news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-22-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms
Default You Know What I Hate About Record Companies That Are Run By White People?

They be telling rappers and r&b singers how their music is supposed to sound so they can sell records. First of all, how can a white man tell a black artist how their music should sound when white people can't relate to blacks? LOL. White people aren't black. White people don't live in the hood and they don't see the stuff that blacks in the hood see everyday. A black artist should rap or sing about what they see and what they know. That's why so many rappers suck today because they're caught up in talking about ignorant shit like their cars, jewelry, money, clothes, sex, violence because that's what the white man who is in charge of the record companies telling them to talk about that because that's what sells. I'm also disappointed in a lot of rappers who have been in the game a long time that are signing with mainstream labels because that's what selling. I'm talking about Mobb Deep and M.O.P. They have really disappointed me because Mobb Deep and M.O.P. don't need 50 Cent to sell records. They both have been in the game long enough to stay underground and have their own record labels. If they were smart which they aren't, they should've been saving their money so they can have their own record companies and continue to make the kinda music they wanna make. I also wanna talk about R Kelly, LL Cool J, Ludacris, Nas, Snoop Dogg, Charlie Wilson of The Gap Band. They have also fell victim to changing with the times and changing their styles to sell records. Charlie has Justin Timberlake and Will I.A.M. of Black Eyed Peas on his new album. Justin Timberlake on a Charlie Wilson album? Hahahahahahahahahaha. I can't believe Charlie put that clown on his album. I'm sure his record company told him to do that. Charlie should've collaborated with Skip Martin of Dazz Band, Cameo, James Taylor of Kool And The Gang on his album instead of these wack artists. LL has really fell victim to changing his style to appeal to the wack black teenagers today who buy music. The r&b artists he has on his new album is really pathetic. He shouldn't have gone that route because he's been in the game long enough that he doesn't need to go platinum. He should've kept it hardcore. So many black singers and rappers spend their money foolishly and that's why they don't have their own record companies and they aren't in control of their publishing. My point regarding this topic is black artists need to be in control of their music and own their own record companies so they can make the music they wanna make because if i was a artist, i'd be damn if a white man is gonna tell me how my music should sound when he's not black.

That's why artists like Scarface, Too Short, MC Ren, Geto Boys, Cormega, Kool G Rap, Rakim, UGK, MC Eiht, Spice 1, Paris, Public Enemy, KRS One, Jeru The Damaja, Freddie Foxxx, Canibus, Wu Tang, Boot Camp Click and other underground artists will always be respected by black men in the streets because they will never sell out and make wack music that the white man who runs the record companies want them to make. Of course these artists would like their music to sell but when they don't sell records, they don't give a damn because they're making their music for the streets and their music is real. Artists need to remember that rap music started in the streets and it should be kept in the streets. Like Dr Dre said when he was with NWA, if NWA would've made radio records, they would've failed because they didn't wanna make radio friendly records. They wanted to make music that was real and that's why they were successful. Same thing with Ice T. He didn't wanna make music for the radio. His music was for the streets because he came from the streets and he was a hustler and gang banger.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 01:47 PM   #2
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

Remember when KRS One said on My Philosophy song that it's not about a salary, it's all about reality? Reality is what rap music is supposed to be about. Even Willie D of Geto Boys said on I Ain't Changin Shit song that what pays the bills is reality. Willie D had me laughing on his Unbreakable song when he said the fans ain't even buying the records no more for content. They buying images and what they see is what they get hahahahahahahahahaha. I agree with him with that statement. That's exactly what is happening today in the rap game. Young black men are buying wack rappers albums because they're buying images instead of content.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE

I am not agreeing with you or anything. I rather stay neutral, but is funny you say that because I was at the C Ray Wallz, R.A The Rugged Man's show last night and R.A said the same exact thing. He was snapping on RAWKUS Records and how its ran by two hippies (LOL). he said "How you gonna say RAWKUS is real hip hop and you drop Kool G Rap."
Old 04-22-2006, 01:57 PM   #4
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

I remember reading a article about Rawkus records in The Source a long time ago and the two white guys who ran the record company talked about why the company went outta business. I remember Kool G Rap saying he was pissed about Rawkus telling him what artists they wanted him to put on his album. He said he didn't wanna collaborate with Snoop Dogg and r&b group Jagged Edge on his album LOL. He said the label told him to do that. It's a shame how Rawkus did Kool G Rap because his The Giacanna Story album kept getting delayed and i know Kool G was pissed about that. When it finally did come out, people had forgotten about the album. I like the album. Kool G Rap used to have his own label called Ill Street records when his Roots Of Evil album came out in 1998. I didn't like that album.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:02 PM   #5
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

i had always thought steve rifkind was white!
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:58 AM   #6
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectahChek
"How you gonna say RAWKUS is real hip hop and you drop Kool G Rap."
he got a point there though....

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:16 AM   #7
PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
DEVIL BASTARD!!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal son

fuck off with the racist shit
Old 05-12-2006, 11:57 AM   #8
Funk_Dock
Wu_gambino

Funk_Dock grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Funk_Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
fuck off with the racist shit
my words exactly

its funny how u think its coz of white people that most rappers nowadays are rappin about the same old bullshit, just coz it happened on one label? man dont u think that happens on every other label?? im sure every major label is run by white people.....

if anything, we should be 'blaming' the rappers themselves, sure the labels have a major part in it, but if rappers like kool g rap can refuse to go pop then why cant all the others?

still standin tall
Funk_Dock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:53 PM   #9
pussy-with-teeth
Banned

pussy-with-teeth grasshopper

rofl u talk alot of bullshit

if they dont want to stay at the label....they can leave..its all up to them

ima tell u the truth..most mcs rap about juwels, money and hoes cause they want to by them self...they want money----most of ya dudes just dont get that...nothin wrong with this move...ya would do the same thing if it brings u 100000000 instead of 1000 or somethig like that

iam not dissapointed at all by mop movin over to gunit....if they can make some bread out of that - it was a good thing....

the standart rap bout bitches and whateva can on the same level as "real" rap...sorry true story....

of course i dont like them total sell out rappers but to most of yall peeps - everything that sells is = sell out and thats wrong...outkast been selling dimond since aqui but they always had shit on lock imo...ghost is alot more mainstream right now, though he aint selling, but he still kicks fiya....nellys first album was straight... a lot of mainstream rap with the usual topics were sick..think about that...sometimes i have a feeling ya dudes are always hatin on sellin music cause yall dont wanna be down with that - in no way...yall aint even listing....ya know its on the charts so ya hate...kanye west made a damn good first album but he gets hated fo some reason i dont even have to name cause yall know what iam up to

50 cent is just wack....but there are many mcs in the mainstream with a commercial subject matter who are nice...man if u can master that rap style - why shouldnt it be hot...jay z been tellin folks hes tha king troughout 90% of his songs and i liked it, even though i never felt he was top 5 or something like that
pussy-with-teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #10
Kenny Powers
quik one

Kenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken masta

Without the "white people" at the record labels, the artists wouldnt have jobs. And the only reason they tell the artists how their shit should sound is because they all got educated in marketing and know what the public will like to hear. Industry people are investing so much money into artists that they should have a say in how something sounds.So why dont you focus on the music and stop bitching about "the man" holding you down.

Last edited by Kenny Powers; 05-12-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Kenny Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #11
pussy-with-teeth
Banned

pussy-with-teeth grasshopper

yeah man and at the end of the day - its the black man who has the last desission...he can stay and do what he was told or he can leave and hit a new label with a black man as a boss...

but they dont..u know why...cause they want the money too

black people = downfall of hip hop

all them wack rappers that made that wack ass music = black....simple fact..
pussy-with-teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #12
G-Gka-Genius
C.R.E.A.M.

G-Gka-Genius grasshopper

White people control & own everything
G-Gka-Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:41 PM   #13
cosmoprim

cosmoprim Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Gka-Genius
White people control & own everything
RICH PEOPLE control & own everything.

Race doesn't have anything to do with it.

White people may own most record companies and most things in America, but it's the poor who buy the albums/buy into the bullshit video lifestyle and prove over and over again just how stupid they are.

The rich man laughs all the way to the bank while we skirmish on the ground and seperate ourselves based on lies (racial divides).

Just keep on propogating this crap and just keep on buying product and continue to be nothing other than cash source for the rich.
See how far that gets us.
cosmoprim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:48 PM   #14
G-Gka-Genius
C.R.E.A.M.

G-Gka-Genius grasshopper

Close enough.

90% of white people
G-Gka-Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:35 PM   #15
MwazaUmoja

MwazaUmoja grasshopper

Rappers become sellouts to labels.

Most labels, like most things, are owned by whites.

I think it came across as overly harsh the way the poster put it, but he still does have a point. I don't know for a fact that being white is the sole source of blame, but it is a factor in alot of messages being diluted.

The shit that Paris, Askari X, Dead Prez, The Coup, and various other 'radical' rappers say could never really fly on a major label. I noticed that DPZ music fell off when Sony got them. I mean compare stuff like 'Hip-Hop' or 'Propaganda' to 'Hell Yeah.' All I can say is Hell Yeah they fell off when they had people taking liberty over what they can say.

But really I think that's the labels trying to be PC not racist.
MwazaUmoja is offline   Reply With Quote