i thought that sucked it was all over the place.....trying to appeal to all markets ie) TRavis Barker from Blink 182, Ying Yang Twins, etc......made for a shitty album......so is there actually a good cd from this downsouth movement that is so hot the last year or two?

PS before people start saying OUTKAST, SCARFACE, etc.....I am talking about these new cats who are all over MTV and the charts right now..

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto

Last edited by tical2000; 05-20-2006 at 01:29 AM.
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:35 AM   #2
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to brown_dogg

Apparently the Paul Wall album has pretty solid beats. A lot of ppl like to bump it in their rides. He's not a great rapper at all, but the production is good.

The new T.I. album is garbage. I used to enjoy listening to T.I., but after hearing his new album I'd rather not listen to him anymore. There's maybe three or four bangers, and the rest is garbage.

I agree with what you said about the Bun B album. Althought it did have more bangers than the T.I. in my opinion, there's still too much shit on it.

And I checked out the Lil Wayne album, but I'm not feeling it at all. The beats don't fit his style too well, so it sounds like shit.

And well Luda is southern too, but Red Light District wasn't too great either.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:46 AM   #3
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dogg
Apparently the Paul Wall album has pretty solid beats. A lot of ppl like to bump it in their rides. He's not a great rapper at all, but the production is good.

The new T.I. album is garbage. I used to enjoy listening to T.I., but after hearing his new album I'd rather not listen to him anymore. There's maybe three or four bangers, and the rest is garbage.

I agree with what you said about the Bun B album. Althought it did have more bangers than the T.I. in my opinion, there's still too much shit on it.

And I checked out the Lil Wayne album, but I'm not feeling it at all. The beats don't fit his style too well, so it sounds like shit.

And well Luda is southern too, but Red Light District wasn't too great either.
Ya I dl'ed the new TI from all the hype.....I always thought TI had some dope singles, and kind of a smooth flow.....but KING like most rap albums today have alot of filler.....so I think its not that great of an album.....

....as far as LUDA, I dont really consider him in this post casue he's been around for a while....I just wanted some info on these new cats, that are alll over the charts and TV

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:50 AM   #4
Full Metal Kid
I despise your killing.

Full Metal Kid grasshopper

i think chamillionaire has some nice underground songs, but his album wasnt as ill as the mixtapes of him