news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-26-2006, 12:14 PM   #16
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.C Diesel
Gimmick? If they are Christian, how is it a gimmick? By that post, you are pretty much saying that everyone who keeps it real, & talk themselves, instead of biting off the next fool is a gimmick emcee. Unless of course your only down with carbon copies.

PEACE
no, thats not what i'm saying at all don't put words in my mouth dickrider take it easy....their faith has nothing to do with it...they're MARKETING themselves as a CHRISTAN RAP GROUP, thats their gimmick right there. rappers who are christan. does AZ and big daddy kane and shit call their shit MUSLIM RAP MUSIC? stop preaching like you have any idea what the fuck you are talking about, cause you're getting played and can't see the truth.

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:40 PM   #17
imyopusha

imyopusha grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple
no, thats not what i'm saying at all don't put words in my mouth dickrider take it easy....their faith has nothing to do with it...they're MARKETING themselves as a CHRISTAN RAP GROUP, thats their gimmick right there. rappers who are christan. does AZ and big daddy kane and shit call their shit MUSLIM RAP MUSIC? stop preaching like you have any idea what the fuck you are talking about, cause you're getting played and can't see the truth.
Man you're an idiot. Their is no marketing involved, most christian MC's don't call themselves "christian MC's" they just simply rap about different things. And one of those things happens to be their faith. If anybody is marketing, its the shit rap on the radio and MTV, pretending to be hard and gangster and all that bullshit.
imyopusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:23 PM   #18
White_Mouse
student of the culture

White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to White_Mouse Send a message via Yahoo to White_Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by imyopusha
Man you're an idiot. Their is no marketing involved, most christian MC's don't call themselves "christian MC's" they just simply rap about different things. And one of those things happens to be their faith. If anybody is marketing, its the shit rap on the radio and MTV, pretending to be hard and gangster and all that bullshit.
AMEN!!!!
yea liek if u ever listen to "lightheaded" Omegha Watts and Braille do alot of christian tracks.

peep this sight as well

www.holycultureradio.com
White_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:24 PM   #19
White_Mouse
student of the culture

White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

also it's just rap that represents people's faith . . .
how is THAT a "gimmick"?
Old 05-26-2006, 04:52 PM   #20
White_Mouse
student of the culture

one more thing, did u know the pioneers of hip-hop are even doing "chistian stuff" such as . . . KURTIS BLOW, and KRS ONE!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 05:55 PM   #21
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

it's hard to argue with people who have no comprehension skills....THEM BEING CHRISTAN ISN'T WHY IT'S A GIMMICK. THEY'RE USING THE FACT THAT THEY'RE CHRISTAN AS A MARKETING GIMMICK WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, KRSONE AND KURTISBLOW WEREN'T MARKETED AS "CHRISTANRAPPERS" ITS A TITLE LEARN THE RAP GAME FOOLS

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #22
White_Mouse
student of the culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple
it's hard to argue with people who have no comprehension skills....THEM BEING CHRISTAN ISN'T WHY IT'S A GIMMICK. THEY'RE USING THE FACT THAT THEY'RE CHRISTAN AS A MARKETING GIMMICK WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, KRSONE AND KURTISBLOW WEREN'T MARKETED AS "CHRISTANRAPPERS" ITS A TITLE LEARN THE RAP GAME FOOLS
ok i see what your saying. It is wack that their music is sold in christian suburbian stores where most hip-hoppers wouldn't even go. (that includedes me i order mine of the internet)lol
And i think it would be better if they just made their music, talked about what they wanted, and AVOIDED the lable "christian".
i see what u are saying and agree for the most part.
but u should still listen to them and not sleep. lol
Old 05-26-2006, 06:28 PM   #23
cboals

cboals shaolin monk

Man, fuck that idea of a gimmick too. How are they gonna make any money? Judging by the response from many of you, the "hip-hop community" to this thread, how is a rapper whose material isn't about mainstream"hip-hop" topic supposed to break into that market. Its no gimmick, its making music that you are proud of and then pushing it on a responsive audience. Fuck, man WU does it its just not a gimmick because you are part of the crowd they are marketing too.
cboals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:32 PM   #24
White_Mouse
student of the culture

some people like it. . . some don't what can i say?
Old 05-26-2006, 08:36 PM   #25
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I hated the idea of christian rap at first but hip hop is about self expression and being real to yourself meaning you have the right to rhyme about your life and experiences, plus some of these dudes are dope mc's and you have to respect that.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 04:14 PM   #26
White_Mouse
student of the culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN
I hated the idea of christian rap at first but hip hop is about self expression and being real to yourself meaning you have the right to rhyme about your life and experiences, plus some of these dudes are dope mc's and you have to respect that.
I am sooo glad u feel that wya dude.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:05 PM   #27
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

A good friend of mine is actually a member of a group called 29th chapter, he goes by the name McGladius and they currently have one album out and are in the process of releasing another, I know this cos they asked me to come down for a photo shoot for their album. you can check for them at www.29thchapter.com

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:50 AM   #28
FlamingSwordz
Veteran Member

FlamingSwordz drunken mastaFlamingSwordz drunken masta

I must admit, Ain't Sayin' Nothing by Grits is damn good, I loved that track when they played it inbetween some non-Christain hip-hop back in the mid-90's I believe it dropped. It was the only Christian Hip-Hop track I ever heard played on that station (CJSW 90.9FM for all you Calgary fellas).

When I lived with my dad back before that Grits shit dropped, he played a lot of that D-Boy guy... hehe can't remember if he was good or not, but it was awhile ago. I personally don't listen to any Christain stuff anymore besides that one Grits song which I still love.
FlamingSwordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:56 AM   #29
imyopusha

imyopusha grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpOk3N
No one has mentioned Sage Francis Yet
He's not a christian MC though man, hes edge and vegan. But I dont sense any christian in him. I hate saying that too, like I know him or something, but from what I can tell he doesnt claim the christian faith in his music, if I am wrong and you know otherwise, please feel free to correct me.
imyopusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #30
dimi

dimi grasshopper

Christian Hip-Hop>>lol dis is like a oxymoron

never heard of it though