news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-31-2006, 06:53 PM   #106
Jon Quest

Jon Quest grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Jon Quest

he pays homage when he bites....there was no bitin on reasonable doubt...jay z is a legend
Jon Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:31 PM   #107
Dick_Greyson

Dick_Greyson grasshopper
Send a message via ICQ to Dick_Greyson Send a message via AIM to Dick_Greyson Send a message via MSN to Dick_Greyson Send a message via Yahoo to Dick_Greyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT View Post
you sound like a fucking idiot saying dat all the time
u sound like you're tryin to diss me and dismiss what i said. Normal reaction for people with nothing to say.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:37 PM   #108
Dick_Greyson

Dick_Greyson grasshopper
Send a message via ICQ to Dick_Greyson Send a message via AIM to Dick_Greyson Send a message via MSN to Dick_Greyson Send a message via Yahoo to Dick_Greyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiamondrecords View Post
he pays homage when he bites....there was no bitin on reasonable doubt...jay z is a legend
So i guess master-p was just payin homage to Pac with dat only god can judge me shit? Cuz people really thought he was bitin...hmmm funny. Maybe its not what you do but who you are that makes you either a biter or a respectful artist who recognizes past greats. And i guess everybody with a few platinum albums are legends huh?
Old 09-01-2006, 11:56 AM   #109
IronSheik
The Birth Of A Prince

IronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to IronSheik Send a message via Skype™ to IronSheik

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple View Post
and Nas may be nice with the pen but his word doesnt mean much.
fine but he still killed it on Ether and won the so called battle.....we didnt hear shit from jay after that.....so every1 knows wssup there

anyway....im done with this & ive already commented on what jay has done to hip hop.......some1 said he pays homage? fine.....then his ENTIRE catalog is jus payin homage to MC's from NaS to Big to Snoop so he cant say he's the GOAT or king of NY, etc. since he recycles other artists rhymes consistently

bottom line is.......i never have and never felt jay's style....his wordplay is wack 2 me and his commercial success came from him being a 'Pop Artist' & jus being consistent.......releasing an album every year from when Reasonable Doubt dropped....his catalog got him over

but for example when GzA drops an album its a gem & damn near close 2 bein a CLASSIC everytime but none of jay's shit comes anywhere near that

"ahhh well maybe 1 of them shits is due...." (Reasonable Doubt like some u think so we'll give em that)...."lets see thas a 1 hit album every 10 years & thas so LAAAAAAAME!!!!!"

Last edited by IronSheik; 09-01-2006 at 12:02 PM.
IronSheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #110
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

funny thing is you didnt' even know hova was biting untill he had beef with cam, you know it all "god"

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:00 AM   #111
IronSheik
The Birth Of A Prince

IronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venoms

Quote:
funny thing is you didnt' even know hova was biting untill he had beef with cam, you know it all "god"
who da fuk said i didnt know jay was bitin until beef w/cam?......if u went back and read this entire thread from the beginning ull see that i pointed out that cam was the one who finally exposed jay (prooved it on wax that lotta jay's catalog was bitten) whether he's not a better MC than jay or not is not the point

& jay may have talent....nobody contests that but he's no where near any of the REAL all-time top tier MCs.......he even got murked by NaS after his sad lil diss track.....but NaS put him into retirement with Ether & now he signs him to DefJam & they're 'best friends' like how cam says on his diss track....haha
Old 09-03-2006, 01:34 AM   #112
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiamondrecords View Post
Yes, he did some biting on RD.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 04:47 AM   #113
Dante
Devils never cry

Dante grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via Yahoo to Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Greyson View Post
You obviously have never heard Reasonable Doubt, which is better than most rappers entire catalouges, and i don't see any MC fucking with his flow
Kiddin me? Everybody brings up dat album when i talk about Jay. Da shit was so so... Normal. Nuthin new. Nuthin special... Dude touched on some deep shit here and there. LOL hell lots ah rappers do dat... I can't honestly imagine any Jay album competin against any GZA, Raekwon, GFK, or Eminem album. I feel as if you shouldn't be allowed to say dem niggas names in da same sentence. Its propaganda and bullshit corporate politics dat sold Reasonable Doubt and made it a so called classic. I doubt any of Jay's albums would survive outside of New York with no commercial support.

I'm makin short term goals,whonder whether foes
just put away the leathers and put ice on the gold
chilly with enough bail money to free a big willy
high stakes, i got more at stake than philly
shoppin sprees, copin three, duece fever i guess its fully loaded,
ah yes,
bouncin in the lex luger, tires smoke like buddha
50 g's to the crap shooter,
niggas can't fade me
chrome socks beamin, through my periphial i see ya schemin
stop dreamin',i leave ya body steamin
niggas is feenin, whats the meanin
i'm leanin on any nigga intervenin with the sound of my money machine-in
my cuff runnin over with hundreds
im one of the best niggas that done it
six digits and runnin,
y'all niggas don't want it
i got the godfather flow, the don juan demarco
swear to god, don't get it fucked up - Jay- Z

Tell me dat shit ain't superficial and madd materialistic... I think i heard lil flip, T.I., Jeezy, Wayne and so many others rap about da same shit.

[/quote]

LOL at you mentinoning Eminem, none of his albums come anywhere near RD, GZA and Rae have only ONE album that is better than RD, actually to be honest i like RD more than OB4CL, i like LS more than RD tho, and i like RD more than any of Ghost albums, and im a huge Wu fan, im just not a blind hater like yourself. TI and Lil Flip may have the same CONTENT as Jay in RD, but guess what? So did Rae on Cuban Linx, and Nas on IWW. But it's alright when they do it because you like them right? Jay's lyricism on RD was amazing, great punchlines, sick wordplay ect...GZA is the only Wu member thats lyrically up there with Jay, even GZA himself has said that Jay is a very clever MC.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:47 AM   #114
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

^^all rappers say the same shit, it's how hova said it...he was lyrical...a lot of yall seem to not understand what lyrcism is. dropping knowledge does not make an MC lyrical by any means. being lyrical has to do with structure.

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #115
maestro wooz
Veteran Member

maestro wooz Village Idiot

god, how do you people hate on reasonable doubt. I can understand hating on jay, but reasonable doubt??? are you serious??? that shit is certified 100% greatness, wake the fuck up
maestro wooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #116
Dante
Devils never cry

Dante grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via Yahoo to Dante

Quote:
^^all rappers say the same shit, it's how hova said it...he was lyrical...a lot of yall seem to not understand what lyrcism is. dropping knowledge does not make an MC lyrical by any means. being lyrical has to do with structure.

EXACTLY, and NOT too many MC's are fucking with Hov's structure.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #117
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Here it is , plain and simple - Cam ruined the ROC. The feud between Dame an Jay closed the deal. These cats dont even need to be talked about when we got so much other things to talk about in hip hop. For real. We got mf's like the Wu maintaining four years after Rae said they only had a few fights left in em. It's Wu tang forever for real, that shit is serious. You got a Lyrical beast breakin records an he in a wheel chair fightin with the other half of him. The two mf's combined is a force to not be messed with. You got all types a shit going on right now an talkin bout these cats aint got no purpose. In a world where words produce action like they do , I would think that ppl are tired of The ROC altogether. idk.......
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:57 AM   #118
IronSheik
The Birth Of A Prince

the father to jay's style....main dude that he stabbed in the back and snaked to get what he has but all these kats like Beanie should have learned from that

Old 07-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #119
june181972
Cream of the Corp

june181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken masta

:32 - :47 = 99 Problems

1:00 - 1:10 = I Just Wanna Love U (Give it to Me)
june181972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #120
Shadow Demon
PRODIGAL SUN

Shadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venoms

Money breeds envy

whether Jay is wack or not his huge amount of wealth and fame relative to the likes of Camron, pisses rappers like Camron off

these disses dont mean shit to Jay Z because hes getting paid more than Camron

id suggest these bitter rappers spend more time on their craft

Shadow Demon is offline   Reply With Quote